Ex players and that

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Good article re Dean Holden in The Times today. Apparently he's still a season ticket holder at Old Trafford... Clearly a well respected man in the football world regardless of judgements here.

You can respect someone as a man (which we all do, especially considering what he went through a few years ago) whilst thinking he was an absolutely crap manager for us and part of a disastrous coaching setup under Kelly...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You can respect someone as a man (which we all do, especially considering what he went through a few years ago) whilst thinking he was an absolutely crap manager for us and part of a disastrous coaching setup under Kelly...

Yep - there's few that always say they can't believe he still gets jobs given his record with us.  It's not as if us being the exception to the rule isn't a common scenario!

Edited by Dave_Og

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep - there's few that always say they can't believe he still gets jobs given his record with us.  It's not as if us being the exception to the rule isn't a common scenario!

Well he was sacked at both Bristol and Stoke so I wouldn't say we were the exception to the rule...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well he was sacked at both Bristol and Stoke so I wouldn't say we were the exception to the rule...

Find me managers who've been around for a reasonable time that haven't been sacked.  We all  know that the short term culture in football gets shorter term with every passing season.  He was only caretaker at Stoke and won one game out of one

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Find me managers who've been around for a reasonable time that haven't been sacked.  We all  know that the short term culture in football gets shorter term with every passing season.  He was only caretaker at Stoke and won one game out of one

None of this changes the fact that we weren't the exception to the rule...

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

None of this changes the fact that we weren't the exception to the rule...

I was referring to the rule relating players/managers/tea ladies being crap for us but going n to have perfectly good careers elsewhere.  Hundreds of those!

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Stretching the definition of 'and that', Max Dickov, son of Paul, was playing for Brentford B last night alongside Romeo Beckham 

When Beckham turned up for his first match he asked what shirt number he'd be! 

The manager said wear 4 out there Romeo...

Edited by Gaz_Oafc
  • Like 9

29 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

Timmy Dieng gone from Exeter to Gillingham 

Gillingham have also signed a young player from non league called Richard Asamoah I had my eye on, it will be interesting to see how he develops.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Gillingham have also signed a young player from non league called Richard Asamoah I had my eye on, it will be interesting to see how he develops.

I feel obliged t say that this is a genuine question...  How do you keep your eye on a player at that level so far from home?

45 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Newsnow gives links on any football articles which contain the word Oldham ( including the Ref. ).

Somehow doubt that a lad playing for Waltham Abbey in the Southern Central  transferring to Gillingham would feature