• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Cracking up at the promotion bonus from a club which hasn't gone up for 25 years. A grand a year without promotion.

Must say though, what I saw of Rowe when he was at Droylsden, I'd have never thought he'd make it at league level. Then again I never thought he'd be scoring so many even at Fylde's level. Not too disappointed we've been knocked back.

I've seen him play for Fylde a few times, he's got an amazing shot and decent skills but lacks movement. There's a good chance he'd struggle at League 1 level.

Previously, Fylde's owner said they would turn down £500k for him, so I think we've fallen a bit short.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

On 03/07/2017 at 6:51 PM, whittles left foot said:

He has a drum and he likes to bang it-Spent all last season waiting for it to go tits up so naturally disappointed when it didn't. Whole new season to go at now.

It would seem to be you that is banging on.  You must be a legend in your own bedroom.

I have simply made people aware of certain moves-If people dont want to be bothered, why should/shouldnt they?

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

It would seem to be you that is banging on.  You must be a legend in your own bedroom.

I have simply made people aware of certain moves-If people dont want to be bothered, why should/shouldnt they?

Can I ask as we had a Trust AGM this week did you attend and raise this as a concern?

Secondly after asking you and a few others directly to come and see him personally about your grievances have you chased Simon Corney up on going to meet him and possibly giving him a piece of your mind on this issue?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can I ask as we had a Trust AGM this week did you attend and raise this as a concern?

Secondly after asking you and a few others directly to come and see him personally about your grievances have you chased Simon Corney up on going to meet him and possibly giving him a piece of your mind on this issue?

I'm as much (or as little?) a fan of ChaddySmoker as the next person but.........

I'm even less of a fan of OWTB Rule 831 whereby a negative Corney/OAFC/Trust/anything opinion or concern isn't valid unless the person goes and has it out with Corney (or whoever) face to face....

hashtag bollocks 

41 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm as much (or as little?) a fan of ChaddySmoker as the next person but.........

I'm even less of a fan of OWTB Rule 831 whereby a negative Corney/OAFC/Trust/anything opinion or concern isn't valid unless the person goes and has it out with Corney (or whoever) face to face....

hashtag bollocks 

I have no problem with people raising grievances with the club via the trust what is it there for? Although I don't expect everyone's problem to be pandered too. I only say this regarding  Corney because he actually appealed to CS directly.

Now if ChaddySmoker doesn't want to take this to the trust or Corney then that's his prerogative I just feel he'd more likely find an answer if he took the more direct approach.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Why? Corney is a silver tongued merchant who could sell paintings to the blind. Why should people, who have got their eyes open, willingly rush to him just to get charmed again?

On 04/07/2017 at 1:30 PM, PlayItLivo said:

Remember when we bidded 20 odd k for Josh Magennis and got laughed out of town

20 grand too much he's pish and that coming from s Norn Ireland fan 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Why? Corney is a silver tongued merchant who could sell paintings to the blind. Why should people, who have got their eyes open, willingly rush to him just to get charmed again?

Because shouting about it on here is solving nothing. We can carry on going round and round in circles having these arguments if you want but we are getting precisely nowhere.

48 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I'd have like to sign him. Magennis looked a lot more threatening than Holloway when he played against us.

He certainly threatened those sat in row z of the Rochdale road end in the first minute of the home game. 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

You intellectual giants should be able to cut through all that and get us the real truth, have a bit more belief in yourselves guys.

Need a new signing buzz this week ahead of pre-seasons.  

A new "Ripley" is a must but nothing excites me more than a striker, a winger or an attacking midfielder.  Some spark, some creativity and the promise of goals.

If we're now buying players then hopefully we can see secure a hidden gem from the league below or non-league or use the cash on wages and some experience with a goal-scoring track record.

I'm sick of looking down the table and after the last two seasons of uncertainty, there is a buzz of stability and progress 

28 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

A new "Ripley" is a must but nothing excites me more than a striker, a winger or an attacking midfielder.  Some spark, some creativity and the promise of goals.

If we're now buying players then hopefully we can see secure a hidden gem from the league below or non-league or use the cash on wages and some experience with a goal-scoring track record.

I'm sick of looking down the table and after the last two seasons of uncertainty, there is a buzz of stability and progress 

We tend to only spend cash on a player when we believe they will retain value for a future sell on.

50 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Why, first friendlies are due to start, we get the "who are the trialists in 1,2,6,8,11" buzz

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

You are yet another who looks at matters in the wrong way. (Probably still sulking at me?)

I do not have a grievance. I inform this board of matters which they may not be aware of, eg Necarcu. If there was good news then I would post it but there usually isnt.

I might comment on the implications of certain Company decisions 'in my eyes only' but I leave it up to posters to come to their own conclusions.

Mr Corney is sole owner (yes really he is) of the football club and can run it in any way that he sees fit, despite anything we may say.

He can postpone the declaration of figures of OAFC (2004) Ltd by another 3 months as he did last week. People should be aware of it.

That does not mean that I have to take a vow of silence nor mutely agree with his management.  A meeting with him would be/was a complete waste of time.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Just now, ChaddySmoker said:

You are yet another who looks at matters in the wrong way. (Probably still sulking at me?)

I do not have a grievance. I inform this board of matters which they may not be aware of, eg Necarcu. If there was good news then I would post it but there usually isnt.

I might comment on the implications of certain Company decisions 'in my eyes only' but I leave it up to posters to come to their own conclusions.

Mr Corney is sole owner (yes really he is) of the football club and can run it in any way that he sees fit, despite anything we may say.

He can postpone the declaration of figures of OAFC (2004) Ltd by another 3 months as he did last week. People should be aware that he did,

That does not mean that I have to take a vow of silence nor mutely agree with his management.  A meeting with him would be/was a complete waste of time.