Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

50 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I asked the question last week regarding the trust website.

It is currently being upgraded.

Hope this helps until underdog etc give you clarity

With respect Maximus, that has been said since May. I'm hopeful we are turning a corner though.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, singe said:

With respect Maximus, that has been said since May. I'm hopeful we are turning a corner though.

We're still in the middle of sorting it. The company helping us out has been going through a merger so hoping we'll have it back online soon.

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We're still in the middle of sorting it. The company helping us out has been going through a merger so hoping we'll have it back online soon.

Cheers Jorvik. I confess I do get conflicted, but I have to remind myself on balance there is no point in paying for something when you can get help for free even if it takes a bit longer than everyone would like.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Is people directly speaking from the club tittle tattle????

So people aren’t getting paid on time, affecting their lives. An to you it’s what- hearsay!? 

That’s really disrespectful. 

Being a small club does not and will not ever mean we should be poorly run. Yes it will mean we have to cut our cloth. But I would genuinely prefer us to be a really well run non league club. With loads of fan engagement, and happy players and staff. Than I would a bone of our arse league club, constantly fire fighting. It’s no fun anymore. I would rather we start from scratch, and become a proper club again. 

The thousands of fans I’m referring to is the ever dwindling home attendance. Which is in part a lack of success, but is also for a lot of people that the club never gives you a consistent amount of forward momentum. Late payments, bad PR no PR etc etc.  Fan apathy is rife. We are down to the hardcore. 

The reason people are concerned is we’ve had 15 years of this. The takeover was supposed to be light at the end tunnel. An let’s be honest here, since AL has been here, we’ve been relegated. The running of the club looks as shabby as ever, and he never speaks or try’s to galvanise the fan base.   

Good start. . 

My point about the trust is very simple. 

I would just like them to answer a question without feeling they are jepodising there position. Or without my having to come to a meeting.

Which to be fair, Tracey has said stick your questions in the pinned thread and will they try an answer. Fair enough. 

People not getting paid by one day is hardly going to affect the players lives that much. I don't see this being a big deal unless you are a doom and gloom merchant.

36 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

People not getting paid by one day is hardly going to affect the players lives that much. I don't see this being a big deal unless you are a doom and gloom merchant.

Are the PFA being called in, because as a one off the wages are a day late??

I don’t see this as being something and nothing unless your deluded. 

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Morning everyone, hope we are recovered from the England game. During the match we had an update from your Trust rep and it am asking for a little faith in your Trust board that we are in the loop but we don't want to air, in depth, the  clubs business in a public social media space. To be brief we discussed

In coming revenue

ourstanding debt from previous regime

change to clubs bank account and recent impact 

embargo

PFA

player signings

I am satisfied with the update I received, yes you might question my naivety in business matters and you might be questioning the integrety of your Trust rep, but I am asking for that faith in your Trust board.....there are people who are directors who are buisness people, work in finances and have been in place from the Moore era onwards

We are upto date.

The AGM is next Monday folks, please come down and meet your Trust people, typing things out on post can make us annoymous and inhuman, meeting us and verbally hearing information might make you understand us a bit better.

thanks

Just to be clear, are we going to be getting any detail around these updates? Or is it a case of trusting the updates have reassured everything is fine?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Are the PFA being called in, because as a one off the wages are a day late??

I don’t see this as being something and nothing unless your deluded. 

Can you link me to the reports confirming this away from twitter and forums?  I genuinely haven’t seen anything.  The PFA involvement I mean. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Or unless you have your mortgage and major bills going out on the last day of the month when your pay is due to be paid in your account like I suspect most people do, some of these footballers will be earning far less than many of us so what makes you think its acceptable to delay their pay and the consequences that can go with that?

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

If it can be afforded a day late then it can be afforded on the day it is due. Horrible way to treat staff.

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

It is now Wednesday. They still haven't been paid...

13 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

They have been paid according to Nixon they where paid on Monday 

I have just trawled through his timeline. He never said they had been paid. On Sunday, he said they were being paid on Monday. They weren't. First time were paid about an hour ago*. Youth team still haven't been and are over in Portugal.

*first team player I know says he still hasn't been paid*

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Imagine being so blindly optimistic that you think routinely paying staff late is fine. I really do give up with our fanbase. 

It’s neither fine nor is it a big deal if we have changed bank. So long as they get it sorted and it’s not a regular occurrence for the rest of the season.

Underdog

Whilst appreciating the update, I cannot find confirmation if our players & staff have been paid yet this month.

Some posters have been slaughtered on here for asking the same question, but for me, its an important  indicator of the well being of our Club

:chubb:

7 hours ago, underdog said:

Morning everyone, hope we are recovered from the England game. During the match we had an update from your Trust rep and it am asking for a little faith in your Trust board that we are in the loop but we don't want to air, in depth, the  clubs business in a public social media space. To be brief we discussed

In coming revenue

ourstanding debt from previous regime

change to clubs bank account and recent impact 

embargo

PFA

player signings

I am satisfied with the update I received, yes you might question my naivety in business matters and you might be questioning the integrety of your Trust rep, but I am asking for that faith in your Trust board.....there are people who are directors who are buisness people, work in finances and have been in place from the Moore era onwards

We are upto date.

The AGM is next Monday folks, please come down and meet your Trust people, typing things out on post can make us annoymous and inhuman, meeting us and verbally hearing information might make you understand us a bit better.

thanks

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bit odd... people signing contract extensions when they haven’t been paid.

Simple enough question I thought  . . . .

You don't know either then eh

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Simple enough question I thought  . . . .

You don't know either then eh

Another simple question ...If your employer regularily came to you an said  " sorry your wages will be late this month" what would your reaction be?

1 minute ago, pk200 said:

Another simple question ...If your employer regularily came to you an said  " sorry your wages will be late this month" what would your reaction be?

Is this for me pk200 ?

8 minutes ago, pk200 said:

I would be cool with it so long as he had a legitimate excuse like changing his bank every month <_<

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I would be cool with it so long as he had a legitimate excuse like changing his bank every month <_<

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Thanks ...I'll file that under flippant.

Archived