Ex players and that

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have just watched Mani Diseruwerve put in probably the worst individual performance I have ever seen...

Halifax have had a terrible start.

Add that to how well Barrow have started this season and it's fair to say that Pete Wild's stock is soaring at the moment.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Halifax have had a terrible start.

Add that to how well Barrow have started this season and it's fair to say that Pete Wild's stock is soaring at the moment.

As Joni Mitchell once said, You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone

On 8/27/2022 at 9:55 PM, yarddog73 said:

Is Pogs still there Paddy? I've not been over this season.

Yep, that's why I went to watch. Going to go again in a few weeks. Decent little setup but they've done no work on the ground for years and their fans are the strangest bunch I've ever met...

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, that's why I went to watch. Going to go again in a few weeks. Decent little setup but they've done no work on the ground for years and their fans are the strangest bunch I've ever met...

I enjoy my little jaunts over there on the train, not been this season yet though. Them toilets in the away end when we went over a few years ago were probably as bad as I've seen, normally sit in the main stand but it's not cheap to say they've been non league for so many years, for a big town you'd think they'd be better supported.

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not surprised to be fair, good player. 

All about opinions. I thought we pulled down Bolton's trousers and 4 games in I think Bolton came to the same conclusion. One goal every 5th game on average and only contributing in mid twenty games per season.

EDIT: League games.

Edited by Lags

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

All about opinions. I thought we pulled down Bolton's trousers and 4 games in I think Bolton came to the same conclusion. One goal every 5th game on average and only contributing in mid twenty games per season.

EDIT: League games.

Aye, he’s not a renowned scorer. But loads of players of his ilk have carved out careers in the EFL. 

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Tom Eaves, Hull to Rotherham on a free. Who would have thought Tom would have had the career he's had?.

Probably worth remembering footballers don't generally hit their peak until their mid twenties sometimes even later, we've written off all hosts of teenagers over recent years who done just fine, remember the shit Tarky used to get on here off some, Clarke-Harris, Afolayan, Rooney, Ladapo are just several in recent years wrote off as dog shit and now operating two or three divisions above.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Probably worth remembering footballers don't generally hit their peak until their mid twenties sometimes even later, we've written off all hosts of teenagers over recent years who done just fine, remember the shit Tarky used to get on here off some, Clarke-Harris, Afolayan, Rooney, Ladapo are just several in recent years wrote off as dog shit and now operating two or three divisions above.

Cross Rooney off your list, please.