Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

Davies, Stubbs, Seedorf, Scholes

Guess what? Oldham go for the cheap option again and appoint Richie Wellens to his first mangerial job. Dunn, Dickov, Kelly, Robinson .... do we ever learn?

Bore off ffs. Played better football with him in charge than we have since Sheridan came here.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Our results by League table. Whilst Richie Wellens form has been majestic, and it is unquestionably the right decicsion, Shez did have a relatively tough start.

DMa27sNXkAAdUwo.jpg

Still amazes me how difficult our start has been! Not played 9 of the bottom 10 yet! Just hope they don't improve by the time we play them!

1 minute ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Bore off ffs. Played better football with him in charge than we have since Sheridan came here.

The club never learns, why don't you bore off. Look what happened with Dunn and Robinson .... No Sheridan to save us this season either ....

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Guess what? Oldham go for the cheap option again and appoint Richie Wellens to his first mangerial job. Dunn, Dickov, Kelly, Robinson .... do we ever learn?

Why have people downboated this so much? Is it not true?

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Even if you're being heavily ironic that post still deserves a downboat!!

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

Even if you're being heavily ironic that post still deserves a downboat!!

Well it was a joke but obviously some people on here can't handle it.

Plus the content is true. Not so much the cheap option but the amount of first time managers we've appointed in the last 8 years that haven't worked .... Moore, Talbot & Sheridan on the other hand ....

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

Well it was a joke but obviously some people on here can't handle it.

Plus the content is true. Not so much the cheap option but the amount of first time managers we've appointed in the last 8 years that haven't worked .... Moore, Talbot & Sheridan on the other hand ....

Frizzell, Royle

Quiet down now please

16 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Bobbins reporters asking the questions - did the new investor have an input into your appointment etc etc - ask some decent questions.

To be fair, that is a very important one, and great news if he did!

Edited by singe

Great to have it finally confirmed. The best thing for me is that he has got us playing genuinely exciting football for the first time in ages.

As someone else mentioned, I thought Moisley got off lightly at the press conference. I was expecting one of the journalists to ask a question about whether or not Abdallah had a say in the appointment.

Did anybody else hear Wellens make a comment about "big Al and his camel", right at the start as they were sitting down?

1 minute ago, bozman said:

Great to have it finally confirmed. The best thing for me is that he has got us playing genuinely exciting football for the first time in ages.

As someone else mentioned, I thought Moisley got off lightly at the press conference. I was expecting one of the journalists to ask a question about whether or not Abdallah had a say in the appointment.

Did anybody else hear Wellens make a comment about "big Al and his camel", right at the start as they were sitting down?

If he did, it'll still be on the video which is still available on facebook

4 minutes ago, bozman said:

You wolly its Big Al and his camera in reference to Alan Howarth. Haha.

25 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Reluctantly leaving Lee Johnson out there. We couldnt even pay the players last week, and you expect Seedorf to become gaffer :blink:

6 minutes ago, bozman said:

it was mark and he said  "you need to sit there, big al has his camera lined up"

Just now, youngen said:

Reluctantly leaving Lee Johnson out there. We couldnt even pay the players last week, and you expect Seedorf to become gaffer :blink:

I didn't want Seedorf FWIW. Johnson has hardly dug up trees. Nearly took Bristol City down last season ffs!

RW appointed think the consensus are happy and with the style of football being played so far under RW.

What are peoples expectations for the season now taking into account the loan  players that have been pivotal to the recent revival & also the uncertainty surrounding investment/takeover?

A key appointment is the number 2 chosen the real test comes now after RW said himself he cannot continue at that pace or he would burn out, crucial the number 2 helps to carry the momentum going forward so the sooner he is appointed the better. 

56 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Talking of stats - assuming we have a new manager soon, how many managers have we had since we dropped into this division?

Warnock 97-98

Ritchie May 97 - October 2001

Duxbury, Shez, Eyres 2001 (C) Oct/Nov ‘01

Wadsworth Nov ‘01 - May ‘02

Dowie May ‘02 - Dec ‘03

Shez/Eyres Dec ‘03 - March ‘04 (C)

Talbot March ‘04 - Feb ‘05

Philliskirk (C) Feb ‘05

Moore March ‘05 - June ‘06

Shez June ‘06 - March ‘09

Royle March ‘09 - May ‘09

Penney May ‘09 - April ‘10

Gray May ‘09 (C)

Dickov June ‘10 - February ‘13

Philliskirk February ‘13 - March ‘13

Johnson March ‘13 - February ‘15

Holden ‘March ‘15 - May ‘15

Kelly May ‘15 - Sept ‘15

Dunn Sept ‘15 - January ‘16

Sheridan Jan ‘15 - May ‘15

Robinson July ‘16 - Jan ‘17

Sheridan Jan ‘17 - Sept ‘17

Wellens (C) Sept ‘17 - Oct ‘17

Wellens Oct ‘17 - 

Only SEVEN lasted at least a calendar year!

only SIX have lasted for a FULL 46 game League season or more!

madness!!!

Edited by oafcprozac

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

And yet you wouldn't concede he was being hand-tied in August  :chubb:

Don't talk crap he was not hand tied. Could have played Placide from the first game of the season. He could have dropped Gerrard and but Bryan in his place. He was allowed to go and get three players that have made a big difference . He could have given the team confidence instead of knocking the confidence out of them by yelling at them. Get real you just cannot admit that he was doing a bad job. 

8 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

RW appointed think the consensus are happy and with the style of football being played so far under RW.

What are peoples expectations for the season now taking into account the loan  players that have been pivotal to the recent revival & also the uncertainty surrounding investment/takeover?

A key appointment is the number 2 chosen the real test comes now after RW said himself he cannot continue at that pace or he would burn out, crucial the number 2 helps to carry the momentum going forward so the sooner he is appointed the better. 

Expectations?  one game at a time and constantly looking up the table not down - that’ll do for me.

if we continue to play in the manner we currently are - high energy pressing, getting the ball forward quickly and taking the game to the opposition then who knows!?

I said last night that didn’t feel like 3rd v 17th it had the feeling of a top of the table clash.

we didn’t look out of place...