Holloway Off?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Crawley in for him according to Alan Nicko. For a bit of money.

I’d be disappointed. I know many wouldn’t. 

I've been disappointed so this would be an amazing bit of business were we to get money for him.

Especially if it means we can keep our 11 goal striker

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've been disappointed so this would be an amazing bit of business were we to get money for him.

Especially if it means we can keep our 11 goal striker

Am disappointed because he’s clearly got the ability to contribute more. That said, the number of chances he’s created compared to his time on the pitch would be very high, I’d have thought.

Just now, NewBlue said:

Am disappointed because he’s clearly got the ability to contribute more. That said, the number of chances he’s created compared to his time on the pitch would be very high, I’d have thought.

Wellens has questioned his application and it's often apparent on the pitch. Never seen a forward with so little intent to score. 

I understand the thinking that he puts himself about (when he wants) and he wins 40% of headers and we all love a trier. Even though he's chipped in with the odd goal and created maybe three this season with his power, but it's not enough, no where near enough. Holloway has proved he can win matches, but there again anyone on the pitch could do so where one goal wins it. I hope he goes and build his career elsewhere. If a flop comes in we are no worse off however, we might just get someone on his amount of money that can score and win more matches to compliment Doyle!!

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Wellens has questioned his application and it's often apparent on the pitch. Never seen a forward with so little intent to score. 

What’s weird is when it comes to the battle between himself and the defender, I see no lack of effort, but when it comes to running the channels and doing what a goal scoring striker does to score goals he seems to lack the desire, oddly

I have mixed feelings about Holloway.He has had the odd brilliant game such as a couple of seasons ago away at Swindon where he held the line superbly and away at Wigan when on loan.Also brilliant goal in last minute this season to win the game.But too many chances fluffed,a one trick pony at times,and also cost us £100000 I believe plus must be on good money.

His scoring rate for a striker is woeful...almost on a par with that waste of space Cassidy.Just feel we can afford to offload him sadly but if he goes I wish him all the best.

He can go for me. He’s excellent with his back to goal, and has a decent feet, but unfortunately for him Davies does all of that but actually scores- which for a striker is handy. 

Why RW would replace Holloway with Clarke-Harris is bizarre. He’s to similar to Davies, which is exactly what Wellens has got now and said he didn’t want. 

I'm a fan of Holloway and I think he'll stay around Leagues One and Two as a good target man.  He might even have a season in the right set up where he scores for fun.

However he has disappointed for us this season when I thought it was a great opportunity for him to kick on, so I wouldn't be too bothered to let him go.

1 hour ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Please please please go Holloway absolute pointless striker if we can replace him with a real striker that scores goals that be great 

Getting downboated for wanting Oldham to get rid of a striker that scores no more then 5 a season for oldham shows how mental people are :D