Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/8/2017 at 1:04 PM, Monty Burns said:

We were told 4-6 weeks, about 18 days ago.

A fair bit of time to go yet, as you are saying.

We all know it is highly likely it won't be done this side of Christmas.

So that is hopefully at the start of the transfer window.

So that is too convenient, so  mid Jan at best and therefore squeaky bum time.

2 hours ago, singe said:

A fair bit of time to go yet, as you are saying.

We all know it is highly likely it won't be done this side of Christmas.

So that is hopefully at the start of the transfer window.

So that is too convenient, so  mid Jan at best and therefore squeaky bum time.

I think a squeaky bum comes as standard when you’re a Latics supporter. 

There always seems to be a squeak - or the feeling that the next squeak is imminent. 

8 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

There always seems to be a squeak - or the feeling that the next squeak is imminent. 

Them chicken balti pies are worth the hassle though....

9 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Yes! A thousand fold!
Being honest, I am stealing myself for the takeover to collapse.

9 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I wouldn't call it squeeky bum time just an inevitability that we face that we are never too far away from the next shit storm, and boy will it go off on here if this thing falls through.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Yes! A thousand fold!

I take a pragmatic view on the takeover/investment. Simply put, while it does no harm to speculate (this is a discussion forum after all), I am prepared for any outcome.

Until we get some clear and definite statement on the conclusion of the deal, I will not get my hopes up about any financial investment.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wouldn't call it squeeky bum time just an inevitability that we face that we are never too far away from the next shit storm, and boy will it go off on here if this thing falls through.

You'd have to be an idiot to think it wouldn't "go off" on here if it fell through. After all, it would be pretty much it for us if it does.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Yes! A thousand fold!

You and me both, usually with takeovers you hear good things or a plan has been outlined. You couldn't shut The Three Asset Strippers up when they came riding in on their white stallion what their plans were. We know very little about AL except he's an (ex?)agent. What are his plans for the club? What is he buying? Who gains most out of this? 

Corney has stated on several occasions he'll sell to a party that is right for Oldham Athletic. Now SC likes his publicity he likes to play on his 'Saviour' card - so just how is this deal right for Oldham Athletic? I know there has to be a degree of confidentiality however when the deal is that confidential the club's other shareholder and board members supposedly don't know what the fuck is going on suggests that the longer this drags on the more likely it is going to go tits up as there is red tape or rules that simply can't be side tracked. (Despite AL supposedly resigning as an agent)

And just how can this be the right deal for Oldham Athletic when The Asset Strippers keep their nose buried in the trough and keep the stand for themselves?

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

You can tell there is no game this weekend-2 of the usual suspects starting to wind up the board because there has been no news. How it follows that there is no news then it must be a bad thing escapes me.

These things take time.

I'm in the same camp as you. Some people cannot function without a 'drama' going on somewhere in their life and if there isn't one, then they fabricate one. I have friends and family in that frame of mind...my attempts to avoid them are usually futile. :D  The club will announce one way or the other when they are ready to. Until then, let's concentrate on the football...or lack of it, in our case this weekend.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Well there is another NW League 1 side up for sale  now. Lets see how long this one takes to change ownership.

Oystons have been ordered to pay the first £10 million in 28 days. They are under huge pressure to sell, could go to jail and must sell quickly.

Simon Corney, Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal are not.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Oystons have been ordered to pay the first £10 million in 28 days. They are under huge pressure to sell, could go to jail and must sell quickly.

The referee for tomorrow’s Blackpool game Ben Toner has been deselected and moved to the Carlisle vs Yeovil game.  True story but I can’t put a link up.

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It may be as you state above but they still have to  find a buyer and go thru due diligence then before the Football League so before you jump in and start to look a bit silly lets see how long it takes.

Isn't Mike Ashley looking for a lower division club?

Archived