Bradford

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

I agree today.  Hopefully he can maintain his standard much like our keeper (gets stick on here which sometimes is unfounded) and not be a Menig who flattered to decieve somewhat.

No flattering to deceive there. The lad was solid all game today, good touches, good passing, good positioning. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

No flattering to deceive there. The lad was solid all game today, good touches, good passing, good positioning. 

No doubt about it, he was all that you mentioned today.  Being  slightly cautious about it because i hope he continues in the same vein.  Thought he looked tricky going forward when he did also.

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Gardner MOTM for me

Attritional battle. Two even teams. Enjoyed it.

Surely we can make that disgrace of a pitch our home.

Credit to Wellens too. Second goal scored and assisted by subs? Bold call. Tope made an impact too.

Im not sure whether Tope is an asset (last 15 mins today, running with ball, taking ball forward into corners) or a very poor league 1 player.  He has pace and some strength, but apart from two games that i can remember he has been very very poor, todays cameo not included, he did a good job when he came on going forward.  

As you say, today Wellens got it right.  Two up top helps, was Nazon injured or tactical?.

Gardner was my MOTM, as said Fane and Gerrard did very well, the new LB is just what we need, a left footed player who did his job well, nothing flashy and looked to get down the wing a fair few times, the balance of the team was much better with Pringle out on the left, I feel there is a lot more to come from him.

And the officials were the worst as a team of 4 that we have seen for a while, after the ref went off the 2 liners looked like they would have been better suited to a pie eating contest.            

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

Thought both Gerrard and Bryan  had very good games today against Wyke who was their only focal point  and playing gardner central and pringle wide left gave us a very balanced looking midfield 

Yes. Pringle HAS to be left. 

6 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Im not sure whether Tope is an asset (last 15 mins today, running with ball, taking ball forward into corners) or a very poor league 1 player.  He has pace and some strength, but apart from two games that i can remember he has been very very poor, todays cameo not included, he did a good job when he came on going forward.  

As you say, today Wellens got it right.  Two up top helps, was Nazon injured or tactical?.

He’s a poor player who had an impact today because he wasn’t expected to do anything relating to scoring goals

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

6 mins, hes having a fuckin laugh...

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

6 mins ffs why?

6 substitutions and 2 goals (all supposed to be 30 seconds each). 

Plus 2 decent stoppages - once when Gardner, Nazon and one of theirs were all down. Then the second / third time Gardner went down just before he was eventually subbed. 

Wouldn't mind betting the ref added a bit on for some of our time wasting too. 

All adds up. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Plus 2 decent stoppages - once when Gardner, Nazon and one of theirs were all down. Then the second / third time Gardner went down just before he was eventually subbed. 

All adds up. 

Fair enough when its rationalised, in the moment he could put up 1 min and still get stick!!

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

All adds up. 

Must admit the added on minutes in both halves were about the only thing they got right.

1 minute ago, monkeykieran said:

1st game I've been to this season. 

Will hopefully come to a few more now.

Can someone please tell me what the point of Davies is?! Is he always so utterly useless, lazy, slow, stupid?

No, no, no and no. 

He's been one of our better players this season, 13 goals and 3 assists is a decent return already. Plus he actually does a lot of good work off the ball as well as holding it up well. 

Much better when someone plays alongside him though. 

9 minutes ago, monkeykieran said:

Can someone please tell me what the point of Davies is?! Is he always so utterly useless, lazy, slow, stupid?

He worked his arse off in a fairly thankless task today. Can't see why he deserves criticism at all.

15 minutes ago, monkeykieran said:

Are you sure it isn’t the first game you’ve been to in your life? Pretty clueless summary. 

12 minutes ago, monkeykieran said:

He had a decent game today, really worked hard, alright when he gets the ball out wide one on one he invariably loses it, but that isn't his game.

And in answer to the last point aren't most footballers stupid.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Are you sure it isn’t the first game you’ve been to in your life? Pretty clueless summary. 

Wasn't a summary - it was a question, which others have replied to - but thanks.

Standards have dropped significantly over the years evidently