Ex players and that

Coleman saved a Coutinho penalty last night!

Just watching the game now ( foxtel losing the premier league games means more 'real' clubs get onto telly now ) saved the penalty with both hands, very classy, and even the Liverpool tv commentators said it was a dive by the Liverpool striker Mane after Coleman closed him down well.

Coleman has made a few other good saves too - he looks very composed.

Is this the same goalkeeper who was not good enough for our first team at the start of last season? :sign0007:

Absolute rave reviews as well. He was very highly rated when he came here, the magical touch of our coaching back then seemed not to bring out the best in him.

Could be a lot of the players from the 1st half of last season who go on to do better than they looked like doing with us.

Good finish by O'Connell.

David Carney signs for Sydney FC (again)

Who? - I was surprised (stunned!) to find he play for us back in 2003, played one game in the league cup I think - I don't remember him at all.

went on to play over 40 times for Australia, had a £2.3 million bid from Anderlecht turned down while at Sheffield and played in the premier league for Blackpool.

* Australian magazine FourFourTwo named Carney as the Socceroo's Player of the Season for 2007–08 ahead of established Premiership players Tim Cahill, Harry Kewell, Lucas Neill and Mark Viduka.

We can put him down as 'one that got away' Anybody remember him at Oldham?