Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/10/2017 at 5:13 PM, singe said:

But the club on it's own its not worth much, and for AL becomes not much more than a conveyor belt for players, but hardly a cash cow.

Wierder, and wierder.

He is an agent. This is the exact deal I thought would happen. Rafts of signings in and out, his connected agents making money out of each one. Shite but Cortney and TTAs are killing us so hopefully we'll get lucky with one or two signings and sneak a promotion.

26 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He is an agent. This is the exact deal I thought would happen. Rafts of signings in and out, his connected agents making money out of each one. Shite but Cortney and TTAs are killing us so hopefully we'll get lucky with one or two signings and sneak a promotion.

I hope he is buddies with the agents of Doyle, Byrne and Bryan.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Ah, but since then it has been announced he has resigned from his agent's position.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Chairman OAFC!

I'm guessing, but I think it was reported he'd done that as part of his submission to FL so safe to assume that is the case.

Beat me to it...only, I was going to add 'multi-billionaire playboy' as part of his job description. :D 

17 minutes ago, singe said:

Chairman OAFC!

I'm guessing, but I think it was reported he'd done that as part of his submission to FL so safe to assume that is the case.

You're not telling me our prospective new owner is unemployed  Singe?

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You're not telling me our prospective new owner is unemployed  Singe?

Yes!

Gardening Leave!

Well, Pitch Leave?

What would happen to him if the takeover fell through.......!
Seriously though, I wonder if it has ramifications, or complications going back to be an agent, oir if you can just start up again? I wonder who he has given his client base to?

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Seriously though, I wonder if it has ramifications, or complications going back to be an agent, oir if you can just start up again? I wonder who he has given his client base to?

He has just resigned from his position with the company. I assume the company will continue to operate as usual. His brother, and others, remain involved and I suspect he will probably retain some influence, albeit without an official role.

22 minutes ago, singe said:

Yes!

Gardening Leave!

Well, Pitch Leave?

What would happen to him if the takeover fell through.......!

Oldham Athletic "development squad"!

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Well it's certainly taking them long enough.

Seems they have a few other cases to address.

What happens to Blackpool after today will be interesting. Hope their supporters don't suffer.

Archived