Pompey Away

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Think I'm getting a bit giddy here but have just put a tenner each on Latics for top 6 at 80:1 and top half at 12:1 with sky bet. Good odds surely or am I way off the mark.

he who dares Rodders :D

12/1 top half is decent bet

Edited by Downender
beer

1 hour ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Think I'm getting a bit giddy here but have just put a tenner each on Latics for top 6 at 80:1 and top half at 12:1 with sky bet. Good odds surely or am I way off the mark.

I've been quietly backing us since the start of the season mainly using the bookies money, with the group of players we've got I figured long term it would hopefully come right. Opened several accounts where they give you free bets for opening the account and have backed us at odds of between 50 and 75/1 to finish in the top 6 using the free bets the bookies gave me. Stand to win just short of 6 grand if we finish top 6 for a personal outlay of next to nothing. I've not deposited anything else since then and the bookies are trying to lure me in with more free bets, Paddy Power e mailed me Monday giving me a £10 free bet to be used within 48 hours, put it on us to win Tuesday then put those winnings on us not to lose yesterday. Might see if they do a bet on us to finish top half and lump part of it on that. ;-)

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Bit off-topic, but is the shirt tangerine or old gold? Looks a bit Wolves-ish to me.

Anyway, it is a great kit and a good photo.

It's Torangerine! :D
Whatever colour it is, I love it and wish they played in it at home.

38 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

A brilliant performance and an away trip that will loom large in the memory, captured in some pictures with descriptions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157689009401176

Great pics. The bloke in the white polo shirt (old guy) was a serious nutter, an old member of the 6:57 firm perhaps?! He spent the entire second half trying to pick out individual Latina fans for a chat outside!.....he was especially keen to meet young George ?

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Great pics. The bloke in the white polo shirt (old guy) was a serious nutter, an old member of the 6:57 firm perhaps?! He spent the entire second half trying to pick out individual Latina fans for a chat outside!.....he was especially keen to meet young George ?

It's difficult to take a "hard man" in flip flops seriously.

31 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

......and remarkably he was unable to find any Latinas amongst the Latics fans ??

14 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

I had £20 on top 6 after Fleetwood at 50s. That's when I realised these new lads really are the shit, and we've got every chance of being right up there. Top half at 12/1 is ridiculous when players like Doyle, Byrne, Placide, Clarke would walk into most sides in the league...

Mrs S and I wanted to stay at the end to acclaim the performance of the players, but it became apparent that there could be a problem with some of the home fans. So, on the basis of discretion being the better part of valour, we left about five minutes into stoppage time and walked past  some Pompey fans looking for trouble at the end of the passageway leading from the away end. After waiting for about ten minutes for the bus back to our hotel, a police car and van, with blue lights flashing, went down the road leading to where we'd seen those home fans.

The traveling supporters have been praised by Wellens and Moisley.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/02102017-fans-praised-following-portsmouth-fixture/

Oldham Athletic AFC‏Verified account @OfficialOAFC 59m59 minutes ago

.@gmpolice have requested video footage from #oafc fans at Portsmouth on Saturday to send to them directly to help with investigations.

54m54 minutes ago

Replying to @OfficialOAFC @gmpolice

Supporters with video footage should send it to Helen.Keogh@gmp.police.uk. #oafc