Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

There you go, he got a reaction from you then ignored you.

The problem on here is those who have a negative opinion on pretty much everything,  have had the bragging rights over the past 21 years, not because they are in the know or experts in finance or business but because the club has been a mess for years.

If a poster like me posts some positivity which is what OAFC is to me, hope and dreams then on the flip side I may and have been disappointed more often in recent years.

The Kasungas and the like of this board thrive on reading pie eyed dreams and down vote or berate the individual for posting such things.

The majority of stuff on this board is made up, hear say and Chinese whispers. The only people in the know, are those, truly in the know.

Anyway c'mon you blues for the folk like me , lets lift that LG2 title and have a few good cup runs and tv appearances and see 5/6000 fans turning up,  its a dream !!!!

And for a few others,  we will likely get relegated again, AL walks out after a few weeks and runs leaving us in even worse peril and BP becomes a housing development.

Then they can say, I told you so !!!!!

Will you be making an appearance or two this season 0000 ?

5 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

The Kasungas and the like of this board thrive on reading pie eyed dreams and down vote or berate the individual for posting such things.

Still upset about that one downboat on your weird poem extracts... 

5 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

I don’t get how he was able to buy the club if he hasn’t got a pot to piss in, failing to pay players not even months into owning us.

i also don’t understand how the trust are so happy with him? 

He must have had enough beans to buy the club,then stump up a dipper for the FA which pretty much passes him on the fit and proper.

He then hires the trust's head honcho....... Sorted. 

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why the downboat chaddy? Fair question. If the club is in the position people are saying then they should know and inform

If it isn't they should let us know. It's what they're there for is it not?

You can’t ask a simple question unless you turn up to the next meeting and commit to standing in election. The recent surge in a ‘like it or lump it’ mentality from the Trust is exactly what I would’ve expected during Barry’s years at the helm. Yes, I appreciate that the Trust leadership are volunteers with ordinary lives who can’t be on OWTB 24/7 but often simple queries are ignored and their answers made out to be a top secret MI5 document. 

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why the downboat chaddy? Fair question. If the club is in the position people are saying then they should know and inform

If it isn't they should let us know. It's what they're there for is it not?

Agreed. 

I tried and failed to get this point genuinely answered. 

The reply’s went-

We don’t comment on every bit of club news. 

What do you think the trust does? 

We we are bound by confidentiality (understandable to a point) but contradicts the point that they aren’t more in the know than the rest of us. 

Come along and get involved. 

Generally defensive about how much free time they give. (When that wasn’t or is ever question) 

The feeling i was left with only reaffirmed my gut instinct.  It’s a small group of very well intentioned good people, but who enjoy being close to the club and don’t want to jeopardise that in any way. To get information, you must give of your time as they do, and information will be shared.  

If you don’t want to or can’t give your time. Then as above you get very political non answers. 

. . . And please I’m not having a go. They do a lot of good.  However trying to get a Question answered is unnecessarily hard work.  

Stick your questions in the trust section of the page then folks, I doubt they want to troll through 15 pages of shite gags on a 200 page thread to see if anyone's asked them something. 

Personally I think the Trust are in danger of ostracising themselves particularly if SB's relationship with AL continues to get cosy, first and foremost surely the Trusts role must be to safeguard and on the back of that talk of wages again being paid late without a whim from the Trust is frankly not good enough.

It appears that the seat on the board is again being used as some sort of leg up, that may be seen as unfair but the Trust and those involved have hardly come out and put to bed the perceived conflict of interest and when the shits still hitting the fan with unrest behind the scenes it's more important than ever that our rep is impartial, I know some won't agree with my take on this but personally I think its more important than ever that we put these niggling issues to bed and then we can all get behind a team who want to play for us because they are being suitably rewarded - on time.

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

I tried and failed to get this point genuinely answered. 

The reply’s went-

We don’t comment on every bit of club news. 

What do you think the trust does? 

We we are bound by confidentiality (understandable to a point) but contradicts the point that they aren’t more in the know than the rest of us. 

Come along and get involved. 

Generally defensive about how much free time they give. (When that wasn’t or is ever question) 

The feeling i was left with only reaffirmed my gut instinct.  It’s a small group of very well intentioned good people, but who enjoy being close to the club and don’t want to jeopardise that in any way. To get information, you must give of your time as they do, and information will be shared.  

If you don’t want to or can’t give your time. Then as above you get very political non answers. 

. . . And please I’m not having a go. They do a lot of good.  However trying to get a Question answered is unnecessarily hard work.  

To do what you, and others, seem to be asking them to they'd have to (and, I hope would) seek clarification from AL or other club officials pretty much every time.

I'd rather they were selective and not constantly mithering people with more important work to do every time a rumour surfaces on the internet. 

You also seem to be working on the assumption they know loads of juicy, incendiary info that they're keeping to themselves. They probably don't. 

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It appears that the seat on the board is again being used as some sort of leg up, that may be seen as unfair but the Trust and those involved have hardly come out and put to bed the perceived conflict of interest 

I'm absolutely fine if it becomes apparent that the trusts rep on the board, or any other trust member, could do a good job of something at the club and the club see fit to take advantage of that. 

It might even work well this time. :grin:

It also seems contradictory that people are moaning about SB as main man at the trust and, at the same time, also moaning about a scenario (true or otherwise) that will see somebody different take his place. 

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Since what came out?

None payment of players again .... admittedly aledgedly none payment. But this happenes every month and every month, I ask the trust if this can be confirmed or denied.  if it’s true?  why does it keep happening ?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Personally I think the Trust are in danger of ostracising themselves particularly if SB's relationship with AL continues to get cosy, first and foremost surely the Trusts role must be to safeguard and on the back of that talk of wages again being paid late without a whim from the Trust is frankly not good enough.

It appears that the seat on the board is again being used as some sort of leg up, that may be seen as unfair but the Trust and those involved have hardly come out and put to bed the perceived conflict of interest and when the shits still hitting the fan with unrest behind the scenes it's more important than ever that our rep is impartial, I know some won't agree with my take on this but personally I think its more important than ever that we put these niggling issues to bed and then we can all get behind a team who want to play for us because they are being suitably rewarded - on time.

The onus is on the Trust to clarify it’s role and relationship with the board of the club - if it truly is the ‘eyes and ears’ of the fans then it’s voice has to represent the concerns of the fans and seek clarity which it is then allowed to disseminate to the wider fan base. Whether this is as part of a board statement or separately is immaterial.  The Trust is in an invidious position in that it has to adhere to board guidelines and at the same time push for as much information to be passed down to us, the fans.

The Trust has a seat at the ‘top table’ and can be an instrument for change. 

I would hope for a full statement clarifying the way the Trust will interact going forward and until then I am not sure it does any good to speculate.

45 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

To do what you, and others, seem to be asking them to they'd have to (and, I hope would) seek clarification from AL or other club officials pretty much every time.

I'd rather they were selective and not constantly mithering people with more important work to do every time a rumour surfaces on the internet. 

You also seem to be working on the assumption they know loads of juicy, incendiary info that they're keeping to themselves. They probably don't. 

Harry, I’m not stupid. 

I totally understand people have busy lives. I also fully agree that they should not be going to the owner every 5 minutes, it’s unprofessional and creates mistrust. 

However a lot of people are concerned at the how club is STILL being run, despite our previous owner leaving. This isn’t tittle tattle bullshit. It’s a lot people saying the same thing. All we get is silence. It’s worrying- especially after relegation. Forget the players we sign, if it’s fucked behind the scenes we are only going one way. 

Personally I believe the trust is completey and utterly impotent as a ‘having a say on the board, fans voice type of thing’ it’s so conflicted all the time. One minute there privy to things the next they can’t speak, one minute they’ve had conversations with the owner, and the next they can’t speak. It’s like having a second mini board at the club - It’s not right. It’s either transparent (or it’s not because there hands are tied!?) It makes no sense. 

The trust should be fund raising excerise only. One it already does a very good job with!

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Harry, I’m not stupid. 

I totally understand people have busy lives. I also fully agree that they should not be going to the owner every 5 minutes, it’s unprofessional and creates mistrust. 

However a lot of people are concerned at the how club is STILL being run, despite our previous owner leaving. This isn’t tittle tattle bullshit. It’s a lot people saying the same thing. All we get is silence. It’s worrying- especially after relegation. Forget the players we sign, if it’s fucked behind the scenes we are only going one way. 

Personally I believe the trust is completey and utterly impotent as a ‘having a say on the board, fans voice type of thing’ it’s so conflicted all the time. One minute there privy to things the next they can’t speak, one minute they’ve had conversations with the owner, and the next they can’t speak. It’s like having a second mini board at the club - It’s not right. It’s either transparent (or it’s not because there hands are tied!?) It makes no sense. 

The trust should be fund raising excerise only. One it already does a very good job with!

Good post. Someone talking common sense on here? Will it catch on?

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

None payment of players again .... admittedly aledgedly none payment. But this happenes every month and every month, I ask the trust if this can be confirmed or denied.  if it’s true?  why does it keep happening ?

Can something "alleged" actually "come out"? 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The Trust is in an invidious position in that it has to adhere to board guidelines and at the same time push for as much information to be passed down to us, the fans.

I'm one of "us, the fans" and I'm only bothered about interesting or important information. Not as much information as possible for information's sake. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Harry, I’m not stupid. 

So you believe that it is preferable to have no fans representation on the board and so the owner/board do not get feedback/opinions from fans?

You would rather they just did a bit of fundraising to raise money and invest into something they have no influence over?

I find that a very bizarre viewpoint and a regressive step.

I have no involvement with the trust, I know nobody on the trust and so I have no axe to grind one way or another other than being a fan of OAFC, so my opinions are my own.

All this message board moaning and challenges and want of instant answers to questions that are frankly bugger all to do with those asking the questions.

If the wages haven't been paid, then unless you are a member of the club (player or otherwise) then frankly it has no impact on you at all and so why do you have the right to know one way or another - unless you are their bank manager.

If you get the answer they haven't been paid and the club is in dire straits, then what difference does it make to you, what are you going to do about it other than clutter up a message board with more moans?

or will that be the impetus you need to get a call to arms to support the fans trust, who you have been berating on this board for not jumping to answer your question.

I am not sure why the Trust members put up with the snipping and moaning they get on this board, why would they stick the heads above the parapet to get harassed when life would be simpler to not be bothered and move to be inactive and make their lives simpler and blood pressure lower.

Why would they b encouraged to provide an answer on this message board to every single question, knowing they will get mithered all the bloody time.

They are doing it for the love of the club and I appreciate Underdogs updates, as she does try and keep us updated, despite the nonsense that sometimes erupts.

So if Simon Brooke does have a new role in the club, okay there maybe a conflict if he has these two hats, then I am sure he will do the right thing and so will the rest of the board. After all he is doing either a paid or unpaid role as a fan of the club, not that he wants to shaft anybody. If he can help improve the club from the inside, good for him he is still a fan and will probably do a better job than someone with no history with the club. As fans rep then he will need to be replaced to avoid the conflict of interest slurs, to protect himself, but that means somebody else needs to put their hand up and take on the role, that takes time and having people interested.

Archived