Ex players and that

Just Googled him... Can't believe it was that long ago he was playing! Got his own website and lists us amongst his favourite football teams (Celtic and Barcelona being the other two).

Normally, two out three aint bad. But he can :censored: right off with that kind of attitude ✌️

Guest nonaenever

Very fond memories of Carl Valentine. Had some real pace down that left wing. Remember him tearing some Scottish team to shreds single-handedly when he came on as a sub (at half time I think) in the Anglo Scottish cup - and again, almost single-handedly beat Northwich Vics in the FA cup when we played them at Maine Road. An exciting player to watch - oh for players like that again, please.

Very fond memories of Carl Valentine. Had some real pace down that left wing. Remember him tearing some Scottish team to shreds single-handedly when he came on as a sub (at half time I think) in the Anglo Scottish cup - and again, almost single-handedly beat Northwich Vics in the FA cup when we played them at Maine Road. An exciting player to watch - oh for players like that again, please.

I particularly remember him scoring in the Rochdale Road end goal in a 3-1 win over Greenock Morton, in the Anglo Scottish Cup on a very wet Tuesday night in the late 70's.

I saw him play for Vancouver Whitecaps. It was a poor game on a dull night, in a very sparsely populated stadium. I think there were more people at the fairground next door.

Guest nonaenever

This isn't writing with the benefit of hindsight but I always thought Poleon was an exciting prospect. No idea why many got on his back so quickly as we simply never played to his strengths - mainly his speed; needed balls to run on to - he has blossomed at Wimbledon - another sorry, sorry tale from our perspective.

This isn't writing with the benefit of hindsight but I always thought Poleon was an exciting prospect. No idea why many got on his back so quickly as we simply never played to his strengths - mainly his speed; needed balls to run on to - he has blossomed at Wimbledon - another sorry, sorry tale from our perspective.

He was :censored:... massively :censored:.

Yes,not the first to score goals after leaving us!!

Poleon possessed pace, power and the ability to conjure up an impressive goal out of nothing...on the odd occasion. Way too often his play was aimless and it wasn't clear how best to use him in the team.

The sympathy I have for him is that, during an important time in his development, he had 5 managers in 2 years. It's no wonder he didn't look settled most of the time. Now that he's part of a settled squad with a manager who's been there a while it makes sense that he's doing better.

Last season was far from great but we had some players who had decent potential. This year Dummigan is the only player (who's actually ours) that I'd say falls into that category which is demoralising.

Rhys Murphy, now there's a :censored: striker (Admittedly, you can use my logic again...)

I thought Murphy looked like more of a goalscorer than Poleon did, although Poleon had more pace and footballing ability. We didn't get the most out of either sadly.

Although I'm a little biased towards Murphy as in the last Football Manager his 21 goals got me promotion in my first season (Cassidy got 18)!

I thought Murphy looked like more of a goalscorer than Poleon did, although Poleon had more pace and footballing ability. We didn't get the most out of either sadly.

Although I'm a little biased towards Murphy as in the last Football Manager his 21 goals got me promotion in my first season (Cassidy got 18)!

I did like Rhys Murphy. Thought he deserved a better run.

On the new FM on mine Jahraldo-Martin is now my best player and club captain in 3rd season.

Higdon and Fuller were responsible for the worst centre forward display of last season at Mansfield, painful to watch and both of them looked like they were running through treacle, seeing as Higdon had put on another stone or two of timber I can't see how he could do anything for us, I'd have Curtis Main back in a heartbeat, could lead the line on his own and trouble the opposition through sheer desire and physicality.