Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Midsblue

Recent public statement from Mr Lemsagam,  "unfortunately the mess was bigger than we expected", certainly got my alarm bells ringing.

Its really not difficult to work out what you are buying, your assets, your outgoings and current creditors v your available income streams (attendances, marketing, player sales, cup competitions). So how it a bigger mess than he expected !

If the rumours are true regarding new investors, doesn't that simply evidence Mr Lemsagam has all but exhausted his personal financial investment

I was never remotely expecting someone with massive wealth to keep pumping £millions into out Club but I was expecting someone with enough £s, with decent business acumen to start running the Club properly.

Running the Club properly most certainly does not include paying a player £11,500/week in League One (if that is true). Now off the books thankfully but what an absolutely commercially naïve decision to take.

As you pointed out, we have no one currently running the Club yet most of us would have prioritised the appointment of a commercially aware CEO / Board Member to improve the day to day running of the Club, as it was glaringly obvious we needed that strength to progress

Early School Report for Mr Lemsagam so far:

Blunder after blunder unfortunately

Must do better

Don’t talk such sense! We’re going up with a billion in the bank

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Good song there Kusunga  . . . . .

"We're going up with a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank"

"We're going up with a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank"

That's a defo for our first Away Day of the season at Forest Green

:chubb:

1 hour ago, rg2403 said:

Can we just have a separate thread for bourney and sinnot that they put their posts on because im bored of trawling through absolute negative drivel on here to get those little snippets of info that are at times 80-90% accurate. Clutching at straws.

A whole thread pretty much just for postman matt are you fuckin mental?

I am lead to believe it was Corney who asked Al to fund that said player and his trimmimgs

Al had not officially took over the club then so yes, he was naive maybe with regards to what the average L1 player is on. I don't believe he will be that naive now he has adjusted to English football league and owning a club.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Good song there Kusunga  . . . . .

That's a defo for our first Away Day of the season at Forest Green

:chubb:

Surely it would be easier, and the same effect, to do a rendition of  "I'm a Wanker"?

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am lead to believe it was Corney who asked Al to fund that said player and his trimmimgs

Al had not officially took over the club then so yes, he was naive maybe with regards to what the average L1 player is on. I don't believe he will be that naive now he has adjusted to English football league and owning a club.

Please tell me you don't believe a word of what you have just wrote.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Any truth in what some of the staff are saying about being warned there may be a delay this month with the change in banks?

The change was the reason for the delay last month wasn't it?

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Either the trust know players haven't been paid and The PFA is being called in and have kept it quiet, again, when get shouldn't have.

Or the trust don't know when they absolutely should...

They can only know if told 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Either the trust know players haven't been paid and The PFA is being called in and have kept it quiet, again, when get shouldn't have.

Or the trust don't know when they absolutely should...

Brooke too busy with his Commercial Manager gig...

Archived