• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25 October 2017 at 10:06 AM, astottie said:

Now 3 points ahead after Bury.

still 2 points to the good after scunny

On 20 October 2017 at 0:03 AM, astottie said:

Before every season I set down how many points we should require for the play offs and then make a suggestion as to how we might get them. I know too much time on my hands and I've normally lost interest by now.This year I went for 72 points as I thought the league is more even than last year. To get to that total I went for 20 wins 12 draws and  14 losses. I then had a punt at how that might look against the teams we had to play, and ended up with

no points ( I.e. Lose home and away) - Wigan, Blackburn

one point  ( I.e. Draw home lose away) -Bradford, Peterborough, Scunthorpe , bury

three points - Rotherham, Charlton, Oxford,Portsmouth,Southend, Walsall

four points - Blackpool ,Fleetwood, Bristol R,MKD, Wimbledon, Rochdale , Plymouth 

six points- Northampton,Gillingham, Shrewsbury 

obviously my my assessment of bury and Shrewsbury has gone awry but if you look at how I've specced it out we are currently one point ahead of where we need to be to get 72 points. Happy days?

Still a point ahead after MKD

On 1 November 2017 at 8:53 AM, astottie said:

20 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I like this.... could be even better though.... aren't you missing Doncaster?

I am yes, apologies. Good spot. I did include them in my original calculations though so it makes no difference to our current position. I have them down for 4 points.

On 20 October 2017 at 0:03 AM, astottie said:

Before every season I set down how many points we should require for the play offs and then make a suggestion as to how we might get them. I know too much time on my hands and I've normally lost interest by now.This year I went for 72 points as I thought the league is more even than last year. To get to that total I went for 20 wins 12 draws and  14 losses. I then had a punt at how that might look against the teams we had to play, and ended up with

one point  ( I.e. Draw home lose away) -Bradford, Peterborough, Scunthorpe , bury

four points - Blackpool ,Fleetwood, Bristol R,MKD, Wimbledon, Rochdale , Plymouth, Doncaster

obviously my my assessment of bury and Shrewsbury has gone awry but if you look at how I've specced it out we are currently one point ahead of where we need to be to get 72 points. Happy days?

With doncaster added

2 points ahead after scunny. Southend is a bonus game as predicted nul points.

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

West Ham have had fewer managers in their history than we have had in our current stay in this division

Crikey.

Although if you'd said the last 10 years I would not have been surprised.

Edited by singe

• 2 weeks later...
On 20 October 2017 at 12:03 AM, astottie said:

four points - Blackpool ,Fleetwood, Bristol R,MKD, Wimbledon, Rochdale , Plymouth, Doncaster

Still a point up after Rochdale 

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

On a lighthearted note, 

Anyone else notice how Wellens seems to be allergic to pre and post match interviews? 

He’s more Itchy Wellens, going on how much scratching he does when the ifollow camera is rolling... 

I've been meaning to make a thread on this  - about getting the BP sprayed for bugs because all the players do it, however RW is bar far the worst.

Edited by Stagger Lee
spullingg