Bristol Rovers (H)

21 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Hmmm- gardner has off days coz hes crap.

im not entirely sure how people cant see it, its like day of the triffids at BP..

Thought Gardner played well today.  He passed well, dont think he gave the ball away, maybe once i can remember, worked hard going forward and he tracked back.  Thought he was poor vs Plymouth and Fleetwood.

Not trying to start an argument, genuinely asking why do you think he was poor today? (Or every week).  Granted he was replaced by Byrne, but then again he is no Byrne!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

He was particularly annoying today!

But he’s passionate ? Doesn’t matter how many peoples enjoyment he ruins or how many family stands he goads, the lads got passion so is excused. And if your gonna downboat for my PASSIONATE view on this twat please explain disjointed 

6 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Your right and your wrong - my source says he doesnt have the cash, but he does have friends who do..

Riiight.  So he’s tried to buy a club and when it comes to it needs to borrow of his mates.  Sorry, but this sounds like idle gossip based on fuck all.   Source?  Considering people gossiping likely risk huge financial penalties under an NDA. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Thought Gardner played well today.  He passed well, dont think he gave the ball away, maybe once i can remember, worked hard going forward and he tracked back.  Thought he was poor vs Plymouth and Fleetwood.

Not trying to start an argument, genuinely asking why do you think he was poor today? (Or every week).  Granted he was replaced by Byrne, but then again he is no Byrne!

What!? He gave the ball away four times in the first half hour. He was terrible. That continued in the second half. 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

But he’s passionate ? Doesn’t matter how many peoples enjoyment he ruins or how many family stands he goads, the lads got passion so is excused. And if your gonna downboat for my PASSIONATE view on this twat please explain disjointed 

I shouldn't have to explain but you got the downboat for your attack on Topoff, if it upsets you I will remove it, I'm all heart you know.

Oh and by the way the drummer isn't a twat either.

Edited by disjointed

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

You really are a bit touchy.  It was a perfectly reasonable point.

Perhaps. But it’s not really relevant to my point. Why would we seek football league approval for a man who hadn’t got a pot to piss in? Why would we negotiate with him? Why would we progress legals etc etc etc. 

Just now, disjointed said:

I shouldn't have to explain but you got the downboat for your attack on Topoff, if it upsets you I will remove it, I'm all heart you know.

Lol not in the slightest. Take it he’s one of your pals. That’s fair enough. But when one of my mates goes too far on the acting like a moronic wanker scale you should have a quiet word. I will reiterate- he will deffo get what’s coming to him at an away day sooner or later and probably drag some innocents with him. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What!? He gave the ball away four times in the first half hour. He was terrible. That continued in the second half. 

Happy to be corrected if thats the case, only remember the once.  He was spraying balls to Dummy fairly well in the first half.  Thought second half he was sitting deep and not involved.

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Anyway. Back to this. 

So, not enough cash? As in the buyer isn’t offering enough?  So after the inevitable proof of funds, lengthy negotiations, legal expenses and football league approval we only now decide the offer isn’t enough?   

As Ive said moveable goal posts from Corney this is why everything takes forever. Lemsagem was there today

Just now, deckyd said:

Happy to be corrected if thats the case, only remember the once.  He was spraying balls to Dummy fairly well in the first half.  Thought second half he was sitting deep and not involved.

He did knock a few to Dummigan to be fair, but they weren’t all from him. 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Lol not in the slightest. Take it he’s one of your pals. That’s fair enough. But when one of my mates goes too far on the acting like a moronic wanker scale you should have a quiet word. I will reiterate- he will deffo get what’s coming to him at an away day sooner or later and probably drag some innocents with him. 

He isn't one of my pals, I sit well away from him, every time I talk to him he seems like a passionate football fan who has his own way of showing his love of the club, alright thats a bit different to when I was his age in the 70's but each to there own.

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

He isn't one of my pals, I sit well away from him, every time I talk to him he seems like a passionate football fan who has his own way of showing his love of the club, alright thats a bit different to when I was his age in the 70's but each to there own.

Fair enough. Each to their own innit. Not my cup of Tetleys. 

Come Jan 2nd, we'll have precisely zero midfielders who can pass a ball forwards. 

Holloway - the guy has no striking instincts at all. When the ball goes wide, he's fannying around somewhere miles from the goal. The cross from the left (Hunt?) that went across the box was perfect, but he's stood on the penalty spot grappling people. 

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

As Ive said moveable goal posts from Corney this is why everything takes forever. Lemsagem was there today

Yes he was plus his wife and kids I sat two rows in front of them. I was told that a lot of things might happen by the end of next week. Let’s hope so, so we can start with a new broom sweeping clean the three amigos. It’s about time this was concluded but the fact that Lemsagem and Corney where very happy today doesn’t look as though the deal is off. 

Edited by Smiler13

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

Agreed but with 21 games to go, it is possible to climb away from the zone, as have Plymouth, Fleetwood and Doncaster with just a few consecutive results. Equally, they could just as easily be back in it again.

We went on a decent run when we had Byrne and Doyle firing, but even then at the time I felt like we weren’t picking up enough points to match the team we had and the performances we were producing. Didn’t capitalise on it. Now we’ve lost them both I think we struggle without proper reinforcements. McEleney will have to make a real impact, and another pacey, instinctive striker is a must.

Well how many different views can you have.

First half we were on top.  Surely everyone agrees however not a single striker in the team.  Great corners from Gardener just watched as they passed by.  Holloway - What do you do for a living?  Professional footballer.  What position do you play?  Striker.  How many goals do you score?  Embarrassed silence.  How many did you score last season?  Embarrassed silence.  How many have you scored this season?  Embarrassed silence.  Its just a joke.  The answers are none and one.

Second half.  Much the same except Hunt shields ball to Johny who is running out and then stops.  Their striker (someone who scores goals) chips the ball over Johny.  Here we go again....

Substitutions second half leave us with the strikers Davies and 'Holloway' and Byrne in midfield.  Byrne proceeds to occupy every part of the pitch where he can't make an impact on the game demanding the ball from everyone that has it.  Flynn playing positively gets a penalty.  Davies (striker) fluffs the penalty which is 'saved' but not held and manages to score on the second attempt.

We manage a draw.  5 points from the last six games puts us in 19th position.  As I have said before top six this year is just a dream.  We are now in a relegation battle having fallen apart since the two Pauls joined us.

Dickov it was Butler’s fault, LJ it was Holden, Wright has been slagged off now its Terry and Jewell!

bollocks! We’ve been found out, teams press us hard we struggle to break them down - that and losing Doyle has hit us hard. We’re a poor to average football team. We won a few and people got carried away.

17th awaits - unless we cut out the individual errors, stop poncing about,  shoot on sight and do phenomenal business in the window...