Bradford

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, monkeykieran said:

Wasn't a summary - it was a question, which others have replied to - but thanks.

Standards have dropped significantly over the years evidently 

It was a rhetorical question. It was clearly your summary of him.  Thanks. 

That was a game we had to win, but could easily have drawn, so well done latics 

not the best game ever, but a solid performance and a well deserved victory 

Gardner was back to near his best , mom for me and ran himself into the ground

Pringle is a good player to have st this level

Holloway won every high ball played to him and took his goal well

Dummy’s goal was special 

Gerrard dug in and  hopefully he’s through his bad spell

what’s happened to Johny?

looked like another mistake for their goal.

Moimbe looked out of position a few times in the first half, but in the second half improved a lot, several good forward runs and at least one great interception on the edge of our box

Kean loooked out of sorts for the first half hour, but improved after that and played well for the rest of the game

i thought Davies did ok and held the ball up we 

Nazon looks like he’s got a few goals in him, but should have put the one on one chance away

McLaughlin did well and made a great cross for the second 

Bradford made several cynical challenges and on a different day could easily have had at least one sent off

all in all a well won 3 points

phew 

6 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Another game where you wonder why the singing lads occupy that corner of the RRE. Seemed a decent atmosphere in the North Stand side nearest the Chaddy but never really got going cos fans are split.

Bin off the drum and get them in the North Stand.

No thanks. Quite enjoy it over there in the top right side of the stand as it is. Bastard rovers at home, our lot over in the north stand was class

3 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

No thanks. Quite enjoy it over there in the top right side of the stand as it is. Bastard rovers at home, our lot over in the north stand was class

Yeah, it’s not that German wannabe shite over there, but with a few more numbers today would’ve been a great atmosphere. Maybe 50 blokes too few.

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Yeah, it’s not that German wannabe shite over there, but with a few more numbers today would’ve been a great atmosphere. Maybe 50 blokes too few.

I get what you’re saying. I’d rather keep it like it is and just hope the lads and blokes that are in there at the minute start bringing back their old boys if we are winning. 

If they came over from rocky I know that my lot in particular wouldn’t bother sitting there.

No offence though to the group in the RRE I like what they’re trying to do... just rather them not be over near away fans. 

23 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

There’s definitely an atmosphere developing in that corner of the north stand, which I’m all for. BP has been a library for too long and as much much as I admire what those in the Jimmy Frizz stand (let’s not forget it’s called that) are trying to do, they are too far from the away fans to make an impact on the atmosphere. As long as it’s good natured, the banter and atmosphere between opposing fans is half the reason for going to football as far as I’m concerned. Come on Oldham! 

1 hour ago, monkeykieran said:

Wasn't a summary - it was a question, which others have replied to - but thanks.

Standards have dropped significantly over the years evidently 

Too fragile for forums. Someone calls you out so you run off downvoting all over the place. Bit childish.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Very good indeed.  

“Bloody crap foreigners forced on Wellens”

Omrani, Mouache, Menig to name but 3 that haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory.

Nothing wrong with foreign players who are better than what we’ve got. Sub-standard ones though are a waste of our wages budget.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

No, no, no and no. 

He's been one of our better players this season, 13 goals and 3 assists is a decent return already. Plus he actually does a lot of good work off the ball as well as holding it up well. 

Much better when someone plays alongside him though. 

Slows the play down and looks to go backwards so, he can get in the box way too often. Just attack, looks much better in a front 2 with someone a little different to him (has to be said) but, still not convinced he does enough. Glad Holloway got a goal, since that's all a striker is judged on by some. 

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

Omrani, Mouache, Menig to name but 3 that haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory.

Nothing wrong with foreign players who are better than what we’ve got. Sub-standard ones though are a waste of our wages budget.

Some will work some won’t - we’ve signed a lot of domestic shite over the years - Colbeck, Purdie, Swailes, to name three it’s what happens at our level trial and error