Milton Keynes FC (a)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No I wasn't what did he do?

Stood on the seats on his own giving the w*nker signs to what looked like the family section.

You might say it happens at all clubs but I want to go into a pub and hear Oldham fans being talked of as a good bunch!!!

4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

You didn't need to add "occasional" to describe him!!!

I don't mind the lad to be honest, from afar anyway. As far as I'm concerned if he wants to get his bare chest out and gesticulate to a stand full of empty seats then that's his business, he pays his brass. He'll soon get fed up of being man handled out of grounds. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

You don't think entertainment has any place in football?

To an extent yes but I tend to be entertained most by my team winning or atleast winning as many games as possible. 

I do feel slightly dissapointed that we didnt close that one out yesterday.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Stood on the seats on his own giving the w*nker signs to what looked like the family section.

You might say it happens at all clubs but I want to go into a pub and hear Oldham fans being talked of as a good bunch!!!

Ok thats abit stupid granted but Ive seen and heard worse from football fans at football grounds both amongst our own and from other teams. 

As monty says he seems alright from afar, from my own observings of him at home games. Hes abit boistourous but seems harmless enough I wouldn't classify him as an embarrasment.

I've not watched the video (but I was at MK as I live 12 miles away) and I wasn't at Portsmouth but I have to agree with the last couple of comments.

We wouldn't condone behaviour from the opposition so why do we accept it when it comes from one of ours.

This is our team.....our club.......I want to see us welcome everywhere........look at websites that inform away fans of our club, every pub is welcoming to away fans.

That means something to me.............I have a 260 mile round trip for home matches and I enjoy talking to away fans in the Clayton as do many other fans.

As "DEyres42" says......Topsoff likes the attention and that statement leaves me to believe that our club is of secondary importance.

54 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I've not watched the video (but I was at MK as I live 12 miles away) and I wasn't at Portsmouth but I have to agree with the last couple of comments.

We wouldn't condone behaviour from the opposition so why do we accept it when it comes from one of ours.

This is our team.....our club.......I want to see us welcome everywhere........look at websites that inform away fans of our club, every pub is welcoming to away fans.

That means something to me.............I have a 260 mile round trip for home matches and I enjoy talking to away fans in the Clayton as do many other fans.

As "DEyres42" says......Topsoff likes the attention and that statement leaves me to believe that our club is of secondary importance.

He's annoying, what is the point of him? Put your top on sit down and grow up. How old is he 16? Does he "record" count of attending all games if he got kicked out?

54 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Time for someone to have a quiet word with the lad and advise him to tone down his antics, I personally do not know the lad, but assume he must be known to some? He must be no more than 17 or 18 - Maybe even one of the senior players to have a quick chat. 

4 hours ago, yarddogs said:

It’s been coming for weeks now with Topsoff he caused the fracas at Portsmouth and I have no sympathy for his antics yesterday he’s going to come a cropper with away fans soon and the stewards won’t be there to protect him.

This

he pretty much caused the trouble at Pompey.....most Pompey fans were really impressed by our support and noise (and our team) but every one of them I spoke to wanted to personally slap young George. It's not the first time, Gillingham fans will be looking out for him after he pissed them off and caused a minor punch up a couple of seasons ago

yesterday the stewards warned him a couple of times but he carried on so they pretty much had no choice

as others have said, someone needs to talk some sense into him.....his dedication and support is fantastic but ne needs to focus on supporting us not pissing off the opposition fans. Portsmouth could have ended up being quite nasty and frankly it would have mostly been Topoff that provoked it.

On 21/10/2017 at 7:17 PM, Magister said:

Just seen goals on TV.....does anybody else think our keeper should have done better with a couple of their goals?

Yes, thought the same at the match yesterday....I feel he goes down too quickly rather than the Schmichael trick of staying big....presume that's something he and the coaches can review and work on

having said that, every time a high ball comes in I am confident he will catch it and immediately set an attack going 

overall, love the guy ?

10 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Yes, thought the same at the match yesterday....I feel he goes down too quickly rather than the Schmichael trick of staying big....presume that's something he and the coaches can review and work on

having said that, every time a high ball comes in I am confident he will catch it and immediately set an attack going 

overall, love the guy ?

Absolutely agree 100%

16 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You don't think entertainment has any place in football?

It's not just the entertainment, which is of course very important and very welcome.  It's also the vision and progress towards that in such a short time. That first goal was real "total football" style play. Richie just needs a bit more time to increase the % success and reduce the mistakes / panic. I'm sure he'll do that as confidence, belief and togetherness is obviously what he's pushing primarily in his "football philosophy" (!). So we have wonderful things to look forward to. Like others, I wonder how we will do on a muddy pitch in January / February, so not 100% confident of playoff place, but delighted with the "direction of travel". 

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

To an extent yes but I tend to be entertained most by my team winning or atleast winning as many games as possible. 

I do feel slightly dissapointed that we didnt close that one out yesterday.

Frustrating as it obviously was to come away wthout the victory anyone who walked out of thagt ground on Saturday whose primary emotion wasn't along the lines of exhilaration probably, to use the currently favoured OWTB aphorism, doesn't like football..

23 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If its 0-0 or 4-4 you still only get 1 point football is about winning.

Agreed; football is about winning. However, neither team deserved to lose and that is testament to the entertainment that both provided. We scored 4 and yet Chuks away chucked away 4 opportunities of his own. 3 of which he could and probably should have done better with. Fane ran out of options for their first, Upsons free kick was beautifully executed and Nesbitts goal followed a stumble by Dummiganmingtonmingham. Incidentally, that is the second time that he has got caught under his own feet whilst on his own in as many games. He inexplicably did it at Bradford on the wing. The only goal where we really switched off and panicked was their second equaliser. Home team momentum created that. Credit where credit is due.

6 games unbeaten under Richie and thoroughly entertained. I will take that all day.

The king is dead. Long live the king.