Blackburn

Just now, longtimeblue said:

There's only been a couple of people who said it was wrong. In the main, even the most ardent Shez fans (and I'm one) could see something wasn't right.

Er,,, think i got a shed load of abuse after suggesting getting rid of JS.

How dare you he kept us up tice etc, anyway, onwards and upwards.

Oh when the blues....

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stagger Lee said:

crowd 7784  - not bad be should be better

Tbf I remember similar crowds vs these in the 80s 4000+ blues there too Wellens winning s few back.

watch Corney and co fuck the good feeling up by appointing Pablo Tommy Teacake.

give Wellens the job Simon stop pissing about give the lad a go.

The big difference with Fane under RW is that he just does what he is very good at , i.e. breaking up play. 

Notice now when he wins the ball either Byrne or Gardener go near him and he just lays it off  to them.

Under Shez he would dwell on it like bambi and get caught out.

1 minute ago, oafcprozac said:

Tbf I remember similar crowds vs these in the 80s 4000+ blues there too Wellens winning s few back.

might not be his decision?

1 minute ago, oafcprozac said:

Wont be his call really. The new owner will be deciding that. 

2 minutes ago, losesome said:

The big difference with Fane under RW is that he just does what he is very good at , i.e. breaking up play. 

Notice now when he wins the ball either Byrne or Gardener go near him and he just lays it off  to them.

Under Shez he would dwell on it like bambi and get caught out.

shame he got hacked down when on that run .. I was having flash backs of Dave Beharell when the ball stuck to his boot till it ended up in the net  ... 

Fane deserved a shot simply for the sheer effort he puts in!

Edited by thetramfixer

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wont be his call really. The new owner will be deciding that. 

The fact Paul Terry was in the directors box indicated to me Wellens has got the job.

The combination was suggested last week.

I'm one of Fane's biggest critics but he, like a lot of side, was very good today.

He was never doing the job of 2 players under previous managers. However, Wellens is playing him in such a way that his lack of football ability doesn't show. All he has to do is win the ball, which he was good at and play simple 5-10 yard balls to any of the other front 6, but Byrne and Gardner in particular.

After a very shaky start I thought Dummingham played well today and whilst I thought the pass of the day was from Rob Hunt, anyone who doesn't think Jack Byrne was MOTM today doesn't like football.

Edited by rudemedic

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The fact Paul Terry was in the directors box indicated to me Wellens has got the job.

paul terry is John Terry's brother. was told before the start that he will be Wellens's assistant

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

I'm one of Fane's biggest critics but he, like a lot of side, were very good today.

He was never doing the job of 2 players under previous managers. However, Wellens is playing him in such a way that his lack of football ability doesn't show. All he has to do is win the ball, which he was good at and play simple 5-10 yard balls to any of the other front 6, but Byrne and Gardner in particular.

After a very shaky start I thought Dummingham played well today and whilst I thought the pass of the day was from Rob Hunt, anyone who doesn't think Jack Byrne was MOTM today doesn't like football.

Anyone playing in a midfield with Banks is having to do two jobs. ?

Fane played well today but Jack Byrne was sensational they couldnt get near him he ran rings round them and that cynical little shit who took him down in the second half should have seen red thst was a 2 footed lunge both feet of the floor.

Think Byrne might have ti get used to that I dont think it will be the last time he is targeted.

Just now, kowenicki said:

Anyone playing in a midfield with Banks is having to do two jobs. ?

No they aren't. The love in for Fane and the bile directed at Banks has always been confusing. 

If you want to watch runners then you need to watch Athletics. I want to watch football.

Fane plays well with Byrne and Gardner, Banks wouldn't. However that doesn't make Fane the better footballer.

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No they aren't. The love in for Fane and the bile directed at Banks has always been confusing. 

If you want to watch runners then you need to watch Athletics. I want to watch football.

Fane plays well with Byrne and Gardner, Banks wouldn't. However that doesn't make Fane the better footballer.

What makes Fane the better footballer is Fane being the better footballer.

Outstanding today we battered them for all the second half, they had a few balls in but we dealt with everything, Placide is just a magnet for collecting the ball, Byrne was unreal but special mention for Fane who had his best game for us, we know he can’t pass but thats not his job won every tackle and header, then Byrne comes and collects it off him. Gardener what a tank he has on him aswell very good player and gives 110% every game. 

Rovers are are a decent side with some good players but we dident give them a minutes rest second half got in there faces and they became sloppy and started to panic with the ball, our defence was solid Clarke back to his best today and Dummigan also had very good game which is good to see. We will be very lucky to keep hold of Byrne it looks as if he his a cut above this level of football so let’s enjoy him while we’ve got him hopefully Gardender can step up and take his role when he goes come January. 

Wellens has to get the job ! Every single player fighting for the shirt and some of the best football I’ve seen Latics play in a long time, if he doesn’t then it will be very harsh on him, surely Abdullah can see the quality in him ? Onto Bradford I’d be happy with a point there but they lost to Bury today so no reason why we can’t go there and win again if we keep playing like this. Up The Blues !

Just now, Magic Mikey said:

What makes Fane the better footballer is Fane being the better footballer.

If you think Fane is a better footballer than Banks you need to stop watching football and start watching Athletics as you don't like football.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Peter Shirtliff and Ian Baraclough also in the directors box taking notes just helping out or being brought back as part of the setup ?

Just now, rudemedic said:

If you think Fane is a better footballer than Banks you need to stop watching football and start watching Athletics as you don't like football.

There are different kinds of footballers. Fane is good at a couple of aspects. Banks is good at none.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

That may be your opinion Doc, but there are different aspects of football, so taken as an overall Fane is a better footballer than Banks. Banks is a better passer of the ball than Fane on that I think we will agree.