Blackburn

Just now, kowenicki said:

There are different kinds of footballers. Fane is good at a couple of aspects. Banks is good at none.

Fane is better at tackling, plus he can run and jump. That makes him an athlete who can occasionally tackle

Banks can shoot and pass, that makes him a better footballer.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If you think Fane is a better footballer than Banks you need to stop watching football and start watching Athletics as you don't like football.

He wins the ball for the likes of Byrne to do something with it. I'm still not sure what Banks is for. No bile or malice, he just simply isn't good enough for this level and shows no signs of improvement. 

I wish every game was like that today. Good football, great atmosphere, and that was before the winner! 

Its been long time since I’ve watched someone like Byrne in our side. Absolutely ran the show. All the lads put a shift in. The only slight issue for me Gervaro- gets in in some great positions, but his final ball today was poor. Hopefully he’ll improve. 

Wellens must be nailed on for the job, it’s not just the results, but even at 0-0 I really enjoyed the game. We move the ball quickly, and we play at a high tempo. It’s good to watch. 

Eieieio!!! ?

Just now, LaticsPete said:

And I even laughed as I went past a Blackburn fan coming out of the ground who was saying to his friend "We should have easily beaten that shit"

keep deluding yourself ?

Big club innit....they dont think they should be in this league, and that we only have sunday league players. HAVE IT!!

2 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

And I even laughed as I went past a Blackburn fan coming out of the ground who was saying to his friend "We should have easily beaten that shit"

keep deluding yourself ?

Reading their forum they've properly got the billy big bollocks syndrome.  This is an easy league they should be pissing and steam rolling teams like us.

they should educate themselves that bigger clubs than them such as Leeds, Sheff Utd, Wednesday and Forest all had a good few years in this "easy league" following their falls from grace 

20 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Fane is better at tackling, plus he can run and jump. That makes him an athlete who can occasionally tackle

Banks may well be able to pass and shoot....where your argument falters is Banks's slow thought process.

I reckon my passing and shooting skills are just as good as Banks when I have 20 yards of free space around me and therein lies the problem with Banks...no awareness of the game around him.

Give me Fane every day ahead of Banks.

Edited by mikejh45

Blackburn were okay. Might end up winning promotion, but they'll have to play better than that.

Every 2 or 3 years a team comes along in this division who are too good and we have no chance of beating them. Southampton, Wolves and the like. Blackburn aren't of that class, which their fans will have to accept.

All our players deserve to feel very good about how they played today, everyone contributed. Dummigan looked in trouble against Conway, but after his booking was near faultless. Super stuff from front to back.

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He can!?  Consistently?  Perhaps one or two passes a match and one shot every two or three games. He isn’t good enough. Wellens clearly agrees with me, not you. 

First game I've been to this season.

Thought we were lacking a cutting edge in the final third, Nemuwhateverhisnameis crossing was off point today and swapping him with Menig was a brilliant sub, he brought a creative spark we were lacking for the last 15 minutes and although his first few attempts didn't come off, his ideas were good. And he took his goal really well. 

Byrne was tireless and sprays the ball around majestically. 

Davies' hold up play impressed me and him and Doyle linked up really well. Doyle ran himself into the ground and although he didn't really get a chance to score his quality showed easily.

Blackburn were pretty poor. They contained us okay, but rarely mustered a threatening attack.

MOTM for me is Menig. He was the difference between 3 points and 1. 

Overall, colour me impressed. 

4 wins out of 4. I really hope we don't fuck it up by not appointing Wellens. It'd be just our luck.

15 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Reading their forum they've properly got the billy big bollocks syndrome.  This is an easy league they should be pissing and steam rolling teams like us.

they should educate themselves that bigger clubs than them such as Leeds, Sheff Utd, Wednesday and Forest all had a good few years in this "easy league" following their falls from grace 

In saying that always nice to see the sensible ones - first few sentences had me grinning like a Cheshire Cat. How long have I wanted that description be applied to a Latics side??

IMG_9083.PNG

21 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Misses the point completely.

Think the point is that Fane is playing and Banks isn't. Since Fane came in we've been miles better. Fane is better for the team than Banks.

Banks can pick a pass sometimes when he's in loads of space. He does what he's supposed to do very few times in a game.

Fane does his job 95% of the time and does it well.

Completely different players. Give me Fane all day long 

6 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Byrne is unbelievable on the ball, ran the show! However for me MOM has to be Dan Gardner, the pressing and effort he put into that game was just ridiculous! Every man was fantastic. Up the blues

Byrne was man of the match by a long long way.

One of the most enjoyable North Stand vs away fans days I’ve had since being in there today. Once they started the “Oldhams a shithole, I wanna go home” we gave it right back to them. So wanted that goal to ram it down their throats and then up pops Menig. Brilliant finish. And the touch by Davies to slip Menig in was sublime. 

Other than Dummigan who I thought was average and Doyle who did ok but I thought struggled with the physicality of the game at times, the rest were utterly outstanding. Probably Fanes best ever game. Byrne is just sheer class. Totally unplayable today. Gardener was everywhere. Clarke and Bryan getting a very good understanding going now. And playing a flat back 4 suited us. Brilliant tactics to switch from the 3 at the back that we had played in previous games. Wellens is proving to be a manager that will switch his formation based on the side we are facing. I like that.  

Great win! First Latics manager ever to win their first 4 games. Give the lad the job for goodness sakes!