Blackpool (A)

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yep.  Blackpool should do too for not carrying out proper searches on fans (it's not like there's anything happening terrorism-wise in the world at the moment, is it?) and failing to control the crowd (our pitch-invader)...

My brother was searched, but they let him through with his little stick of Blackpool rock.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the game, Gardner, Fawns, Osei and Mantack were the only ones worthy of a mention, although the chance Fawns missed at the end was frustrating - he had a bit of time, so at least hit the target.  Basic stuff.

No one else got above 3/10.  We walked out of the tunnel at the start of the game with our heads down and looked like we wanted to be anywhere else.  Clarke's head went in the first-half and he was all over the place.

Banks gets a lot of abuse, I've previously thought harsh, but for every one good thing he does he does ten things terribly.  He shouldn't be anywhere near the team, I'm afraid.

I'm told because I didn't go that Fane was asked to do a man marking job and not surprisingly failed miserably.

It is obvious that the club is in disarray but Sheridan seems to be setting out to destroy what little we had.  There is no way a team should perform as it did from January to May and then produce this in August.

It is the worst start in my 27 years as a season ticket holder.  August no points no passion.

This has all the hallmarks of his Notts County stint where he lost 9 on the bounce....I wouldn't mind if we were showing gradual improvement but we are not, if anything, we are getting worse!

We get the same pre match rallying cry and then post match damning assessment every week.

I don't know whether this potential  takeover has somehow affected the players but something is not right. Sheridan was responsible for the retained list and the lions share of the signings coming in, he picks the team and formation and it's his job to motivate them.

This is 'Deja vu' and at least as bad as anything we saw under Kelly and Dunn.

1700 at Blackpool is a magnificent effort considering the shambles of a start we've had but there were a lot of angry and frustrated fans there yesterday who deserve so much better.

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

This has all the hallmarks of his Notts County stint where he lost 9 on the bounce....I wouldn't mind if we were showing gradual improvement but we are not, if anything, we are getting worse!

We get the same pre match rallying cry and then post match damning assessment every week.

I don't know whether this potential  takeover has somehow affected the players but something is not right. Sheridan was responsible for the retained list and the lions share of the signings coming in, he picks the team and formation and it's his job to motivate them.

This is 'Deja vu' and at least as bad as anything we saw under Kelly and Dunn.

1700 at Blackpool is a magnificent effort considering the shambles of a start we've had but there were a lot of angry and frustrated fans there yesterday who deserve so much better.

Clearly off the field shenanigans are having an effect, I'm happy to cut players and staff some slack.

12 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

How does yesterday compare with Crewe away under Dunn - my benchmark for most dismal football experience ever? 

The sun was shining and everyone was ninjared and wanted to have a good time regardless.

Crewe remains the benchmark.

59 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

How does yesterday compare with Crewe away under Dunn - my benchmark for most dismal football experience ever? 

Showed potential to reach that at 2-0 down with chants from fans but after a few minutes swung back to positive support. Second half was great support throughout.

Crewe remains the benchmark. A very dark day.

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Cheers Ibby

Dont even know what that means?

Anyway, my feelings about corney are known, but im having serious doubts about sheridan now, lets face it, the team selection and tactics are horrific.

i can hear that 80's tune in my head..

'rip it up and start again'.

13 hours ago, rosa said:

U ok Hun?

Yes good thanks. Was a tad disappointed with my team yesterday, then to be confronted with the thought of the bus replacement back to Manchester tipped me over the edge. Oh and the sardine tin journey there on the train didn't help. Apart from a good drink with the lads, yesterday was a thoroughly forgettable experience. Roll on the next one! 

12 hours ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

I don't understand how anyone could applaud that shite off today. That was one the most disgusting disgusting displays I've seen following this club for 20 years 

They deserved the shit they got at half time.

They deserved the applause at full time after having a good go second half. 

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

It was nowhere near as bad. We were alright second half.

There was a similar air of menace among the crowd though, which was ace :lol:

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Lol. Is that his third then? Ibby, MFC and now rigsby!

There's a different writing style to rigsby's posts.

Angry but with an underlying melancholy.

Nothing that a good spaffing of takeover cash couldn't solve.