Thanks John

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

The performances at Fleetwood and Bristol said we would. The Rotherham game was 1-1 for the majority. Sadly he was forced out for Correa.

If we go up this year, it's down to him. Byrne, Bryan, Doyle all Sheridan's signings. What a team. What a man.

Wow. Ha. 

23 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

The performances at Fleetwood and Bristol said we would. The Rotherham game was 1-1 for the majority. Sadly he was forced out for Correa.

If we go up this year, it's down to him. Byrne, Bryan, Doyle all Sheridan's signings. What a team. What a man.

Byrne was first approached by Richie so not sure it was his signing i mean he might have taken the glory for it but the little pisshead did that allot 

2 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Byrne was first approached by Richie so not sure it was his signing i mean he might have taken the glory for it but the little pisshead did that allot 

Don't take this as personal abuse but you are a most obnoxious specimen. 

On 04/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, oafcshuck said:

Get out of Sheridan's arse ffs. He lost interest in the job. If he would of stayed guaranteed we would of been in a relegation battle all year long.

My memories of John Sheridan...

Single handedly (seemingly) keeping us up in some of the really dark years under Ritchie - I seem to recall at Wigan away at the old Springfield Park he took a high ball out of the skies on his back/neck and rolled it to the ground before paying off a pass.

With no really functioning knees - his ability to read a game and make a killer pass were streets ahead of almost anyone else in League One.

As a manager took over after the tedious Mr Moore IIRC and had us playing some truly wonderful football - after struggling to see the team string more than 4 passes together the previous season, under Sheridan we started to look like a team.

At the time not realising, but Sheridans top half and Play-off seasons would be the best we would see for a decade - and it was the last time we genuinely competed.  He managed a very respectable 40% win ratio.

Helping us upset Everton in the FA Cup at Goodison and be THE cup upset of the 3rd Round.

The back to back Shezurections - to do it once is impressive, but twice is unbelievable.  On both seasons he seemingly took a quick look at the team, added a couple of loans that nobody was impressed with when they were announced, and transformed the results.  A personal highlight will always be the Chesterfield away game - immense!  The performances were never that great, and we ground on results on a crappy pitch - but the turnaround was immense.

On the flip side his reputation as a drinker let to concerns over his man management style, finally culminating with the infamous dogs incident.  Also, I know that some liked them, but always felt he came across poorly in interviews and press conferences - also most disinterested, lacking eloquence, and at times downright miserable.  Very old school perhaps.  The level of abuse he gave out to the officials whilst at Notts County was not great.

Finally, I think this season just wasn’t working out but I wish him well wherever he goes next.

Byrne was not a Shez signing it was a Wellens recommended signing. Neither was Placide. So much so he was convinced that Placide had no part in his team. Placide will be a great star for Oldham Athletic. You cannot compare him to Ruddy or Wilson except it's a man with experience against young kids. So please all these people who are saying it's Shez team it's not. Also Wellens is playing players in their favourite positions, for example Bryan. This means they are more comfortable and relaxed playing their football and it shows. Yes we have a lot to thank Shez for over the years but football is a cut throat business. I seriously think he had lots of personal issues that we don't know about and a few things have been posted on here about his liking for drink especially over the last few weeks. If he has a drinking problem then there has to be reasons for it and this compounded with other problems meant that he lost focus. Thanks Shez for all you did as a player and manager, however I really think we have to move on now and support Richie Wellens. He's the manager in charge. Forget Shez and for god sake move on. 

I was not slating him read it again I thanked him. However I seriously think he needs medical help at the moment and that is not slating him. Yes I hope he comes back when he's got his head together. He had lost respect in the dressing room and playing players out of position and goal keepers that are crap when he had a top goal keeper on his board is damn right negligent. It's like a doctor deciding to let his receptionist treat you rather than himself. 

Edited by Smiler13
Extra word not needed

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I thought this was thanking john not slating him? The penalty against Sheffield Wednesday along with thousands of other glorious memories. Hope he will be back one day!

I forgot that - probably his single biggest contribution to our history.

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Byrne was not a Shez signing it was a Wellens recommended signing. Neither was Placide. So much so he was convinced that Placide had no part in his team. Placide will be a great star for Oldham Athletic. You cannot compare him to Ruddy or Wilson except it's a man with experience against young kids. So please all these people who are saying it's Shez team it's not. Also Wellens is playing players in their favourite positions, for example Bryan. This means they are more comfortable and relaxed playing their football and it shows. Yes we have a lot to thank Shez for over the years but football is a cut throat business. I seriously think he had lots of personal issues that we don't know about and a few things have been posted on here about his liking for drink especially over the last few weeks. If he has a drinking problem then there has to be reasons for it and this compounded with other problems meant that he lost focus. Thanks Shez for all you did as a player and manager, however I really think we have to move on now and support Richie Wellens. He's the manager in charge. Forget Shez and for god sake move on. 

And a lot of talent. And a great temperament. And a tendency to entertain, which makes a change. 

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Why?

He likes a drink and has never pretended otherwise. 

I'm one of many of us on here who likes a drink to a similar extent as Shez and I don't have any personal issues (not in my own opinion anyway :grin:).

I've seen him pissed on several occasions and there's never been a problem.

I've read, & been told, loads about him being pissed on many other occasions but never that it caused a problem.

Even the dogs incident wasn't his fault if I remember rightly.  

Your post is a bit baseless to jump to such a serious conclusion about somebody.

Not to mention to be so judgemental & disrespectful.

Seeing as you started it though I'll join in and say I reckon you need to get out more. 

Edited by HarryBosch

8 hours ago, Wardie said:

It is what he does next that will tell us more than we already think we know.
Great man, great player. I wish him well wherever and whatever he decides to do.

I have a funny feeling he will end up at Salford in the next year or two.

Masses to thank Shez for over the years. If we had been relegated to L2 who knows where the club would be today and if we would even have a club! 

However after supporting for over 40 years,  the past 20 or so have been pretty tedious so change was necessary just to break the monotony of it all. Fresh eyes and all that. 

Who knows where it will all lead but hey it's more interesting now than for a good while and Shez had reached his potential with us I think.

With his recent record with us guaranteed hell pop up somewhere in January with a team in the bottom few of L1 or L2

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Some of the comments on here regarding Sheridan are an utter disgrace.  They sum up the modern culture of hero or zero with nothing in between that is so damagimng to rational debate in a civilied society.

It's only from the newly formed bummers brigade really. They got each other's backs covered , and I think we know what they've covered it in ! 

Im sure the genuine (non trolling) supporters are in appreciation of what Shez has done for the club.