Doyle signs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Did Gardnerer and Doyle play together at Chesterfield?

If the wiki dates are correct then they might have played a few together. Gardener joined early Jan and Doyle left in the same window on deadline day.

I didn't realise he left in the January window, that means Doyle had scored 21 league goals in half a season when he left. If he performs half as well for us we're onto a winner. :cardinal:

Edited by PlayItLivo

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was excellent in 14/15, but didn't he have Clucas putting them on a plate for him every week? Not sure we've got that quality here.

Still, a much better proposition than Holloway...

Clucas and Daniel Johnson if my memory serves me correct. 

Edited by yarddog73

10 minutes ago, The Scottish Zidane said:

Yeah, I remember the 1-1 away at Chesterfield and thinking that Edgar Davids looking one was a cut above, then we signed him. Wasn't Forte just behind Doyle in the scoring charts?

That was a decent game of football, they also had Morsy in their team, just shows how they haven't spent wisely.

Well I suppose 3 league goals from has last 23 games is a massive improvement on Holloway and Davies.  Work some magic Sheridan.

I can't help thinking that if all the money we are paying in wages for our strikers had been split between just two players we might have been able to afford to employ someone or two who has a current decent strike rate.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

I can't help thinking that if all the money we are paying in wages for our strikers had been split between just two players we might have been able to afford to employ someone or two who has a current decent strike rate.

Holloway and Davies would equal a decent wage for someone. Same could be said for Flynn and Dummington. 

3 hours ago, Hands on said:

Well I suppose 3 league goals from has last 23 games is a massive improvement on Holloway and Davies.  Work some magic Sheridan.

Quality not quantity is an old adage.