Ex players and that

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A verbal agreement was, but they have gone back on it since we decided to not pay fees that we owed them...

Not saying that I think we will sign Doyle, in fact I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance...HOWEVER, had we really naffed Preston off regarding not paying fees for players surely they wouldn’t accept playing us in a friendly? They wouldn’t go near us and it’s hardly like they have a shortage of teams to play in the Lancashire area

Conor Ripley hinting he has a few offers.
Rumours of Bristol City and Bradford interest, withBristol city h might be loaned out again.

Seems unlikely, but being benched at Burton and even bury will not have helped him.

Obviously, our Conor Ripley would be a no brainer, but since..? Not so sure, but maybe as aconfidence restorer? A step back to go a step further?

16 minutes ago, singe said:

Conor Ripley hinting he has a few offers.
Rumours of Bristol City and Bradford interest, withBristol city h might be loaned out again.

Seems unlikely, but being benched at Burton and even bury will not have helped him.

Obviously, our Conor Ripley would be a no brainer, but since..? Not so sure, but maybe as aconfidence restorer? A step back to go a step further?

Paper today says Sheridan wants him at Carlisle...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Paper today says Sheridan wants him at Carlisle...

If he is to go to a League 2 club and he ends up at Carlisle it will be a traversty, AL bringing in that clown instead of letting Sheridan bring his own keeper in played a huge part in how our season eventually panned out.

18 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If he is to go to a League 2 club and he ends up at Carlisle it will be a traversty, AL bringing in that clown instead of letting Sheridan bring his own keeper in played a huge part in how our season eventually panned out.

Sheridan pinning all his hopes on a player who was clearly going to a championship club was the balls up! Him and anyone else who thought Ripley was coming back here at the time was deluded 

6 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Sheridan pinning all his hopes on a player who was clearly going to a championship club was the balls up! Him and anyone else who thought Ripley was coming back here at the time was deluded 

Hindsight is great. He ended up on the bench at the smallest club in the division. With the season he'd just had with us, it must have been close.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Hindsight is great. He ended up on the bench at the smallest club in the division. With the season he'd just had with us, it must have been close.

He finished on the bench of the smallest club in the division he started it in the division above (x2 now) - Sheridan was completely blind to the fact he would have Championship options and would therefore take them - that's not hindsight it's downright stupidity especially when his back up was bleeding Ruddy!

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I'd give you that if it was true but its not, Ripley was at the club all set to sign when the deal was vetoed by AL because he wanted his own man between the sticks, we were Ripleys preferred destination and the only club he was interested in signing for, he ended up at Burton when we ended our interest.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd give you that if it was true but its not, Ripley was at the club all set to sign when the deal was vetoed by AL because he wanted his own man between the sticks, we were Ripleys preferred destination and the only club he was interested in signing for, he ended up at Burton when we ended our interest.

Hopefully AL realises his mistake then and Rhodes can convince him to bring in a decent keeper.  It could well be Cameron Dawson from Wednesday rather than Connor Ripley from Boro.

40 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He finished on the bench of the smallest club in the division he started it in the division above (x2 now) - Sheridan was completely blind to the fact he would have Championship options and would therefore take them - that's not hindsight it's downright stupidity especially when his back up was bleeding Ruddy!

I meant he started it on the bench at the smallest club in the Championship. Went downhill from there.

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Hopefully AL realises his mistake then and Rhodes can convince him to bring in a decent keeper.  It could well be Cameron Dawson from Wednesday rather than Connor Ripley from Boro.

Dawson is a far better keeper than Ripley who lost his way at Bury

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

and ended it on the bench at the worst club in League 1

That’s why we could get a better keeper than Ripley. To be honest I hope he goes to Carlisle and ships a load of goals like he did at Bury. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Dawson is a far better keeper than Ripley who lost his way at Bury

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

That’s why we could get a better keeper than Ripley. To be honest I hope he goes to Carlisle and ships a load of goals like he did at Bury. 

You talk some shite at the best of times but I think these nuggets top the lot :applause1:

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You talk some shite at the best of times but I think these nuggets top the lot :applause1:

It’s not shit it’s fact but because a certain keeper had a great season for us the season before last does not mean he’s up to the mark now after a bad season with Burton and Bury. Also Dawson is a brilliant keeper. If you don’t believe me ask Sheffield Wednesday fans and Rhodes. However you like a lot of other supporters Bury your head in the sand. It’s my opinion on who I would rather have playing for us. I don’t fancy a keeper who has lost his confidence . Yes Mr Ripley was outstanding when he last played for us but he’s not the same player since he left us. That’s true fact so if you don’t believe me so be it. 

13 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

It’s not shit it’s fact but because a certain keeper had a great season for us the season before last does not mean he’s up to the mark now after a bad season with Burton and Bury. Also Dawson is a brilliant keeper. If you don’t believe me ask Sheffield Wednesday fans and Rhodes. However you like a lot of other supporters Bury your head in the sand. It’s my opinion on who I would rather have playing for us. I don’t fancy a keeper who has lost his confidence . Yes Mr Ripley was outstanding when he last played for us but he’s not the same player since he left us. That’s true fact so if you don’t believe me so be it. 

Does "true fact" make it FACT?

14 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 24/06/2018 at 11:21 AM, yarddog73 said:

For this to have how it ended up it would mean Burton would have had to only become interested once our attention switched to Placide. 

At best, that seems unlikely. 

28 minutes ago, singe said:

For this to have how it ended up it would mean Burton would have had to only become interested once our attention switched to Placide. 

At best, that seems unlikely. 

That’s not how it reads. Burton wanted him, we wanted him. We were his first choice, AL (allegedly) pulled the plug so he went to his second choice, the still interested Burton.