Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

6 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I didn't say they lied but I wouldn't describe someone who works inside oafc messaging sensitive info to 'outsiders' everytime they hear something trustworthy. This club has more leaks than the Mary Rose ffs!

I didn't say "someone who works inside oafc messaging sensitive info to 'outsiders'" although I suspect that probably does happen also.

I said I have had/seen information in the past that has come from directly from Corney to mutual associates (not workers in the club.)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bozman said:

Agree completely. Club officials are human beings like the rest of us and they can be inclined to gossip and brag about work and work colleagues, as much as anyone else.

Or just share information with a friend they know would be interested and who they trust to not go off and tell all & sundry.

I've never understood how some people on here who really, really like talking about all things Latics seem surprised that other people (who've gone a step further and got themselves a job there) also really, really like talking about all things Latics especially with mates who support, but don't work at, the club.....

And how people use terms like "leaks" and "sensitive information" as if it's MI5 or something.... :lol:

I will donate £10.00 to playershare if its signed, sealed and delivered by 01.01.18.

In my mind we still have other steps to complete besides the EFL Fit and proper person test. From the Trust summary several pages ago I think we still have:

Our own board approval of whatever the takeover is

The landlords approval

The debentures approval (if any that have been secured against the chairmans shares)

The Necarcu secured loan approval/settlement

So lets hope, the other steps are well under way too

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I will donate £10.00 to playershare if its signed, sealed and delivered by 01.01.18.

In my mind we still have other steps to complete besides the EFL Fit and proper person test. From the Trust summary several pages ago I think we still have:

The landlords approval

The debentures approval (if any that have been secured against the chairmans shares)

If you said £100 I would have confidence it wouldn’t happen before the date, £10 isnt really sticking your neck out there is it ?

Thought I'd just copy this in from the last Trust update in September and best case scenario:

Negotiations with the current shareholder who is looking to sell shares
Potential investor would seek Due Dilligence in order to confirm details disclosed/not disclosed in negotiations
Initial consultation with EFL/FA regarding F&PP test requirements
Acceptable proposal to the current shareholder
Proposal presented to the club board of directors and Trust Oldham
Permission would need to be sought from the current debenture holders (Brass Bank and Necarcu) as both debenture agreements do not permit the sale of any of the 97% shareholding without the settlement of the debentures*
Debentures settled, board permission granted and Trust Oldham blessing acquired
F&PP test undertaken on relevant individuals (potential new directors/shareholders disclosed to FA/EFL)
Appointment of any new directors at Companies House
Investor/Takeover largely completed

It might not be “signed sealed delivered” by the 1/1, doubt there is time, but it might be agreed and authorised. 

Not sure what the urgency is from the forum dwellers perspective?  Why would people get frustrated and angry? Who are they frustrated and angry at/with?  Weird. 

The negativity and cynicism...? well that is just typical and expected from some here. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It might not be “signed sealed delivered” by the 1/1, doubt there is time, but it might be agreed and authorised. 

Not sure what the urgency is from the forum dwellers perspective?  Why would people get frustrated and angry? Who are they frustrated and angry at/with?  Weird. 

The negativity and cynicism...? well that is just typical and expected from some here.

Oh the naivety of teenage years.

Take it as read Tracey, your tenner is safe.

4 hours ago, underdog said:

The landlords approval

If there is something that can safely be assumed it is that all the subsidiary points are no more complex than ticking a box.

8 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Apparently there is a line about the status of it in todays MEN according to Matt Chambers

and the line will be...

due diligence still on going with the FA. Should be completed within the next.....4 to 6 weeks!

Archived