Ex players and that

Matt Carr (one of) was presumably one of Mossley's 3 identical tall slow and dirty center halves yesterday but don't know which. Wayne Welbeck looked decent for them up front, was on our youths apparently, as was Richard Bennett but not sure if he played.

Some guy on Twitter is going mad about an Ex Pro who has asked to be paid for a Charity Match that is being organised.

The Ex Pro in question : Roger Palmer...

I got quoted £2,000 for a celebrity to do a charity event once. Didn't bother getting back to them.

I got Alex Ferguson to do a shop opening (non-charitable) for £300 in 1997! The money went directly to a trust fund for a family member.

I went to watch Vancouver Whitecaps when Valentine was playing. It was a night match ans was probably the worst game I've ever seen, I cant remember who they played but it was awful. I think there were more people on the adjoining fairground than in the stadium.

I enjoyed that read - thanks for the link

"The first day I arrived in Vancouver was February, not the 14th, Valentine’s Day, but it was February. I was living with Bruce Grobbelaar, a South African, a white South African, who had just finished a two year stint in the Rhodesian Army (which is Zimbabwe now) chasing blacks."

I had forgotten he played for Canada in the world cup as well

Great player