New signing - Craig Davies back!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think he was first off the mark with Byrne so swings and roundabouts.

True story and self importance coming up - I mentioned Byrne signing on here two days before Nico tweeted it.

But, I do agree with the post above about him being right more than wrong...

Someone asked him about Latics the other day and he said "Seem to be losing a few. Need to find some more." Which isn't wrong, but means nothing really. 

Re Davies - he's scoring more than I thought he would have done, 9 in 21 starts in the league is decent, we shouldn't be getting rid of him. I thought he looked knackered over the Christmas games, suspect he needs a bit of a break, but Holloway isn't prolific enough to lead the line on his own. 

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

True story and self importance coming up - I mentioned Byrne signing on here two days before Nico tweeted it.

But, I do agree with the post above about him being right more than wrong...

Even when he's ultimately wrong he was often right to start with. Facts change. Many on here and Twitter seem to struggle with this. 

I like Holloway, but Davies gives a nice mix of goals and the physicality which Holloway provides. He’d be a real loss.

I don’t like this supposed turnaround of players. Can understand with the loanees but losing contracted players is going to create problems.

4 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I like Holloway, but Davies gives a nice mix of goals and the physicality which Holloway provides. He’d be a real loss.

I don’t like this supposed turnaround of players. Can understand with the loanees but losing contracted players is going to create problems.

I'd rather keep him but he's not done much under Wellens and if it frees up money for someone more like Doyle it might be good business. 

Doyle's movement was almost as important as his finishing, I assume that's the style of striker RW will want. Then again, it was Shez who signed Doyle, not Wellens... 

Maybe he wants something completely different?

He says he knows how he wants to play and we've all just assumed he means the style that was entertaining and relatively successful for a few weeks... 

Edited by HarryBosch

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Getting rid of your top goalscorer is never fine under any circumstances.

And losing your 2 top goal scorers at the same time is more than careless , unless you’ve got some good replacements lined up

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Getting rid of your top goalscorer is never fine under any circumstances.

Exactly this !

5 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

And losing your 2 top goal scorers at the same time is more than careless , unless you’ve got some good replacements lined up

Yep. But even quality strikers on paper are not guaranteed to be a success like Doyle. Matt Derbyshire for example. I rated him highly, he was very good for us but IMO he was unlucky. I seem to remember him hitting the woodwork every week (exaggeration). 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Exactly this !

Yep. But even quality strikers on paper are not guaranteed to be a success like Doyle. Matt Derbyshire for example. I rated him highly, he was very good for us but IMO he was unlucky. I seem to remember him hitting the woodwork every week (exaggeration). 

Your getting your Derbyshires and Erwins mixed up there :OASISscarf:

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Haha. I’m deffo not ! How’s he gone on since leaving us (genuine question)

Lee Erwins scored 2 goals this season for Kilmarnock. One in the league and one in the cup. Hes not exactly pulling up trees is he???

5 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Lee Erwins scored 2 goals this season for Kilmarnock. One in the league and one in the cup. Hes not exactly pulling up trees is he???

I wonder if Curtis main going to Motherwell to try his look, is why there sniffing round Craig davies , allegedly