Charlton away

Charlton were there for the taking second half. They only posed a threat towards the end when we pushed forward more. I can't blame Placide for their goal because I only saw it on their scoreboard; 6'7" and 6'4" blokes in front of me meant I could barely even see the crossbar, let alone anything below it. But it looked as though Gardner and Dummigan got beaten too easily.

Holloway worked his nuts off and deserved a goal when Amos made two very good saves. Davies? What's happened to him? His first touch has completely gone. 

Green ineffective, Tope and Nepomuceno so frustrating; they've got undoubted skill on the ball but can't put a cross in. Nepo's first corner in the second half barely reached the penalty area. 

As for Placide's booking, wasn't he delaying our free kick because he was attracting the referee's attention to Hunt who was on the floor injured? 

And what was 4 minutes stoppage time all about? 6 subs, about three injuries; I made that 5 or 6 minutes and I'm pretty certain he didn't play the full four.

All in all, a frustrating day when, whilst not being on top form, we deserved something out of the game and got nowt.

Charlton are nowhere near as good as Fat Twat Robinson thinks they are.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Welcome to shitstormFC Richie, he says it as we see it I will give him that. 

Absolutely spot on. 

He says it exactly as it. I don’t disagree with a single word he says in that interview. I don’t feel sorry for him, because he must of come into this club/job/shitstorm with his eyes wide open, if he didn’t then he’s naive. But I do really hope we give him something to work with. Because it’s blindingly obvious he’s good at his job if he’s given even a half decent team to work with. 

14 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Cross the fookin ball.... what is the matter with modern footballers... stop going back and sideways....! Aaaaaargh.

I wonder if the finances behind this takeover will stretch to us signing Yannick Bolasie?  He's a player that doesn't mess about when it comes to whipping an early cross in.  A proper old-fashioned winger..

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I wonder if the finances behind this takeover will stretch to us signing Yannick Bolasie?  He's a player that doesn't mess about when it comes to whipping an early cross in.  A proper old-fashioned winger..

With Andy Carroll to get on the end of them? Andrés Iniesta in CM to give it to Yannick?

table shows we are now in deep shit.

Unless this takeover happens like, in the next 2 weeks we will be in the bottom 4 imho.

assuming the takeover means fresh signings i should have said- because without new players we are screwed..

Edited by rigsby

11 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Charlton were there for the taking second half. They only posed a threat towards the end when we pushed forward more. I can't blame Placide for their goal because I only saw it on their scoreboard; 6'7" and 6'4" blokes in front of me meant I could barely even see the crossbar, let alone anything below it. But it looked as though Gardner and Dummigan got beaten too easily.

Holloway worked his nuts off and deserved a goal when Amos made two very good saves. Davies? What's happened to him? His first touch has completely gone. 

Green ineffective, Tope and Nepomuceno so frustrating; they've got undoubted skill on the ball but can't put a cross in. Nepo's first corner in the second half barely reached the penalty area. 

As for Placide's booking, wasn't he delaying our free kick because he was attracting the referee's attention to Hunt who was on the floor injured? 

And what was 4 minutes stoppage time all about? 6 subs, about three injuries; I made that 5 or 6 minutes and I'm pretty certain he didn't play the full four.

All in all, a frustrating day when, whilst not being on top form, we deserved something out of the game and got nowt.

Charlton are nowhere near as good as Fat Twat Robinson thinks they are.

about exactly the same way I saw the 2nd half. I couldn't understand why after about 15 minutes they move Tope onto the left wing when he was at least threatening everytime he got the ball 1 on 1 with the right back?? also why sub Gardner after 5 minutes of the 2nd half? do it at HT and at least indicate intent from the restart.

Lot of folk where blaming Placide for the goal but blame has to lie with Dummingan and Gardner...poor goal to give away.

Thought Holloway really tried 2nd half and was unlucky twice, 2 good saves from Amos.

Deserved a point from a game involving 2 teams out of form and 1 team out of luck .....IMHO 

18 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I agree Gardner was shocking today and he's been getting gradually worse for several games.

Let's not forget he was decent earlier in the season though. I imagine he was one of the one's RW was alluding to after Shrewsbury when he said he'd got a hell of a lot out of certain players but they can't keep it up and that's why they've played their whole careers at this end of League One. 

I wouldn't write him off. Hopefully he can have a bit of a breather if Pringle and others come in this week and come back the player he was earlier in the season. 

Charlton were shite today and there for the taking even with our bare bones lineup. 

Tope was unbelievably frustrating - he looked great with the ball at his feet twisting, turning & running until he passed, crossed or shot every one of which was utter toss :lol:

Maouche looked alright, worth another go. 

Davies shocking, Holloway not much better. 

Placide could, arguably, have done better with their goal but was very good again otherwise.

Gardner got done for me rather than being as weak as some are making out. It happens, and the lad went on to jink his way to a quality finish. RW wanted to sign him and that showed us why. 

Gerrard didn't have his best game and was bailed out once or twice by JP. That said AG bailed a team mate out more than once. 

Gevaro his usual 7/10. 

Onto Green - for all the shit Banks got and Gardner is now getting how has he avoided it for a season and a half? 

Is he the first ever footballer whose game is breaking up his own teams play rather than the oppositions? :lol:

It was most noticeable at Gillingham when (I think) he replaced Byrne but move after move just stops whenever the ball reaches him.

And he's not particularly good at the defensive side either. 

What is he? 

If that Crewe rumour has any substance could we send them some PlayerShare money? 

Didn't realise you were down yesterday...!!

1 hour ago, Downender said:

about exactly the same way I saw the 2nd half. I couldn't understand why after about 15 minutes they move Tope onto the left wing when he was at least threatening everytime he got the ball 1 on 1 with the right back?? also why sub Gardner after 5 minutes of the 2nd half? do it at HT and at least indicate intent from the restart.

Lot of folk where blaming Placide for the goal but blame has to lie with Dummingan and Gardner...poor goal to give away.

Thought Holloway really tried 2nd half and was unlucky twice, 2 good saves from Amos.

Deserved a point from a game involving 2 teams out of form and 1 team out of luck .....IMHO 

I didn’t see Tope threaten anything but himself

He was diabolical the other week at home but yesterday was comically bad. At the point you would rather our players had gone by themselves than give him the ball

Like you say though, it was a match between two really poor teams

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How did Maouche look in his short cameo?

Did nothing but the basics really. Couldn’t possibly say. However sometimes you can tell when a player is quality by the way they address the ball - Byrne, Baxter etc - and I wouldn’t say he looked particularly special.

39 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Did nothing but the basics really. Couldn’t possibly say. However sometimes you can tell when a player is quality by the way they address the ball - Byrne, Baxter etc - and I wouldn’t say he looked particularly special.

As long as he didn't look like George Weah's cousin there's hope then

7 hours ago, rigsby said:

table shows we are now in deep shit.

Unless this takeover happens like, in the next 2 weeks we will be in the bottom 4 imho.

assuming the takeover means fresh signings i should have said- because without new players we are screwed..

"Like," Donald Trump