Bradford

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Tell that to the highly successful England youth teams.

Who are playing against the dregs that aren't playing full internationals. Other countries players of the same age as those comps we were so successful in are mainly playing for their 1st teams club and country 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/02/2018 at 7:01 PM, whittles left foot said:

So how does being injured make a difference? He did not play. Knew you would say we lost-well we lost on New Tears Day and he was dreadful. His 'replacement ' is a fringe player-one of the ones brought in for no apparent reason which is all contributing to our crap season-again.

You will not read a bigger load of rubbish on here this year.

Just as a matter of interest, what did you think of Fanes performance yesterday?

Edited by Gary1906
Submitted without typing anything.

Good three points, a scrapping performance on a cut up and rutted pitch. Had flashes of the last few seasons under Shez. That is how we are going to win games, and it won't be pretty but I don't really care. Teams will hate coming to BP for that reason. 

Better performance by all collectively, not just 3 or 4 lads doing it. 

More of the same next week Mr RW. 

13 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Loved the game.  Gated the quality.

Loved the result and both our goals.

There is, however, the Placide question.

At first look, from the half-way line of the Main Stand, I thought it was deflected and he had no chance. It was only til I came on here and others slated him for it that I began to wonder if it had got a touch.

29 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Loved the game.  Gated the quality.

Loved the result and both our goals.

And what a massive question it is. I think he’s turning out to be very dodgy, especially on shots taken quickly. He’s very unorthodox and the only time I feel comfortable is with strikes from distance 

15 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

At first look, from the half-way line of the Main Stand, I thought it was deflected and he had no chance. It was only til I came on here and others slated him for it that I began to wonder if it had got a touch.

Without seeing it again, he basically Cornell'ed it, and punched it into his own net. 

17 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Without seeing it again, he basically Cornell'ed it, and punched it into his own net. 

I knew he got a hand on it but he was going the other way. Didn’t think it was so simple as to say he punched it into his own net.

Edited by NewBlue

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Done. 

And every one of them points is legitimate and still stands, to be fair Moimbe already looks the best of a bad bunch and hopefully he can kick on after a steady debut, having foreign players is nothing new for the club you know.

25 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I knew he got a hand on it but he was going the other way. Didn’t think it was so simple as to say he punched it into his own net.

He was caught out at his near post going the wrong way. Managed to stop it going in but merely deflected it into the path of Gibson.

Great 3 points against a top 6 side.Shows what a combined TEAM effort can do and all worked their socks off for each other.If we show the same battling attitude for the remaining games then we can easily pull out of our recent nose dive and with Doyle coming back next month we should start climbing up  the league.

Thought Pringle had his best game yet but praise should be given to all the team.What a wonder goal to start the game and the Bantams were soon left crowing.Thought it was a disgrace when their player clearly elbowed  and ours got  booked  for celebrating.Alnother example was when their corner taker kept placing the ball outside the area.Tosser.

Placide's kicking needs to be straighter.Too many go over for a throw in.

Our strikers did well and Holloway does well when he comes on later in the game and adds impetus when we seem to  be tiring a bit.

Defence and midfield battled and won most  balls and tackles.How anyone can still whinge about Fane is beyond me unless they arnt getting any!!.

Thought the ball boy at their end was good in keeping the ball and winding them up.Keep it up Oldham to coin an old chant.

On to a tough  game at Blackburn and an early start next Saturday.

It’s looking like it’s back to using the Boundary Park potato field as the 12th man. Utilising it’s furrows and swamps and getting the ball to the big man up front.

I ever-so-slightly hate myself for it.. but I really enjoyed yesterday.

2 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Their goal looked like an absolute brain fart from Jonny but the highlights show that it was actually a Gerard own goal.

He was unlucky after making a very good reaction stop.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

He was caught out at his near post going the wrong way. Managed to stop it going in but merely deflected it into the path of Gibson.

Ball was definitely deflected before it arrived to him. Think it was asking a lot for him to save that.

Byrne’s show of effort yesterday tells me that was a performance in defiance for Wellens. They all played for him yesterday as they knew he was a gonner if they’d lost.

And a win was just what we needed going to Ewood next week.

25 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

It’s looking like it’s back to using the Boundary Park potato field as the 12th man. Utilising it’s furrows and swamps and getting the ball to the big man up front.

I ever-so-slightly hate myself for it.. but I really enjoyed yesterday.

Found this yesterday, bit technical but an indication of the difficulties. From last pre-season, would be interesting to get an update on how they're dealing with the pitch at the minute!

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/balancing-oldham-s-needs-with-finance.html

Shez like team performance yesterday, started off poorly but battled for a good 75 mins, every player put in a shift and contributed. Defence was superb Wyke dident get a sniff off Gerrard and Bryan, Moimbe slotted in and dident look out of place, Dummigan goal of the season and had an excellent second half. Gardener back to his old self again chasing down every ball him and Fane were brilliant ! Pringle much better on the wing, some good passes from Byrne but he was quiet for most of the game. Nazon looks a decent player a striker that can run at defenders and create probably should of scored but ball bobbled up just before he hit it. Davies did a job he always seem to drift out to the wing though maybe a tactic from Wellens. Good subs by Richie, Mcgalughin with great cross to Holloway and good header, Byrne rightly subbed he doesn’t defend and we needed to hold on some clever play by Tope to run into the corners with the ball. Their goal looked like Placide completely flapped at it and spilled into the goal but will have to have another look. Onto Blackburn with confidence as they lost yesterday no reason we can’t go there and give them a game but I’d take a point at Ewood then MASSIVE game at Dale week after ! 

Edited by Markspark92

5 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I’m a big fan of Holloway, but acting as the cock after his goal is a bit rich when you’ve scored about two goals in 20 league appearances. Start acting like that if you do it regularly and are still benched...

4 in 47 league appearance for us (yeah, lots as a sub), and he's cupping his ear to the North Stand. Not sure if it's ridiculous or genius. 

17 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I’m a big fan of Holloway, but acting as the cock after his goal is a bit rich when you’ve scored about two goals in 20 league appearances. Start acting like that if you do it regularly and are still benched...

I did wonder what that was about is he getting grief on social media? He has had criticism from some on here but its not been over the top and when he came on he wasn't getting grief from the stands the athleticos were singing his name. He scored an important goal for us yesterday and did well when he came on just enjoy it lad your football will speak louder than any critic.