Bradford

4 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Some will work some won’t - we’ve signed a lot of domestic shite over the years - Colbeck, Purdie, Swailes, to name three it’s what happens at our level trial and error 

I called Colceck “the guns of navarone” not really sure why.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

So how do these two comments match up in your opinion?

You see his performance today? The only one running/harrassing in the middle of the park at the end. We would've thrown away a 2 goal lead if it wasn't for him. Didn't allow them to gain momentum, albeit his clearances didn't get far but, it stopped them from getting into dangerous areas. Btw we lost at Shrewsbury so, it's pretty irrelevant. 

15 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Omrani, Mouache, Menig to name but 3 that haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory.

Nothing wrong with foreign players who are better than what we’ve got. Sub-standard ones though are a waste of our wages budget.

True. But some people on this forum have a habit of dismissing foreign players simply because they are foreign.  Which is ironic given ‘foreigners’ are better at football than us. 

Good battling performance perhaps coinciding with Gardner's best performance for a while.

Gerrard led by example with Bryan as no frills were the requirement on this pitch.

Very good assured debut from Moimbe, he certainty looks the part at left back.

All did their jobs well, although I'd like to see again how Placide let that  effort finish in the net.

Same sort of determined  show at Blackburn and I think a win could be on the cards.

Edited by BP1960

42 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

There’s definitely an atmosphere developing in that corner of the north stand, which I’m all for. BP has been a library for too long and as much much as I admire what those in the Jimmy Frizz stand (let’s not forget it’s called that) are trying to do, they are too far from the away fans to make an impact on the atmosphere. As long as it’s good natured, the banter and atmosphere between opposing fans is half the reason for going to football as far as I’m concerned. Come on Oldham! 

Yep. A real positive to see that return.

I had a fleeting thought about going there for the next localish derby match, until I remembered that it would mean vacating the Glorious Main Stand...

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

True. But some people on this forum have a habit of dismissing foreign players simply because they are foreign.  Which is ironic given ‘foreigners’ are better at football than us. 

FIFA rankings would suggest we are better than most foreigners. 

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I had a fleeting thought about going there for the next localish derby match, until I remembered that it would mean vacating the Glorious Main Stand...

Get yourself in there. We switched from the top right of main stand to top right of north stand, much better for involvement with away fans and the view ain’t bad.

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good battling performance perhaps coinciding with Gardner's best performance for a while.

Gerrard led by example with Bryan as no frills were the requirement on this pitch.

Very good assured debut from Moimbe, he certainty looks the part at left back.

All did their jobs well, although I'd like to see again how Placide let that  effort finish in the net.

Same sort of determined  show at Blackburn and I think a win could be on the cards.

We've been pissing Gardner about for a few weeks playing him wide and bizzarely last week starting upfront. Hes best as a centre mid keep him there from now on. Do the same with Pringle hes a left mid stop pissing him about and play him there, we do that performances like today will become the norm again.

46 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It's all getting a bit #SeatNumber this not quite #AnywhereIn10Minutes yet though. 

Agreed, guys we've won chill the fuck out. We played well against a good side and took 3 points everythingelse is academic enjoy the evening.

Edited by GlossopLatic

7 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Get yourself in there. We switched from the top right of main stand to top right of north stand, much better for involvement with away fans and the view ain’t bad.

Have to get a seat towards the top of the stand for me to think it’s worth sitting there. In the Plymouth types it’s probably not too difficult but the more appealing fixtures I’d have thought it’d be harder.

With the pitch as it is I think we’ll see a lot of tight, fiesty games like that today, so should be cause for a decent atmosphere. Not to mention we should pick up a bit of form from here.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Fucks sake. First win in weeks and the first click on OWTB I see is a tit-for-tat in low-grade name calling. Have a look at yourselves.

It’s embarrassing points scoring off fellow fans. We’re all blue but part of the reason why we’ve been shit for years too busy jacking off trying to show a fellow fan up instead of channeling their energies into calling the people out that have run the club into the ground. How many of these cyber gobshites actually go to games or would insult their fellow fans face to face?

Seriously, if I was Ackey, Stevie J et al and had seen what this once brilliant board had become - instead of putting my own money in to allow this bitching, I’d pull the plug!

Let’s all grow the fuck up and pull together and cheer the lads to safety and hopefully a bright new dawn come August...

Edited by oafcprozac

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

I’ve moved there this season, albeit only from the halfway line in the north stand but even from there the difference is like night & day. You’re snookered if you want a halftime pint mind. You can’t have everything. 

Give it a try. 

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

?

He isn’t good defensively. Great goal but that doesn’t negate my point...

Genuinley delighted I’m wrong about the result. First time Gardner has turned up for months, long may it continue. 

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Oh for god sake. The point was plenty on here say the foreigners are no good for no other reason than they are foreign. It’s bullshit. 

Quote one post off this board where any one person has actually said that, if you can't can you please stop talking bollocks please.

52 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I’ve moved there this season, albeit only from the halfway line in the north stand but even from there the difference is like night & day. You’re snookered if you want a halftime pint mind. You can’t have everything. 

Give it a try. 

Have been in the North Stand before but to me you can’t get high enough in the Stand - unless you’re in the posh seats - to compete with the elevated view of the Main Stand

Nice win with lots of good performances. Moimbé started cautiously and took brakes off second half. Actually looks a good signing.  Dummigan his usual self with fine strikefor the first. Byrne is not a left sided midfield player -not his best position. Needed a win and got it.