This time next week..

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This time next week (11:09) on Sunday morning we will have some idea of what the season ahead holds for us. At this stage I don't believe that even Shez knows his starting lineup or formation. Fully expect two new players in this coming week. I'm up for the game and definitely up for the season ahead. 

This time next week I hope that Sunday brunch is going to be going down just fine...please...

This time in about 12 weeks maybe. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to be labeled a pessimist but this time next week any or all the following could have happened...

We sign 2 keepers and a midfielder but the stuff up in the paperwork means they cant be registered till January, 

Crowd get food poisoning from being served last seasons pies

The council close the north stand due to acoustics disturbing the neighbourhood 

A bloke called Barry fleeces the club out of the season ticket money and we go into receivership 

Connor Brown is resigned as a loan to cover that all 6 right backs at the club have broken their legs

Shez is jailed for stealing presents because his kids did not get any last year

All the strikers are sold for an undisclosed fee to pay for a new scoreboard

Hey it's latics - the spinal tap of football :lol:

17 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

It's United academy team isn't it?

Yep,

United are playing Sampdoria the day after, at a Neutral Venue, presumably in USA, so it will be their Academy side and anyone (I don't think there is) who hasn't gone on their annual pre-season jolly to the USA.

Might get a look and see who will be worth a loan enquiry, and a few armchair reds who will go along, but that's about it.

To be honest I can't see a lot of our first team playing all game, with the exception of Gardner.

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

And at least 3 players will have joined CB and Reckord in the whipping boys club ?

Whipping boy: "a person who is blamed or punished for the faults or incompetence of others"

Brown and Reckord: shite

Edited by Magic Mikey

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yep,

United are playing Sampdoria the day after, at a Neutral Venue, presumably in USA, so it will be their Academy side and anyone (I don't think there is) who hasn't gone on their annual pre-season jolly to the USA.

Might get a look and see who will be worth a loan enquiry, and a few armchair reds who will go along, but that's about it.

To be honest I can't see a lot of our first team playing all game, with the exception of Gardner.

They're currently in Norway. The Samp game is in Dublin.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

First game of the season rarely gives an insight as to how the season will pan out par Millwall last season.
Hopefully they put a good shift in but I won't be too miffed if they lose, Sheff U lost their first game last season and Bradford drew 0-0 with Port Vale! 

I pretty much agree with the above and the 'it's not all doom n gloom' if we lose  ... but for once it would be nice to hit the ground running so to speak!

how does the saying go?  

" get into the habit of winning!" 

15 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

First game of the season rarely gives an insight as to how the season will pan out par Millwall last season.
Hopefully they put a good shift in but I won't be too miffed if they lose, Sheff U lost their first game last season and Bradford drew 0-0 with Port Vale! 

After Millwall last season I somehow knew that the season ahead was going to be a struggle! 

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

After Millwall last season I somehow knew that the season ahead was going to be a struggle! 

True!

But I am sure no one predicted we'd have Shez back. Again! Much less that he'd perform miracles. Again!

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I honestly thought he would, not after millwall obvs! But as his season fell apart at the same time as ours, I had a sneaking feeling it could happen

Fair enough, but this was in reponse to season reviews, os at the start of the season.

So, what are your predictions for this season?

personally speaking I can only think of the embarrassment i was subjected too when we played Oxford at their ground (promotion season iirc) and we got smashed 5-1 ...  made worse by living down there at the time and taking a group of RAF mates to the match!

i know we have played them since, but that game always seems to be the 'last' game for me ...  so consequently nothing but an emphatic victory along similar lines will suffice! 

.. i wonder what odds I'd get for that exact score? lol

Edited by thetramfixer

1 hour ago, thetramfixer said:

personally speaking I can only think of the embarrassment i was subjected too when we played Oxford at their ground (promotion season iirc) and we got smashed 5-1 ...  made worse by living down there at the time and taking a group of RAF mates to the match!

i know we have played them since, but that game always seems to be the 'last' game for me ...  so consequently nothing but an emphatic victory along similar lines will suffice! 

200-1 with Coral.

2 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

5-2 it says.

Part 1 of 3 

Edited by BP1960