The Loanees

21 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Yes, but would you consider Mr Wellens to be one of them?

No, although still  learning the game he knows what he wants. Unfortunately, his hands are tied with the takeover dragging on.

I remember when working for Jimmy Sirrel at Notts County and recommend an excellent winger from a lower league Scottish club called Alan Lawrence, the asking price was £10,000. He agreed he was just what he wanted, but said no matter now good he is the club haven't got £10,000, so the matter ended there. The player remained in Scotland, but went on the star in the Premiership.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Yes...as i said..he is showing signs of cracking under the pressure already.

Is he?...is he really??

Maybe that was Scholes' intention when he actually wanted the job...get them to give it to Wellens, watch him crack under the pressure and then I am a dead cert for the role.

Or maybe everything you've just read above is a load of bollocks!

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

He must know the takeover is off Riggo.

Dark clouds indeed.

On the concrete evidence of what exactly makes you and Rigsby certain of the takeover collapsing? There is no news anywhere so when did the saying "no news is good news" become incompatible with the Latics? The recent takeover of Barnsley commenced early last season so we could still have a wait before Abdallah eventually takes over.

To put it in simple terms...............STOP GUESSING - YOU KNOW JACK SH*T!!!

There are only a few who know the takeover situation.......Abdallah and his advisors, Corney and his mates, I would say.

Rigsby and deyres42 - NOPE!!! 

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

On the concrete evidence of what exactly makes you and Rigsby certain of the takeover collapsing? There is no news anywhere so when did the saying "no news is good news" become incompatible with the Latics? The recent takeover of Barnsley commenced early last season so we could still have a wait before Abdallah eventually takes over.

There are only a few who know the takeover situation.......Abdallah and his advisors, Corney and his mates, I would say.

I’m guessing you’ve gone a bit overboard here mike. I’d suggest Rigby is just an attention seeking muppet (for want of a  better word without swearing ) and Eyres is being a bit sarcastic. That’s what I think anyway. 

22 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I agree with all but Corney saying on camera in July he hoped to have it done for August and the deafening silence in the last week of December  - they do shoot themselves in the foot ever so slightly 

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I agree with all but Corney saying on camera in July he hoped to have it done for August and the deafening silence in the last week of December  - they do shoot themselves in the foot ever so slightly 

This. 

I have no problem with it taking so long, there are processes and procedures involved. They really shouldn’t have said anything and let it run its course. 

It’s progressing. 

Who ever takes Byrne must accept to have a free will player in the side. Byrne is never ever going to fit into a well drilled disciplined team or have another hothead short tempered player amongst the squad. If they do accept it then they'll have a match winner some games. 

Edited by Lags

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Villa are supposedly in for Nick Powell at Wigan. Maybe there is a future for Byrne at Wigan after all...

They are shopping for a direct replacement for Powell before selling apparently so think it most likely he'll move on. 

I heard it will be difficult for him to get back in at Wigan, regardless of form/ability, because he's upset a few people there.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Can see a bit of a pattern with this lad, despite his undoubted ability. Maybe our manager is falling in line with others !

Benching him in what could be his last appearance certainly sends a message.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Benching him in what could be his last appearance certainly sends a message.

Wellens probably knows this will be his last appearance and is using that situation to bring in someone else who will be available once Byrne has left. Kudos to Byrne if he comes on and scores, though.

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Shit move - the Scottish League is at best on a par with us outside Celtic and Rangers 

Good move for the player though, although the level is similar to ours if he gets his head down it will raise his profile, they are also far more likely to pay him what he wants, anyone who thinks we (perennial bottom third League 1 team) are a more appealing option than a top 6 SPL team needs their head testing.

Just now, Laticfanatic1 said:
Alan Nixon replied to a Oldham fan on Twitter asking about the Doyle/ Hunt swap deal rumour, Nixon reply on his Twitter page was that Doyle to Hearts was advance, you can double check by going onto Nixon Twitter feed.

Nixon is vocal again!!

Doyle to Hearts?