Blackburn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest watching on iFollow I thought it was nailed on for Blackburn to nick it at the end. I thought we'd played well and were the only team trying to win, so we'd blow it in typical Latics fashion. Fantastic win and well deserved. Blackburn defended well but we kept at it all match. 

I'm surprised people on here don't like Fane. OK he can't pass a ball more than 5 yards, but he doesn't need to he breaks up the play and gives it to the more creative players. And he can still run around after 90 minutes. Looks a very good prospect to me. 

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Pretty sure your new incarnation is even less pleasant than your former one.

Andi was referring to the tackle he took when getting flattened i have no idea how it has offended you to reply in such a manner anyway what a great fucking win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Oh Heck C-Beck said:

I'm surprised people on here don't like Fane. OK he can't pass a ball more than 5 yards, but he doesn't need to he breaks up the play and gives it to the more creative players. And he can still run around after 90 minutes. Looks a very good prospect to me. 

Fane plays better with more game time, previously when he has a 10-minute cameo he reminds me of a headless chook. Games like today shows me there is a player, a fast and very fit one, that is worth persevering with.

7 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Fane plays better with more game time, previously when he has a 10-minute cameo he reminds me of a headless chook. Games like today shows me there is a player, a fast and very fit one, that is worth persevering with.

I thought he was terrible under Shez, exposed in a poor formation /midfield.  He cant pass 10 yards but under Wellens he has been fantastic.  All he has to do is his job and hes great at breaking up play, closing down and at time drives the team forward.  Playing with Byrne helps him a lot instead of Banks.  Not a slight just a fact in my opinion!.  

Fane mom today?

Edited by deckyd

Just now, deckyd said:

I thought he was terrible under Shez, exposed in a poor formation /midfield.  He cant pass 10 yards but under Wellens he has been fantastic.  All he has to do is his job and hes grwat at breaking up play, closing down and at time drives the team forward.  Playing with Byrne helps him a lot instead of Banks.  Not a slight just a fact in my opinion!.  

Fane mom today?

He was a real engine today cracking player glad his tackling has improved bigtime lads going places!!!

Always been a fan of Fane, he really started progressing when Shez came in and he is developing into a useful player.  I dont expect him to be a world beater, but he is good at his role on the pitch which is to clear up, break up opposition movements and get the ball into the creative players in midfield.

I've criticised Clarke this season but he was immense today, Byrne though is a joy to watch. Doyle and Davies are as good as we've had in a long time and we actually look a very good team. Blackburn came predominantly for a point and ended up being punished, they will still be involved at the end of the season and I hope we can continue this upward surge. 

Wellens has to be offered the job for me and not to do so would be criminal. 

It had to be Byrne man of the match, watching him play should give you goosebumps, always wants the ball, I dont think he even gave it away today, he has a great shot on him as well, makes the beautiful game beautiful.

The good thing about us as a team though is that every player knows his role, we look like a well drilled unit and as much as the credit should go to Wellens, I believe that having TP alongside him acts as the catalyst.

It is a long time since I have been entertained as much by an Oldham side. Hopefully the pitch can hold up this season as we play the ball well on the floor.  

44 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Clean sheet against Blackburn has to get a mention, great defence boys!

Great observation that - has to build confidence right through the team. We're even back to our customary 17th!!

I can't see that being a ceiling for RW though, and 4 out of 4 says he has to be given the job before another club snaps him up.