Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Looks like the clubs Wikipedia page has been altered! 

Full name Oldham Athletic Association Football Club

Nickname(s) Oldham Pathetic

Founded1895; 122 years ago, as Pine Villa F.C.

Ground Boundary Park

Capacity 13,512 [2]

Chairman Abdallah Lemsagam

Manager Abdallah Lemsagam

LeagueLeague One but play like a Scottish Div 3 side.

2016–17 League One, 17th

Theres some really sad bastards out there 

Not much of note in today's chron.

Although they seem to think the Bynre deal should still happen and he could be in for tomorrow night.

Just a couple of quotes from Shez hinting at his frustration.

"Other people can talk about other things and how they may feel. I am just trying to worry about my team and I have to make sure they battle and work hard for me. "

" Things need to improve in a lot of areas, but I'm only worried about the football pitch "

48 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

We supporters are nothing more than an irritation, tolerated so long as enough go sit in that shit new unfinished stand and pay more monies over before and after the matches. The facilities are piss poor, access is terrible and the viewing position much too low. But it probably doubles the take from the low number of stalwarts who are still attending. Pay up and shut up.   And be eternally grateful.

I'm off to the local derby Droyldsen v Mossley,  an old ground, but with an excellent clubhouse and catering, the extra treat will be some good football played on the pitch. 

59 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've seen it mentioned that this investor is at training all the time. I've watched them train quite a bit over the past few weeks and never seen him there...

You see on here, and on Twitter (don't look at FB much) that so many people make stuff up or just guess or say "I reckon....". You can see why Trump was elected, some people are desperate to believe anything.

Thank you for a bit of fact, much appreciated.

Bored of all the rumours now.  I'll wait until end of Thursday to see how the remaining transfer window unfolds.  

My only comments -

1. Only two people really know what's happening reference the investment/takeover - Corney and Abdallah

2. Whilst some triallists could be bad, you could also unearth some gems

...then again, I've always been a glass half full person 

What gets me about all this shite, some two bit agent meeting Corney's fit for purpose opinion is that we've had real interest before from none circus circles to which Corney didn't give the time of day. I know he reads this board so if I am wrong about that he should take me up on it.

It's clear he can't take this club forward so by his own standard for a take over he knows to go. I've nothing against the bloke personally at all, it's purely he's dragging the club down and needs to hand the reins over very very soon.

17 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Doesnt sound good for Corney...or us for that matter. Deposit cheque must have bounced. 

He hasn't stated OAFC.  On that thread you've got other fans suggested their own clubs.  

Tinges of Shirley Ghostman "insight" - would be well in with some of the "in the know" on here including that JP bloke who claimed we were conducted recruitment upstairs in an estate agents

4 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

.... forgetting that fans are 'boycotting' the whateveritscalledthisyear trophy, it'll make for an interesting night on Tuesday at ISZ all the same!

in fact that's a point, I wonder if laddo will change the name back to Boundary Park, tell Ashley to do one ... kick the great unwashed out of the Chaddy End and re open the Latique? lol

Don't forget the Clayton Arms. 

Rumour is we're signing Jack Byrne (21) from Wigan

Wish him well but I cant see him single handed making as big an impact on the team as we need, going off his stats

Personal information
Full name Jack Byrne
Date of birth (1996-04-24) 24 April 1996 (age 21)
Place of birth Dublin, Ireland
Height 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)[1]
Playing position Midfielder
Club information
Current team
Wigan Athletic
Number 31
Youth career
  St Kevin's Boys
  Manchester City
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2017 Manchester City 0 (0)
2015–2016 Cambuur (loan) 27 (4)
2016–2017 Blackburn Rovers (loan) 4 (0)
2017– Wigan Athletic 2 (0)

22 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Rumour is we're signing Jack Byrne (21) from Wigan

Wish him well but I cant see him single handed making as big an impact on the team as we need, going off his stats

Personal information
Full name Jack Byrne
Date of birth (1996-04-24) 24 April 1996 (age 21)
Place of birth Dublin, Ireland
Height 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)[1]
Playing position Midfielder
Club information
Current team
Wigan Athletic
Number 31
Youth career
  St Kevin's Boys
  Manchester City
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2017 Manchester City 0 (0)
2015–2016 Cambuur (loan) 27 (4)
2016–2017 Blackburn Rovers (loan) 4 (0)
2017– Wigan Athletic 2 (0)

Fuck him off then I mean he's clearly shite he's 21 and made about 30 league appearances so let's just stick with what we have. 

6 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Yeah I couldn't resist.

obviousley not watched much scots div 3 Arbroaths promotion winning side from last year would batter this shower .play up the red lechies ! 

Archived