Ex players and that

On 6/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, oafc 123 said:

Barrow train in Greater Manchester to encourage players to sign.

Very clever from them.

Imagine the clowns at our club having the foresight to think of something like that. 

Nope, we'll just send letters to fans and shut stands instead. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

One for BP60. Heard that Jack Williams has signed for Tranmere...

Strange one that as he's hardly played in 2 years due to injury, you'd think if Tranmere wanted him though we could have kept him on.

I was impressed with him when he was 15/16 so hope he can fulfill his potential.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Strange one that as he's hardly played in 2 years due to injury, you'd think if Tranmere wanted him though we could have kept him on.

I was impressed with him when he was 15/16 so hope he can fulfill his potential.

Players can’t wait to get an exit from this shithole!!

22 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

One for BP60. Heard that Jack Williams has signed for Tranmere...

Was speaking with some Tranmere fans today, they reckon they're good for auto. Also said Clarkey was a liability towards the end of his time there, glad he's gone.

On his first venture into League football, with Latics,  he was derided by some fans. 

Now, after 12 goals from midfield and a promotion, he has been voted fans player of the year, players player of the year and supporters club player of the  year.  

Well done Ben Garrity for showing what a knowledgeable mob some of our supporters are.

34 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

On his first venture into League football, with Latics,  he was derided by some fans. 

Now, after 12 goals from midfield and a promotion, he has been voted fans player of the year, players player of the year and supporters club player of the  year.  

Well done Ben Garrity for showing what a knowledgeable mob some of our supporters are.

To be fair he was pretty shit for us

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

There is no denying that, on his day, Garrity was an okay footballer. 
The problem when he was playing for us was that his ‘on’ days were few and far between. And on his ‘off’ days he was very poor I recall - not able to trap the ball, pass it to a teammate  - a liability on the pitch.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Vale played to his strengths..........we tried to make him play tippy-tappy.

Simple really, get players to fit your system or a system to suit your players. 

The main failing of our esteemed sporting director... no recruitment plan. Just sign whoever is available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Vale played to his strengths..........we tried to make him play tippy-tappy.

Simple really, get players to fit your system or a system to suit your players. 

Would have got more out of bam on the wing this season 

All today’s top players are technically gifted but they also give 100% effort……Bam couldn’t be arsed 95% of the time and if he wants to have a career in football his attitude needs to change drastically!!!

14 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

All today’s top players are technically gifted but they also give 100% effort……Bam couldn’t be arsed 95% of the time and if he wants to have a career in football his attitude needs to change drastically!!!

I saw that from the Hungarians last night, but not from most of the England players, Stones for example strolled about, painfully slow passing and looked if he didn't want to be there.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I saw that from the Hungarians last night, but not from most of the England players, Stones for example strolled about, painfully slow passing and looked if he didn't want to be there.

Don't blame him.  It's ridiculous to be playing this many internationals at this time of year

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't blame him.  It's ridiculous to be playing this many internationals at this time of year

You get paid obscene amounts of money

You are picked to play for your country 

Surely it’s not much to ask that you put in some effort?

My problem with England is that they are afraid to play  - and that’s down to the coaching staff I reckon.