Squad movements, summer 2018

1 minute ago, singe said:

I'm still not sure if AL has, or access to, significant funds. But the move to another site and his only buying the club would make sense in freeing us from the shackles of debt.

I don't want to see us move from Boundary Park but part of me wants him make a decision to move just to stick it to the 3 thieves, there you go boys, enjoy your new £4m stand that nobody will want to buy

1 minute ago, cmr said:

I don't want to see us move from Boundary Park but part of me wants him make a decision to move just to stick it to the 3 thieves, there you go boys, enjoy your new £4m stand that nobody will want to buy

You'd imagine us upping sticks would be their preferred course of action...

Just now, deyres42 said:

You'd imagine us upping sticks would be their preferred course of action...

More than £4m profit from just the land the ground sits on? I'm no property expert but it might be a stretch

We were initially refused planning permission for the flats around the ground previously because at the meeting the councillors joined in with the nimbys complaining about traffic. They all had a good moan and completely ignored the traffic assessment that was done. Same again please if its happens

8 minutes ago, cmr said:

More than £4m profit from just the land the ground sits on? I'm no property expert but it might be a stretch

We were initially refused planning permission for the flats around the ground previously because at the meeting the councillors joined in with the nimbys complaining about traffic. They all had a good moan and completely ignored the traffic assessment that was done. Same again please if its happens

Pity Sports Park 2000 was halted, could have had a 20,000 all seater stadium built before the recession.

Edited by BP1960

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Gardner story is true. Teams from France want him, as do Wigan, Portsmouth and Blackburn. Jack Byrne wants to leave.  We do want Baxter, but so do loads of other clubs, including Burton, who are managed by Clough...

Well we ain't getting him then! Championship for a better wage or Oldham? Hmmmm.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Pity Sports Park 2000 was halted, could have had a 20,000 all seater stadium built before the recession.

Those were my thoughts exactly, by the time it hit the majority of them would have been sold and we'd have been sitting pretty. Maybe that was wishful thinking though.

That meeting was surreal, I was wondering why they were spending the time moaning rather than making a decision based on the factual documentation provided by professionals. Then you realise why the town is in the state its in.

29 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

You might want to specify timelines first time around. If I've missed it first time I apologise but I don't recall you specifying a day. Then to say well as of Friday but that might of changed spreads major doubts on the story.

I did specify timelines "last week" "Friday" and I do accept your apology. 

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Gardner story is true. Teams from France want him, as do Wigan, Portsmouth and Blackburn. Jack Byrne wants to leave.  We do want Baxter, but so do loads of other clubs, including Burton, who are managed by Clough...

You'd have to be looking at a worthwhile transfer fee for those clubs. If selling him adds 25% to the wage budget then I'll wish him well for the future 

35 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Not really!  you made up an argument/point of view and attributed it to me falsely. You also said you gave up but here we still are. 

This will be my last post on this subject.

I do not believe that teams play to the same intensity in every game, i.e. when they are safe after being relegation threatened, I believe they can ease off the throttle a bit (i.e. not play with the same intensity) or as the expression goes they are "on the beach"

I then stated Latics as a perfect example of this in the last 2 seasons, giving you the dates, games and results to prove the point I was trying to make.

You believe this  to be "bollocks" and teams are never on the beach.

Nothing in any of your replies has done anything to change my mind.

You are entitled to your opinion and dare I say, I'm entitled to mine.

We will have to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

i’d just accept nominal fees for the lads that don’t want to be here get them off the books. Smells of Tranmere and Stockport this close season. 

You were the future once, Simon.

:wink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leeslover said:

You'd have to be looking at a worthwhile transfer fee for those clubs. If selling him adds 25% to the wage budget then I'll wish him well for the future 

If Byrne wants to leave then it's disappointing, I really think it would be mutually beneficial for him and us to have him here for a year and dominate League 2.  Then he could get much more money, a long-term positive reputation and we could get a bigger fee (and hopefully promotion). 

But if he is to leave, it would be the first big test for Lemsagam to get the proper value for an asset.  Even now, we should be able to add to the squad substantially with the fee we could get for Byrne.  If we simply get enough to pay off the next bill then I worry for any future business that we do.

I'm surprised at the reported interest in Gardner, he's decent but not an essential part of our squad in my opinion.  A fee for him would surely allow us to get an upgrade.

13 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If Byrne wants to leave then it's disappointing, I really think it would be mutually beneficial for him and us to have him here for a year and dominate League 2.  Then he could get much more money, a long-term positive reputation and we could get a bigger fee (and hopefully promotion). 

But if he is to leave, it would be the first big test for Lemsagam to get the proper value for an asset.  Even now, we should be able to add to the squad substantially with the fee we could get for Byrne.  If we simply get enough to pay off the next bill then I worry for any future business that we do.

I'm surprised at the reported interest in Gardner, he's decent but not an essential part of our squad in my opinion.  A fee for him would surely allow us to get an upgrade.

400k tops for the pair I'd say.

Guest Stanley30

Byrne is way too good for L1 let alone L2, he’s potentially a top end championship player. Very similar mould to a Wes Hoolahan in his style of play.Pleasure to watch even if Wellens seemed to lose the plot with him towards the end of the season. Clever investment by AL to sign him in Jan. As he wants away I personally think £250k plus with sell on clause is good business as at the moment he is still just potential 

Guest Stanley30

Gardner is a different kettle of fish, he didn’t tear up any trees but I agree with other posts he was played to deep. I’m sure we can pick up CM’s who can do the deep lying play maker role equally as well so maybe worth cashing in rather than keeping him. Depends if he wants to stay and what Wellens’ plan are for him

6 hours ago, cmr said:

I was told by one of Bury's sponsors that Stewart Day had approached the club to see if we'd be interested in ground sharing in a new build ground somewhere  between the two towns. 

No idea if or how those talks have progressed unfortunately.