Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Is that players, staff or both?

3 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

There hasn't been a problem with wages for a quite a  few months now is my understanding

The players also haven't been paid again today and aren't likely to until next week...

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The players also haven't been paid again today and aren't likely to until next week...

Is this a money issue or new bank issue? Or money issue due to new bank?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If they get paid last day on month that’s tomorrow? They get paid bacs I think so would go through on a weekend so still time. (False hope?) 

Read somewhere that the delay this month is down to a change in the bank the club uses, if you follow the #oafc on twitter a club employee has posted that there have been technical issues, I suppose it depends who you want to believe.

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Saturday is a working day for a footballer? Doubt they work it Monday to Friday with their job. 

Yes but not the accepted last working day for BACS payments.  That’s the last working week day of the month 

and considering they play on a Saturday do you really have to doubt them working Monday to Friday? ?

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Yes but not the accepted last working day for BACS payments.  That’s the last working week day.

and considering they play on a Saturday do you really to doubt them working Monday to Friday? ?

Doubt they worked at all after January ?

Given the past problems with paying wages they have had a month to sort out any "technical" issues with the bank. This is amateurish,you cannot afford to not pay employees on time, in that scenario staff motivation hits rock bottom and they start heading for the door. Footballers are no different

14 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Given the past problems with paying wages they have had a month to sort out any "technical" issues with the bank. This is amateurish,you cannot afford to not pay employees on time, in that scenario staff motivation hits rock bottom and they start heading for the door. Footballers are no different

I agree. But it kind of depends on what the issue is, where it lies and when it came about?  

15 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Whilst you have a point changing banks and sorting out the payroll would be a pretty major undertaking for most organisations, not sure who is responsible for the day to day stuff at the club at the moment as some staff seem to of been fired off and AL has been away in Russia but lets hope these type of issues can be resolved going forward.

You don't have to be some Business Guru to get the basics right !

Any of us on this forum would have made our very first priority every single month to pay our players and staff on time

Am afraid to say its increasing looking like our new owner has little commercial attributes and could well be a right chancer

Oh and while I'm at it, the talk of any Venture Capital business being interested in Latics is frankly, laughable, as there is absolutely no money in lower league football

If this bloke has spent £5-£6 million so far then he must have wealth or backers.  To be able to lose that amount with no timescale on return isn’t an action when that £6 million is your only wealth.

I too cannot see why venture capitalists are interested unless next step is to purchase the stadium and surrounding land from Blitz.  This will give them an asset value to the club acquisition that will only increase in value.

Purchasing just the club is short-term.  Granted you can buy players, develop and sell at a profit but at our level it’s not going to generate mass profit.  Youth development could deliver profit too but we seriously need to improve our infrastructure of training facilities.

Frustrating for me is no clear strategy on AL’s short, medium and long-term objectives and ambitions.   Seems very much hand to mouth at moment with player sales or releases to balance books plus players still being paid late.  No CEO in charge and no sign of AL for weeks.  Granted players only returned on Thursday but the club operates 52 weeks a year and hasn’t massive concerns over debts, operating income v expenditure etc.

As someone suggested, money is imminent and highly likely that theyll shortly be new faces in the boardroom. This was supported by Nixon on Twitter and whilst some criticise the bloke, why would he affirm this when it’s easier to pour doubt on it and sensationalise the further demise of the club.

Im ever the optimist so I’m suspecting next week will see developments at the club to stabilise and reassure the fans.  Hopefully it signals the ambition and is more than just new faces.

Can we just have a separate thread for bourney and sinnot that they put their posts on because im bored of trawling through absolute negative drivel on here to get those little snippets of info that are at times 80-90% accurate. Clutching at straws.

Midsblue

Recent public statement from Mr Lemsagam,  "unfortunately the mess was bigger than we expected", certainly got my alarm bells ringing.

Its really not difficult to work out what you are buying, your assets, your outgoings and current creditors v your available income streams (attendances, marketing, player sales, cup competitions). So how it a bigger mess than he expected !

If the rumours are true regarding new investors, doesn't that simply evidence Mr Lemsagam has all but exhausted his personal financial investment

I was never remotely expecting someone with massive wealth to keep pumping £millions into out Club but I was expecting someone with enough £s, with decent business acumen to start running the Club properly.

Running the Club properly most certainly does not include paying a player £11,500/week in League One (if that is true). Now off the books thankfully but what an absolutely commercially naïve decision to take.

As you pointed out, we have no one currently running the Club yet most of us would have prioritised the appointment of a commercially aware CEO / Board Member to improve the day to day running of the Club, as it was glaringly obvious we needed that strength to progress

Early School Report for Mr Lemsagam so far:

Blunder after blunder unfortunately

Must do better

Archived