Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Doesn't auger well then.

He needs to speak up on behalf of the staff and supporters. 

I thought he was going to be more open than the previous regime?

Has he said that somewhere? Genuine question..

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Players have called in the PFA...

They had already done this before the last game of the season. I don’t want to say to much, but I am generally very positive, but I am extremely worried now. The club is really  struggling 

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

They had already done this before the last game of the season. I don’t want to say to much, but I am generally very positive, but I am extremely worried now. The club is really  struggling 

There's a tweet the PFA weren't called on Friday.

Too many bad rumours going round, AL needs to sort this out once and for all so we can all actually look forward to the new season.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There's a tweet the PFA weren't called on Friday.

Too many bad rumours going round, AL needs to sort this out once and for all so we can all actually look forward to the new season.

Not a rumour at all. Over 5 players have been to the pfa 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Told you so fellas.

No walk the league posts found yet? Needs to be plural as you keep saying walk the league fellas... plural. 

(yes this will be my response to every single post I see if yours from now on until you stop using the phrase)  

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No walk the league posts found yet? Needs to be plural as you keep saying walk the league fellas... plural. 

(yes this will be my response to every single post I see if yours from now on until you stop using the phrase)  

The fella just wants a reaction.

Don't give it him...... he's a wind up merchant.

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

9 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

The fella just wants a reaction.

Don't give it him...... he's a wind up merchant.

Called me a racist for mistaken identity and I have called him out a few times for an apology and just ignores. Horrible individual 

51 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Called me a racist for mistaken identity and I have called him out a few times for an apology and just ignores. Horrible individual 

There you go, he got a reaction from you then ignored you.

The problem on here is those who have a negative opinion on pretty much everything,  have had the bragging rights over the past 21 years, not because they are in the know or experts in finance or business but because the club has been a mess for years.

If a poster like me posts some positivity which is what OAFC is to me, hope and dreams then on the flip side I may and have been disappointed more often in recent years.

The Kasungas and the like of this board thrive on reading pie eyed dreams and down vote or berate the individual for posting such things.

The majority of stuff on this board is made up, hear say and Chinese whispers. The only people in the know, are those, truly in the know.

Anyway c'mon you blues for the folk like me , lets lift that LG2 title and have a few good cup runs and tv appearances and see 5/6000 fans turning up,  its a dream !!!!

And for a few others,  we will likely get relegated again, AL walks out after a few weeks and runs leaving us in even worse peril and BP becomes a housing development.

Then they can say, I told you so !!!!!

I don’t get how he was able to buy the club if he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, failing to pay players not even months into owning us.

i also don’t understand how the trust are so happy with him? 

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

There you go, he got a reaction from you then ignored you.

The problem on here is those who have a negative opinion on pretty much everything,  have had the bragging rights over the past 21 years, not because they are in the know or experts in finance or business but because the club has been a mess for years.

If a poster like me posts some positivity which is what OAFC is to me, hope and dreams then on the flip side I may and have been disappointed more often in recent years.

The Kasungas and the like of this board thrive on reading pie eyed dreams and down vote or berate the individual for posting such things.

The majority of stuff on this board is made up, hear say and Chinese whispers. The only people in the know, are those, truly in the know.

Anyway c'mon you blues for the folk like me , lets lift that LG2 title and have a few good cup runs and tv appearances and see 5/6000 fans turning up,  its a dream !!!!

And for a few others,  we will likely get relegated again, AL walks out after a few weeks and runs leaving us in even worse peril and BP becomes a housing development.

Then they can say, I told you so !!!!!

God help you

4 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

I don’t get how he was able to buy the club if he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, failing to pay players not even months into owning us.

Wasn't aware anybody hadn't received their wages.

18 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

It does raise questions about the football league’s fit and proper test if this is the case. Hopefully it is just an issue with banking but it is a concern.

1 minute ago, LaticsLegend said:

Echo thoughts of how was he allowed to buy the club with no funds available, in this country or otherwise.

I also can't understand how we cant pay players on Friday but magic up the funds by Monday. Makes no sense.

Maybe it’s bullshit and you are whipping yourself up into a frenzy based on bored twitter gimps and owtb lie mongers?

4 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Echo thoughts of how was he allowed to buy the club with no funds available, in this country or otherwise.

I also can't understand how we cant pay players on Friday but magic up the funds by Monday. Makes no sense.

Clearly he would have had to have displayed evidence of funding.

9 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

It’s also just a really shitty thing to do even if it’s just playing staff being paid late, regardless of performances last season. I don’t buy this teething problems from Corney crap either - AL has been at the helm for half a year now and wages are still falling late every month. He’s had 6 pay days to sort out any ‘banking issues’ from the previous regime. Worrying.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

My feeling is that he has either underestimated or been misled regarding the scale of owning and running a football club.

It does look like that, but he was here for months beforehand and had knowledge of the football world.

Archived