The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Has anyone seen enough of the youth GK to say we won't need to either keep one of Ruddy or Ben Wilson or find a replacement?

I've seen enough of Ruddy to say I'd rather risk the youth keeper. :grin:

Wilson's OK. Do either or both of them go back in January? 

Edited by HarryBosch

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You could double your money or better on Byrne.

How do you quantify the value of the goals Doyle will score? 

You definitely could with Byrne but it's still a huge initial outlay and commitment.

Doyle is trickier to quantify, his age means you are pretty much writing off the transfer fee but you are getting a proven goalscorer in this league.

I sat in the stand behind the Latics bench at Doncaster. Queensy was sat in front of me. He didnt look too happy about being left out of the squad. Sat there playing games on his phone and barely glanced up at the football all first half. Then he left at half time.

His interview in the program a few weeks ago suggested he wasn't too happy about being here. Quite negative about English football and how he wasn't particularly suited to it.

Hopefully he’s gone back. Best for both parties. We don’t need any spoilt brats in this strong dressing room we have.

Top and bottom of it is he has great pace but the level he thinks he’s at and the level he is realistically at are worlds apart. He’s got great pace but absolutely nothing else. 

I wont forget the goal Vs. Bastards and the badge patting but apart from that all I will remember is him being greedy and shanking 99.9% of his shots.

Shame it hasn’t worked out and all the best to him but not for me in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Hopefully he’s gone back. Best for both parties. We don’t need any spoilt brats in this strong dressing room we have.

Top and bottom of it is he has great pace but the level he thinks he’s at and the level he is realistically at are worlds apart. He’s got great pace but absolutely nothing else. 

I wont forget the goal Vs. Bastards and the badge patting but apart from that all I will remember is him being greedy and shanking 99.9% of his shots.

Shame it hasn’t worked out and all the best to him but not for me in the slightest.

This. 

On 18/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, rudemedic said:

Has anyone seen enough of the youth GK to say we won't need to either keep one of Ruddy or Ben Wilson or find a replacement?

Suppose we could make use of the Emergency GK rule if Placide gets injured/suspended?

Won't be the youth keeper RM.

16 hours ago, robboman said:

Bryan commented saying: ? 

7 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Speaking of which, he is a must keep at least until the end of the season.

I hope we do keep him but, despite the fact he'll probably go on to have the best career of the 3, he's the most easily replaced.

And the one we could most likely replace with a permanent signing - a young, quick, well coached early 20's CB from the Championship/League One (or AL's network) would cost far less than a permanent replacement for Doyle or Byrne.

Edited by HarryBosch

11 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

According to article on BBC Sport Ruddy was sent back to Wolves in November. 

I'd heard something similar-  that he is still officially on loan with us until Jan because he can't return or go anywhere else outside the window. But an agreement was reached for him to go back on the basis that he wasn't going to be first choice here so Wolves felt it was better for him to be training with them rather than us. I think that if one of our keepers was injured we could get him back and play him until 1 January if we wanted.