Oxford Utd Starting XI

11 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

That's what I'd go with, although Shez hasn't played that side and formation in any of his pre season games. 

Hunt hasn't been brought in as a right back they have brought him in as a left back so doubt that will happen. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

4-4-2 with Hunt RB & Stott LB would give us the most natural balance. Harsh on Wilson though, but.. 

McLaughlin & Tope on the wings. 

Fane + whoever in the middle, Davies & Holloway upfront

Not a fan of leaving a young lad with hardly any game time under his belt exposed at left back with Tope's lack of workrate going back, if 4-4-2 think it will be Dummigan & Hunt as full backs

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Hunt hasn't been brought in as a right back they have brought him in as a left back so doubt that will happen. 

Yeah, agree - I meant the setup more than anything and McLaughlin/Tope on the wing. I presumed Hunt and Dummigan are the choice of full backs anyway.

4-5-1 Davies or Duffus central, Mclaughlin/Tope wide. Green Flynn Banks midfield. Dummigan/Hunt full backs. Holloway in the sticks.

That would be mine, I like Holloway, but I also like goals

Edited by youngen

18 minutes ago, youngen said:

4-5-1 Davies or Duffus central, Mclaughlin/Tope wide. Green Flynn Banks midfield. Dummigan/Hunt full backs. Holloway in the sticks.

That would be mine, I like Holloway, but I also like goals

We're starting a season with 2 and a half (with Duffus being an unknown quantity) proper forwards for once, plus Tope, Fawns, Osei and even McLaughlin who can play there and you want to go 1 up top? :lol:

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We're starting a season with 2 and a half (with Duffus being an unknown quantity) proper forwards for once, plus Tope, Fawns, Osei and even McLaughlin who can play there and you want to go 1 up top? :lol:

Id play Duffus if hes fit again. Think the midfield is garbage and we need 3 in there. Only way I can see is dropping a striker out. Davies & Holloway very similar, Davies will find the net more often so get Tope and Mclaughlin whipping in for him.

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He could turn out to be our best player but I don't know how you can say that having never seen him in a competitive match, or 10....

Scored 2 in 2 and won both pens in the 90 mins of pre season he played. When strikers are hot theyre hot, regardless of competition. Same reason I would play Tope. Think Shez has some big decisions on strike force this year.

I'd go 4-4-2

Keeper (god knows who that will be)

Dummigan Clarke Gerrard Hunt

McLaughlin Fane Green Odebayi

Davies Holloway

The key role here will be Green's He would have to be the one that has to show discipline and sit and doesn't get ahead of the ball and as the experienced head in that midfield he should be capable of doing that and should now want to do that rather than play box to box. If he does that then the others can pretty much play their natural games and chances will be created and goals should be scored.

Still feel the squad is a couple of signings light but its a much stronger side than the one we put out against Millwall 12 months ago

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

The key role here will be Green's He would have to be the one that has to show discipline and sit and doesn't get ahead of the ball and as the experienced head in that midfield he should be capable of doing that and should now want to do that rather than play box to box. 

Jesus if Green's the key we're truly fucked.

Has there ever been such an inconsistent vastly experienced player?

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Still feel the squad is a couple of signings light but its a much stronger side than the one we put out against Millwall 12 months ago

Ripley

Wilson

Clarke

Burgess

Reckord (replaced after 10 mins by Law, who switched sides with Wilson)

Green

Banks

Fane

Flynn

Erwin

Mckay

I think the biggest surprise after that performance is that 6 of those are still with us!  I remember Torquay away under Talbot being worse, but this performance was the most hopeless I've seen from a Latics side.

Two 4 4 2s last night but I hope he goes 3 4 3…

Clarke, Gerrard and either Stott or Edmundson

Dummigan, Fane, Green (I know he will play Banks) and Hunt

McLaughlin, Holloway and Davies planing to bring on Duffas of Fawns second half.

With Dummigan/McLaughlin and Hunt/Davies moving forward and back as we attack and defend.

A lot of people still slagging Banks off.

I reckon if he can bag a goal and/or a good performance in this game, or a couple early season, that could make a big difference to his & our year...

Otherwise the usual suspects seem to have decided on their target early doors...

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I reckon if he can bag a goal and/or a good performance in this game, or a couple early season, that could make a big difference to his & our year...

Otherwise the usual suspects seem to have decided on their target early doors...

At least Connor Brown got stuck in alongside giving the ball away 

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not often you talk bollocks Harry , but ......