January transfer window

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Haiti international striker Duckens Nazon from Wolves  (just returned from Coventry) must be nailed on as a loan to follow Placide and possibly Ambrose? 

He has impressed at cov, who want to keep him, so it's possible that Wolves will send him out to a higher league club.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just been talking to Pringle. He can't play tomorrow. Nor can Paddy Mac. We are under an embargo until the takeover goes through. Hoping the takeover will go through on Monday and then they can be registered

Second part of the Wellens press conference is on ifollow now.

Sounds like we can't register the new players until the takeover is done because we would breach FFP. He said we're very close to the line at present and need to get more players out too.

Said he'd ideally like 5 new signings and they will be all be good players whove played at a higher level but won'  be journeyman nearing the end of their careers.

5 minutes ago, bozman said:

Second part of the Wellens press conference is on ifollow now.

Sounds like we can't register the new players until the takeover is done because we would breach FFP. He said we're very close to the line at present and need to get more players out too.

Said he'd ideally like 5 new signings and they will be all be good players whove played at a higher level but won'  be journeyman nearing the end of their careers.

Sounds promising let’s hope you are correct and the lawyers and EFL get their act together by Monday.

From : http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/270782/Nijmeegse-doelman-De-la-Paz:--Oldham-Athletic-is-prachtige-kans-

A nice new club for Zeus de la Paz. The 22-year-old goalkeeper signed a contract with Oldham Athletic. The next eighteen months he can prove himself for the club from the English League One. "The past few days have gone very quickly and I'm looking forward to it, which is a great opportunity."
Today at 15:00 by Sander Berends
In our country, the team from Nijmegen defended the goals of Jong PSV in the Jupiler League and trained last season at NEC to move to Cincinnati Dutch Lions in the USL Premier Development League. England is not new to De la Paz either. In the 2015/16 season, he was under contract with Nuneaton Town. "But the League One is, of course, a few steps higher", continues the closing position opposite ELF Football.

"In October I received an app from a United States agent, and I had contact with him when I played there." Would you be interested in an internship at Oldham Athletic? " But I myself have an agent in the Netherlands, so we decided to let it rest for a while, and two weeks later he applied again. "Oldham needed a goalkeeper right away.Do you want to go? If things are going well, keep them on a Saturday." After all, the urge was so great. " First goalkeeper Johnny Placide, also international of Haiti, was missing due to private circumstances.

TEST CONTEST
"When I got to the airport, I got a phone call that I could sign on January 1. Apparently I was seen as an amateur player and they were only allowed to sign a contract when I opened the transfer window, but I still wanted to go. I played myself in the picture, which went very well, I participated for three days and the club organized a test contest for me, we played against Burnley U23, but there were also many players from the first team. match, but they were very satisfied with me, they wanted to capture me and were still trying to find out if it was possible to come sooner, but that was not really possible. "

Oldham Athletic temporarily resolved the situation by hiring young goalkeepers at Wolverhampton Wanderers and Cardiff City. "They are now returning to their clubs, I am traveling with the team to London today (Friday, ed.) Tomorrow (Saturday, ed.) We play against Charlton Athletic, probably my transfer is not finished yet, but the manager (Richie Wellens, ed.) would like me to join in. Hopefully I can make my debut on Tuesday. " Then Oldham Athletic receives the U21-team from Leicester City in the EFL Cup. "That would be a great opportunity, I am basically the second goalkeeper, but I have eighteen months to make the Placid difficult, haha The League One consists of 24 clubs, so we also have several double play weeks. I will also get a chance in the competition. "

Actually De la Paz would move to ASV De Dijk in the Second Division. "I would come out on November 1, but I had to wait for my right to play, which did not happen before that time, which only happened in mid-November, but then I already had contacts with Oldham. In the United States, the only problem is that clubs only have seven foreigners allowed to compete, so managers choose players faster than a goalkeeper. "

NATIONAL PLOW CURAÇAO
With his new step, De la Paz also hopes to qualify for the national team of Curaçao, for which he finished two international matches and defended the goal of the Under 20-team eight times. "I still have contact with the goalkeeper coach (Etienne Stomp, ed.) He told me that I had to be under contract with a club again to select me again and hopefully he will get this transfer soon, haha."

He is looking forward to his adventure at Oldham Athletic. "I watched one game, the supporters are very busy with the club and they make a lot of noise, the team is just above the degradation line (twentieth, ed.), But the differences in points are so small, we want to go up as fast as possible. we're not going to do it, I have not seen much from Oldham, the city is a twenty minute drive from Manchester airport, and I'm staying in a hotel for the moment, but I hope to move into an apartment soon. "

"I'm going to play together again with Gevaro Nepomuceno, who I know from the national team of Curaçao, and he has helped me the last few days to show me, and Queensy Menig is still here, but he returns to Nantes. the club is doing everything I can to find my way, I really feel like this adventure, the year has started nicely

16 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

From : http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/270782/Nijmeegse-doelman-De-la-Paz:--Oldham-Athletic-is-prachtige-kans-

A nice new club for Zeus de la Paz. The 22-year-old goalkeeper signed a contract with Oldham Athletic. The next eighteen months he can prove himself for the club from the English League One. "The past few days have gone very quickly and I'm looking forward to it, which is a great opportunity."
Today at 15:00 by Sander Berends
In our country, the team from Nijmegen defended the goals of Jong PSV in the Jupiler League and trained last season at NEC to move to Cincinnati Dutch Lions in the USL Premier Development League. England is not new to De la Paz either. In the 2015/16 season, he was under contract with Nuneaton Town. "But the League One is, of course, a few steps higher", continues the closing position opposite ELF Football.

"In October I received an app from a United States agent, and I had contact with him when I played there." Would you be interested in an internship at Oldham Athletic? " But I myself have an agent in the Netherlands, so we decided to let it rest for a while, and two weeks later he applied again. "Oldham needed a goalkeeper right away.Do you want to go? If things are going well, keep them on a Saturday." After all, the urge was so great. " First goalkeeper Johnny Placide, also international of Haiti, was missing due to private circumstances.

TEST CONTEST
"When I got to the airport, I got a phone call that I could sign on January 1. Apparently I was seen as an amateur player and they were only allowed to sign a contract when I opened the transfer window, but I still wanted to go. I played myself in the picture, which went very well, I participated for three days and the club organized a test contest for me, we played against Burnley U23, but there were also many players from the first team. match, but they were very satisfied with me, they wanted to capture me and were still trying to find out if it was possible to come sooner, but that was not really possible. "

Oldham Athletic temporarily resolved the situation by hiring young goalkeepers at Wolverhampton Wanderers and Cardiff City. "They are now returning to their clubs, I am traveling with the team to London today (Friday, ed.) Tomorrow (Saturday, ed.) We play against Charlton Athletic, probably my transfer is not finished yet, but the manager (Richie Wellens, ed.) would like me to join in. Hopefully I can make my debut on Tuesday. " Then Oldham Athletic receives the U21-team from Leicester City in the EFL Cup. "That would be a great opportunity, I am basically the second goalkeeper, but I have eighteen months to make the Placid difficult, haha The League One consists of 24 clubs, so we also have several double play weeks. I will also get a chance in the competition. "

Actually De la Paz would move to ASV De Dijk in the Second Division. "I would come out on November 1, but I had to wait for my right to play, which did not happen before that time, which only happened in mid-November, but then I already had contacts with Oldham. In the United States, the only problem is that clubs only have seven foreigners allowed to compete, so managers choose players faster than a goalkeeper. "

NATIONAL PLOW CURAÇAO
With his new step, De la Paz also hopes to qualify for the national team of Curaçao, for which he finished two international matches and defended the goal of the Under 20-team eight times. "I still have contact with the goalkeeper coach (Etienne Stomp, ed.) He told me that I had to be under contract with a club again to select me again and hopefully he will get this transfer soon, haha."

He is looking forward to his adventure at Oldham Athletic. "I watched one game, the supporters are very busy with the club and they make a lot of noise, the team is just above the degradation line (twentieth, ed.), But the differences in points are so small, we want to go up as fast as possible. we're not going to do it, I have not seen much from Oldham, the city is a twenty minute drive from Manchester airport, and I'm staying in a hotel for the moment, but I hope to move into an apartment soon. "

"I'm going to play together again with Gevaro Nepomuceno, who I know from the national team of Curaçao, and he has helped me the last few days to show me, and Queensy Menig is still here, but he returns to Nantes. the club is doing everything I can to find my way, I really feel like this adventure, the year has started nicely

so that's clear then

3 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

We are under an embargo as we have exceeded FFP the new investment will allow us bypass this, so no players until the Takeover completes. The deal may well cost us the chance of £40k on Tuesday night too.

Doubt we are under embargo because of FFP when we have shipped out 6 players possibly 7 if Menig has gone.

3 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Plymouth and Peterborough, along with ourselves, trying to sign Jack Byrne.

Wellens has been acting a bit like a weird bird about Byrne. Made out the other week that he was not bothered about keeping him, dropping him and now going back in for him...

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wellens has been acting a bit like a weird bird about Byrne. Made out the other week that he was not bothered about keeping him, dropping him and now going back in for him...

Mmmm. Makes him look a bit like the spurned lover doesn't it..... let's hope they kiss and make up.....

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Makes a bit more sense now in light of what we know, probably knew a few weeks ago that the loan lads wouldn't be staying on beyond initial loan.