January transfer window

3 minutes ago, Simpo said:

I think the league places clubs under a temporary transfer embargo while board takeovers take place. That could be the sticking point.

Free agents can be signed I think..I won't mention Nile Ranger though.:wacko:

12 hours ago, bozman said:

That's interesting. Wellens said something that may have been related to this in his press conference. When talking about McEleney he said, "We have to be careful about when we register him..."

I've no idea what he meant by that but thought it sounded a bit strange.

Article on the fishul reads reads as follows:

‘we’ve got Patrick McEleney who we’re trying to register’*

(*j It actually says ‘resister’ but trying to is a tad worrying?

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Article on the fishul reads reads as follows:

‘we’ve got Patrick McEleney who we’re trying to register’*

(*j It actually says ‘resister’ but trying to is a tad worrying?

When it was first announced it said

Oldham Athletic have signed Patrick McEleney on a two-and-a-half year deal, subject to EFL and international clearance.

12 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

When it was first announced it said

Oldham Athletic have signed Patrick McEleney on a two-and-a-half year deal, subject to EFL and international clearance.

Bet the lads thinking what the fuck have I let myself in for, duck pond for a training pitch, staff haven't been paid and the clubs that tinpot they can't even register me to play Saturday despite me being here two weeks.  

Nice one Simon :chubb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Bet the lads thinking what the fuck have I let myself in for, duck pond for a training pitch, staff haven't been paid and the clubs that tinpot they can't even register me to play Saturday despite me being here two weeks.  

Imagine waking up that angry ???

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Nothing sums you up better than you actually blaming Simon corney for the weather ?

44 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Nothing sums you up better than you actually blaming Simon corney for the weather ?

Do you reckon 99% of other teams in the FL train on a duck pond then after a couple of days of rain - of course they don't. We train on a Sunday League pitch because all football generated income was diverted into a nice new events centre that the club see near on zero return from, lack of investment, embargoes, unpaid staff and a general total lack of incompetence have put is in this position and that ain't the weathers fault.

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you reckon 99% of other teams in the FL train on a duck pond then after a couple of days of rain - of course they don't. We train on a Sunday League pitch because all football generated income was diverted into a nice new events centre that the club see near on zero return from, lack of investment, embargoes, unpaid staff and a general total lack of incompetence have put is in this position and that ain't the weathers fault.

I don't think there hasn't not been a total lack of incompetence. Or hasn't there?

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just been talking to Pringle. He can't play tomorrow. Nor can Paddy Mac. Hoping the takeover will go through on Monday and then they can be registered

Cheers for the update.  Still questioning why.  As AL is taking over then doesn't make sense putting off strengthening the team now.  Surely between him and SC - seeing as they're good mates - that a gentlemans agreement could be made.

Zeus De La Paz is coming in as a second keeper apparently.  He turned up at a local non-league team to me (Nuneaton) but didn't make first team.  Played a couple of games on trial but didn't impress.  Against Coventry he looked way below league standard - lacked confidence, flapped at crosses, positioning suspect.  Perhaps he's improved in 18 months?!

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just been talking to Pringle. He can't play tomorrow. Nor can Paddy Mac. We are under an embargo until the takeover goes through. Hoping the takeover will go through on Monday and then they can be registered

Let's hope he doesn't do an Ian Moore in the meantime...

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Cheers for the update.  Still questioning why.  As AL is taking over then doesn't make sense putting off strengthening the team now.  Surely between him and SC - seeing as they're good mates - that a gentlemans agreement could be made.

Zeus De La Paz is coming in as a second keeper apparently.  He turned up at a local non-league team to me (Nuneaton) but didn't make first team.  Played a couple of games on trial but didn't impress.  Against Coventry he looked way below league standard - lacked confidence, flapped at crosses, positioning suspect.  Perhaps he's improved in 18 months?!

We aren’t putting off strengthening, we are under an embargo.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Don't know if he's a good keeper or not, but great name, by Jupiter!