Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

You think he should have surrounded himself with the fucking dross at Latics and played for us, instead of going back to United and running the show, despite his age, on the way to winning the Premier League title?

Nah, you've lost me there.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. He's won all he needed to...another Premier League title to go with the others over playing for his "boyhood club" that's close to bankruptcy and in dire need of a boost on and off the field? I think he chose wrong. You don't.

25 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone. He's won all he needed to...another Premier League title to go with the others over playing for his "boyhood club" that's close to bankruptcy and in dire need of a boost on and off the field? I think he chose wrong. You don't.

To call Scholes a token fan is jiust plain wrong.  Of course he's not a fan in the way that a lifetime season ticket holder is, after all he's been quite busy on most Saturdays for sometime now.  He clearly holds a keen interest but being a fan doens't mean that he has tosacrifice his career/wealth/sanity for the cause.  Pretty much every fan of whatever sort could put more into the club if they chose to do so but it doesn't mean they have to

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Still a risk, but on merit there's no way he shouldn't get the job.

Keep up the good work Richie!  And whoever the owners are, please give him as much time as possible.

Agreed. I wouldn't have considered him when Sheridan left but the evidence is incontrovertible. We are entertaining, making chances and scoring goals and there is a real commitment in the side. He has made some key selection decisions and has shown he can change tactics mid game and make appropriate substitutions. If he gets it we'll probably lose Saturday but he deserves the chance.

Wellens will definitely get time from us fans if things go wrong, but it's still a difficult situation.  I'm sure that the the people in charge would've had someone lined up and I think they'll still be waiting in the wings even now.

Hopefully that spurs Wellens onto even greater things than already.  Best of luck to him.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh