Squad movements, summer 2018

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Be honest now. Have you seen any evidence so far that this club is better off financially than it was last year? When I say this I mean in a position to turn down offers for players who we would like to keep.

We have a squad (large one at that), I would hope they are being paid - that puts us in a much better position than last year but for me the more pertinent point is why as fans would you not have any hope for a season that is about a dozen weeks away from starting, I'm the most miserable pessimist on the planet at times but I can't for the life of me get my head round all the doom mongering that a few seem hell bent on and seem to get pleasure in portraying at the moment, nobody knows where this journey is going to take us but fucking hell turn it in till we have some idea.

19 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Be honest now. Have you seen any evidence so far that this club is better off financially than it was last year? When I say this I mean in a position to turn down offers for players who we would like to keep.

What offers are these that we've turned down, then? I wasn't aware that anyone had made any bids yet. Sorry, mate, this doesn't make sense.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We have a squad (large one at that), I would hope they are being paid - that puts us in a much better position than last year but for me the more pertinent point is why as fans would you not have any hope for a season that is about a dozen weeks away from starting, I'm the most miserable pessimist on the planet at times but I can't for the life of me get my head round all the doom mongering that a few seem hell bent on and seem to get pleasure in portraying at the moment, nobody knows where this journey is going to take us but fucking hell turn it in till we have some idea.

Spot on. Some absolute dullards on here at the moment. Not happy unless they are peddling miserable stories of woe. Every thread has to have some cynical negative post to bring the mood down. It’s fucking boring.

7 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Davies in January?

On 26 May 2018 at 8:38 PM, whittles left foot said:

Nice idea if we had any money-so far it looks as though we are poorer than last season if that's possible.

It was confirmed recently that AL paid £3 million for the club so he's hardly short of a few quid.

Plus in Jan helped bring in 10 players, including paying a large chunk of wages for Doyle, signing Byrne on a perm and rumoured to be paying him 5/6k a week.

He brought in his foreign players on tons a week also.

Like someone said above our squad at the minute is huge and there's no reports of the players not being paid.

I struggle to see where/why you think we're so poor. If anything, I'm going into this thinking we're a big fish in a small pond and we're financially better off than we have been for a long time. I'd be surprised if we don't have one of if not the Biggest budgets in the division next season.  

5 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

It was confirmed recently that AL paid £3 million for the club so he's hardly short of a few quid.

Plus in Jan helped bring in 10 players, including paying a large chunk of wages for Doyle, signing Byrne on a perm and rumoured to be paying him 5/6k a week.

He brought in his foreign players on tons a week also.

Like someone said above our squad at the minute is huge and there's no reports of the players not being paid.

I struggle to see where/why you think we're so poor. If anything, I'm going into this thinking we're a big fish in a small pond and we're financially better off than we have been for a long time. I'd be surprised if we don't have one of if not the Biggest budgets in the division next season.  

Was it confirmed he paid £3m?

Speculated, yes, but actually confirmed?

Also, with the other things you said he has paid, that may mean he  has no money left!

Hope not, obviously.

Time will tell with the calibre of players we sign.

Fingers crossed it is a bigger budget, and bigger than some of the other teams.

But I wonder if Bury, Lincoln, MK Dons, Notts County, have bigger amongst others.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Also, with the other things you said he has paid, that may mean he  has no money left!

Hope not, obviously.

But I wonder if Bury, Lincoln, MK Dons, Notts County, have bigger amongst others.

Although it would be nice to have the bigger budget the most important aspect for me is using it wisely and spending it on three or four players who will make the difference, there is little point tying 10 - 20k a week up on players like Omrani,  Maouche, and Menig when we need players who are proven and can do a job at the level we are about to operate at, recruitment and keeping a happy ship are going to be key to our chances next season not the size of the budget.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Hope not, obviously.

You really think he would come in and spend all his money and he’s been here 5 months and he’s ran out ? What would be the point of him doing that ? Makes no sense for anybody. 

41 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You really think he would come in and spend all his money and he’s been here 5 months and he’s ran out ? What would be the point of him doing that ? Makes no sense for anybody. 

Does anybody understand why he bought the club in the first place? Given the description on here of who owns what at Boundary Park the purchase seems even more bizarre.

14 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Does anybody understand why he bought the club in the first place? Given the description on here of who owns what at Boundary Park the purchase seems even more bizarre.

The same reason most buy a lower league football club?