Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It might not be “signed sealed delivered” by the 1/1, doubt there is time, but it might be agreed and authorised. 

Not sure what the urgency is from the forum dwellers perspective?  Why would people get frustrated and angry? Who are they frustrated and angry at/with?  Weird. 

The negativity and cynicism...? well that is just typical and expected from some here. 

Pay day two weeks today.

Wonder if they have planned to pay their staff on time this month? Maybe I should email just to remind them? 

Perhaps I should send that today. They have two home games before them, a gentle reminder might mean they make it for the first time in what, four months?

33 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Pay day two weeks today.

Wonder if they have planned to pay their staff on time this month? Maybe I should email just to remind them? 

Perhaps I should send that today. They have two home games before them, a gentle reminder might mean they make it for the first time in what, four months?

Looking forward to the match on Saturday?

49 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Pay day two weeks today.

A reminder....Do they make money appear out of thin air nowadays!

On 14 November 2017 at 10:51 PM, adamoafc said:

? don’t think many players in league 1 are on that kind of money not even making the bench never played but on 4K a week! ??

You seen what Bury pay their players? 6-8k a Week

The likes of Charlton Wigan and Blackburn will be paying more, Blackburn especially. Be surprised if Dack isn't earning 10k a week there

Plenty of league 1 players are earning 4k a week...

2 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

The likes of Charlton Wigan and Blackburn will be paying more, Blackburn especially. Be surprised if Dack isn't earning 10k a week there

tbf you just named 3 wealthy clubs recently relegated from the Championship (2 a few months ago) with the wage bills that brings with it and Bury who everyone with a brain thinks is well over spending for this level.

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

tbf you just named 3 wealthy clubs recently relegated from the Championship (2 a few months ago) with the wage bills that brings with it and Bury who everyone with a brain thinks is well over spending for this level.

That's correct however it was in reply to the chaps post saying that not many League 1 players are taking home 4k a week...When in fact plenty will be, just the first 4 that came to mind. 

My post was more about the takeover happening in general however added on that according to people who have 100% got a lot of things correct in the past, (people who have broke things way before the club including signings, off the pitch shenanigans etc) he was earning 3.5-4k and all of "AL's" signings are earning a fair whack. 

Be interesting to see what's in the MEN Later

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Dack on 10k a week??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah, sorry, you've lost me there :laught16:

39 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Dack on 10k a week??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah, sorry, you've lost me there :laught16:

According to a someone in the know at Rovers he is on 10k plus, it's also a figure quoted quite often on Rovers forum and apparently he isn't the only one on that kind of money.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

According to a someone in the know at Rovers he is on 10k plus, it's also a figure quoted quite often on Rovers forum and apparently he isn't the only one on that kind of money.

Really??? That's fucking appalling in that case. Apologies to aaronoafc...but I certainly wouldn't be using that as the yardstick for League One. You'll be hard pushed to find many players on over £2k a week at clubs that haven't been above League One level for several seasons. 

18 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Really??? That's fucking appalling in that case. Apologies to aaronoafc...but I certainly wouldn't be using that as the yardstick for League One. You'll be hard pushed to find many players on over £2k a week at clubs that haven't been above League One level for several seasons. 

Think you'll be right re: The clubs that haven't been above league 1 for a while. Southend, Gillingham, Walsall us etc 2k is probably on the higher end for most of their players.

Probably half the league will be paying 4k for some players though. Dack was an extreme example, sure he turned down Brentford for Blackburn and Brentford won't have been offering a crap wage. Plus its coming up north from an essex based lad, only reason for that will be £££

13 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

OWTB knows the salaries of not only Latics players, but also the rest of League 1??

Not hard to get an idea of most really. 

Time is relative.  It is a bit like asking how old a baby is.  First its days then its weeks then its months and finally years.

End of month would be a good time to take on our broke football club.

The only complicated thing about this 'whatever it is' is the fact that AL was a football agent.  Those who think or 'know' it should take a long time other than by choice if not already solicitors are in the wrong job.

1 hour ago, singe said:

He's entirely guessing and based on Moisley comments on the radio.

I think that's a bit unfair. Although very similar in content to the radio comments, the article specifically states that Moisley spoke to the M.E.N. and contains new quotes from him, mentioning the end of November as the target date for completion, as oppossed to  the often mentioned 4 to 6 weeks away (which never seemed to get  any closer).

I suspect Moisley is limited in what he can say, partly due to the fact he hasn't been told an awful lot.

It must be an uncertain time for him too. New owners are renowned for bringing their own managers in but, they quite often also bring one of their own people in to run the off field side of the club. He may be concerned about his own role going forward.

Just now, Nohairdontcare said:

I still can't see any new Matt Chambers report anywhere - just a guy on twitter asking if there was an update, Matt saying there would be one in the MEN, then the guy who asked the original question speculating that it might be done by the end of the month...

Ie, no update.

Yeah link is please for god sake ha :D

10 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I still can't see any new Matt Chambers report anywhere - just a guy on twitter asking if there was an update, Matt saying there would be one in the MEN, then the guy who asked the original question speculating that it might be done by the end of the month...

Ie, no update.

The article was in the print version of the Oldham edition of the MEN. Haven't seen it online.

Archived