Ex players and that

Winchester has at least shown some commitment to the club by signing a

new contract..now make him team captain, the responsibility might be the making of him

He's signed because he's cheap and he won't get a better offer. I had high hopes for Winchester but let's be realistic.

i'd have taken ancient Serbo-Croat in mandarin to avoid chemistry but then anyone who remembers Sam Bell would say the same

You've just sent shivers down my spine. I broke out in a cold sweat. I've been trying to forget him for the last 55 years. Wasn't it him who had that bloody great long capillary tube that he fired chalk out of. Bloody good shot with it, too.

Edited by Bristolatic

You've just sent shivers down my spine. I broke out in a cold sweat. I've been trying to forget him for the last 55 years. Wasn't it him who had that bloody great long capillary tube that he fired chalk out of. Bloody good shot with it, too.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/paul-taylor-teacher-made-his-mark-855273

A very odd man indeed. I did quite like Batman though, Ben Counsel.

Reminiscing suggests fond memories...I put it to you that you actually embraced his eccentricity? Ps I did not go to Hulme but I recognise the species

I embraced Sam Bell...?! Yikes.

I remember once he showed a group of us a briefcase that was absolutely full of banknotes. He said that he had done well on the stock market. I also remember that he was questioned more than once about the Yorkshire Ripper case; he used to drive over from Yorkshire every day

He was one of the few that still wore it in my day and he use to walk so quickly that it would flow out behind him like a cape

You must be a bit (or a lot) younger than me, Dave. They all wore their gowns when I was there. If you think Sam was scary, it might be a bloody good job you didn't know B J McCann. Anyway, this is nowt to do with footie or Latics. Nedum Onuoha went to Hulme though. And Andy Barlow. So there's the "Ex Players And That" connection, tenuous though it may be.

You must be a bit (or a lot) younger than me, Dave. They all wore their gowns when I was there. If you think Sam was scary, it might be a bloody good job you didn't know B J McCann. Anyway, this is nowt to do with footie or Latics. Nedum Onuoha went to Hulme though. And Andy Barlow. So there's the "Ex Players And That" connection, tenuous though it may be.

Budge Mcann my Latin teacher.....I was never sure he was going to make it to the end of the lesson!

Budge Mcann my Latin teacher.....I was never sure he was going to make it to the end of the lesson!

He must have weighed about 30 stones. He could pick up one of those old iron framed desks with the seat attached and throw it with the terrified pupil still sat in it.

To give ChaddySmoker a quieter time, maybe we should start an Old Hulmeians thread all of it own.

I embraced Sam Bell...?! Yikes.

I remember once he showed a group of us a briefcase that was absolutely full of banknotes. He said that he had done well on the stock market. I also remember that he was questioned more than once about the Yorkshire Ripper case; he used to drive over from Yorkshire every day

In his little mini iirc

Then there was the physics teacher Abdul, couldn't get away with that name in these Pc times