Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If AL really did pay £3-4m then there are only two possible explanations for me. 

Either he is certifiable or that was to pay Corney back for what he said he put in over last few years. It clearly wasn't put in as equity so must have been debt or a gift. The former seems more likely 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They can only know if told 

They should know anyway. It's the point of them being there. Do they have zero relationship with the players? Do they not get told by Simon Brooke who should be party to things like this?

All my direct debits falling due Saturday and Sunday get taken out on Monday. Any payment to me falling due Saturday or Sunday are in my account on Friday. I thought that this was how all banking worked.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

All my direct debits falling due Saturday and Sunday get taken out on Monday. Any payment to me falling due Saturday or Sunday are in my account on Friday. I thought that this was how all banking worked.

Certainly was when I was in banking 30 odd years ago and it's certainly how my banking works now

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Because it has been happening every month for about three years perhaps.

Then AL needs to reassure the players it won't happen again or morale will be rock bottom before the season starts.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Then AL needs to reassure the players it won't happen again or morale will be rock bottom before the season starts.

It doesn't seem as though 'AL' has the means to ensure it doesn't happen again.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It doesn't seem as though 'AL' has the means to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Doesn't auger well then.

He needs to speak up on behalf of the staff and supporters. 

I thought he was going to be more open than the previous regime?

Archived