Northampton.

Can't believe how hopeless these were yesterday. Quite a few on here backed them as outsiders at the start of the season, but they were comfortably the worst team I've seen this season. 

Their squad looks alright on paper (bar keeper), and I liked what JFH did at Burton, but there's no way they're staying up if they don't bring in a load in January. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Can't believe how hopeless these were yesterday. Quite a few on here backed them as outsiders at the start of the season, but they were comfortably the worst team I've seen this season. 

Their squad looks alright on paper (bar keeper), and I liked what JFH did at Burton, but there's no way they're staying up if they don't bring in a load in January. 

Worse than Grimsby when we were in the championship? I can’t see all three of the new amigos leaving even if they do, we must be able to replace them with similar players if we are paying a % of their wages. Anything top half this season would be a bonus anything above that is just gravy baby.

It was a strange experience watching a game where a win was never in doubt.  Just a good side with a good shape making another look really poor.

Gerrard asked too much of Johny but their goal didn't worry me at all.  Byrne ticking off his captain was priceless.

Fane was targeted after the break and the referee gave him no protection just booking him for an innocuous foul.

Of the three we want to keep I put Bryan firmly at the top of my list.  City might want to get him some games in the Championship because you no longer have to be big if you are good enough and he is undoubtedly good enough for league 1.

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

No, I'm giddy as fuck.

Today reminded me of Shez's first spell when we routinely used to put 3 or 4 past the likes of Hereford and didn't get too excited about it. 

Speaks volumes about good we all know we might be that the atmosphere today was appreciative rather than awestruck... 

I'd have honestly been disappointed if we'd scored less than five. We were a different class to Northampton. Doyle in the form he was in for the Rochdale game (before I knocked his confidence by harassing him on Twitter - sorry everyone) would have got a hat trick yesterday. Fully expect Northampton to already be down when we play them last game of the season, which might be handy if we're playing for promotion.

Edited by rosa

33 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'd have honestly been disappointed if we'd scored less than five. We were a different class to Northampton. Doyle in the form he was in for the Rochdale game (before I knocked his confidence by harassing him on Twitter - sorry everyone) would have got a hat trick yesterday. Fully expect Northampton to already be down when we play them last game of the season, which might be handy if we're playing for promotion.

16 shots, 10 on target, 5 in the back of the net - that’s more like it?

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I left at half time yesterday, but that first half performance was superb. They were absolutely garbage, but the way we demolished them was fantastic...

IIRC did you not leave at halftime in the Peterborough game that ended 5-4 ? 

(apologies if not you)

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I left at half time yesterday, but that first half performance was superb. They were absolutely garbage, but the way we demolished them was fantastic...

4 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

IIRC did you not leave at halftime in the Peterborough game that ended 5-4 ? 

(apologies if not you)

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yes I did...

Makes the obvious post....

Dear Mr Sinnott

Could you please piss off at half time more often

Kind regards

The whole fanbase, management, players and staff of OAFC (2004)  :tongue1:   :lol:

10 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

Makes the obvious post....

Dear Mr Sinnott

Could you please piss off at half time more often

Kind regards

The whole fanbase, management, players and staff of OAFC (2004)  :tongue1:   :lol:

I had reasons for leaving both games. However, we have lost more games than we have won when I've left early...

Naturally, there are genuine reasons why people HAVE to leave early, but I've never understood why some do so as a matter of course. 

Games go up to the 95th minute and more these days, so anything can happen; the 5-4 the perfect example. 

I would be mightily pissed off if I left at 88-ish minutes at 0-1 or 1-1 and then found out we'd won it at the death.

Edited by Bristolatic
Predictive text

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Pretty much what happened with me on Saturday. We were 3-0 up. They were shite. The game was over. It was freezing and I wanted to go home for a brew...

We we once 3-0 up against Exeter (I think) at half time and also Carlisle (IIRC). Look what happened there. 

(Take apologies as a given if I've got those wrong)

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

We we once 3-0 up against Exeter (I think) at half time and also Carlisle (IIRC). Look what happened there. 

(Take apologies as a given if I've got those wrong)

Neither of those sides were as bad as Northampton were on Saturday. They didn't have 3 goals in them. In fact, I'd be amazed if they scored 3 goals between now and May. Absolutely shite...

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Neither of those sides were as bad as Northampton were on Saturday. They didn't have 3 goals in them. In fact, I'd be amazed if they scored 3 goals between now and May. Absolutely shite...

Knowing you as I do, I'm suspecting this is a leg pull and there's a more genuine reason. The Paddy I know would be thinking these are utter shite, it's 3-0 at HT and there's a good chance this will be 6 or 7 and you're not missing that :lol:

10 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Knowing you as I do, I'm suspecting this is a leg pull and there's a more genuine reason. The Paddy I know would be thinking these are utter shite, it's 3-0 at HT and there's a good chance this will be 6 or 7 and you're not missing that :lol:

Straight up. It was cold. Game was over and I wanted a brew...