Squad movements, summer 2018

13 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Jose Baxter and Jack Byrne in the same midfield would be very entertaining but ultimately the defence would have even less protection that it did last season.

Who cares, we'd score so many goals!

Not pretending they're the same, but City have done alright with KdB and Silva in midfield all season. 

Edited by josh_latics

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

Who cares, we'd score so many goals!

Not pretending they're the same, but City have done alright with KdB and Silva in midfield all season. 

Man City would have won the league even if every shot on target had gone in. Doubt we'd have made playoffs if every shot taken had gone in 

On 22/05/2018 at 3:53 PM, palmer1 said:

So your example of every club being on the beach is us over the last few years who have been nothing but shit consistently all season and constantly fighting for our lives. 

Any stats from other clubs over a long period or just opinion. 

We didn't win in 9 against any other teams who 'were on the beach' I assume your argument for that is because we are crap because all our holidaying opponents picked up points which doesn't fit your theory.

FFS I give up.

I now agree with you that we were excellent in those last eight games and played really well in all of them, we should have won the lot.

Interesting that Shrewsbury confirm that L1 clubs receive £1.7m per annum from EFL.

23 players equates to £74,000 per annum or £1,400 per week.

I know there's non-playing staff to pay plus other bills but that amount shocked me as I thought it was significantly less than that.

However, in Championship it's £7m per annum....and Corney said we'd be running at a loss should we gain promotion from L1(!)

24 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Interesting that Shrewsbury confirm that L1 clubs receive £1.7m per annum from EFL.

23 players equates to £74,000 per annum or £1,400 per week.

I know there's non-playing staff to pay plus other bills but that amount shocked me as I thought it was significantly less than that.

However, in Championship it's £7m per annum....and Corney said we'd be running at a loss should we gain promotion from L1(!)

You'll get really annoyed if you factor in cup runs, not paying for our loan players for quite a few seasons as well as gates sales to other clubs we should have paid.

it was once explained to me the transfer embargos, not paying other EFL clubs away tickets etc, during a season runs like that dooms day clock that re-sets every season. We have been close to 11.59 for quite a few seasons now and if we ever did breach that 12 o'clock time, we would have had a season long transfer embargo minimum.

our reputation in the league has been shot to pieces, corney couldn't sustain us any longer. We have a new owner hopefully he has the skillset or access to people with skills that he can move us forward.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

You'll get really annoyed if you factor in cup runs, not paying for our loan players for quite a few seasons as well as gates sales to other clubs we should have paid.

it was once explained to me the transfer embargos, not paying other EFL clubs away tickets etc, during a season runs like that dooms day clock that re-sets every season. We have been close to 11.59 for quite a few seasons now and if we ever did breach that 12 o'clock time, we would have had a season long transfer embargo minimum.

our reputation in the league has been shot to pieces, corney couldn't sustain us any longer. We have a new owner hopefully he has the skillset or access to people with skills that he can move us forward.

Apologies if I've interpreted your message wrongly and - I may be stating the bleeding obvious - but are you implying Corney was receiving the funds (and more with cup runs, STs etc) but failed to invest it into the club?  Appreciate some of that gap went into paying legacy debts but suggestions of skimming?!

That chapter is now closed so what assurances can the Trust give us fans that AL has the financial clout and acumen to -

1. Prevent this happening again i.e. paying all legacy and future creditors to avoid transfer embargoes

2. Funds to strengthen our squad at L2 level to maximise our chances of promotion 

3. Funds for us to succeed above L1 should we gain promotion from L2

At moment I'm reading the odd scaremongering that AL doesn't have the proverbial pisspot then another post that we're signing Bryan and Baxter.

Now I'm not expecting the Trust to disclose future transfers but some assurances on AL's wealth and plans - no flannel but some facts please 

Edited by Midsblue

12 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Apologies if I've interpreted your message wrongly and - I may be stating the bleeding obvious - but are you implying Corney was receiving the funds (and more with cup runs, STs etc) but failed to invest it into the club?  Appreciate some of that gap went into paying legacy debts but suggestions of skimming?!

That chapter is now closed so what assurances can the Trust give us fans that AL has the financial clout and acumen to -

1. Prevent this happening again i.e. paying all legacy and future creditors to avoid transfer embargoes

2. Funds to strengthen our squad at L2 level to maximise our chances of promotion 

At moment I'm reading the odd scaremongering that AL doesn't have the proverbial pisspot then another post that we're signing Bryan and Baxter.

Now I'm not expecting the Trust to disclose future transfers but some assurances on AL's wealth and plans - no flannel but some facts please 

I keep asking this question. No offence to anyone on the trust, but corney is getting ripped apart by you. If you had this much info on corney,Surely u can give a little info on whether AL has money or not?

17 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

To be fair it's AL's business how much money he has. He told us he isn't super rich but does have a budget. If I was him I'd be fucked if I'd say what it was.

He kept the club afloat for most of a season when the debt spiral caught up with us. That buys him some trust in my eyes. If he just takes nothing out, that will leave a lot more for football when the dust settles. But guarantees? No. I don't think many owners come with that

9 minutes ago, leeslover said:

To be fair it's AL's business how much money he has. He told us he isn't super rich but does have a budget. If I was him I'd be fucked if I'd say what it was.

He kept the club afloat for most of a season when the debt spiral caught up with us. That buys him some trust in my eyes. If he just takes nothing out, that will leave a lot more for football when the dust settles. But guarantees? No. I don't think many owners come with that

Disagree I'm afraid.  This is the guarantee the Trust should be seeking.

OK he passed the EFL fit and proper test but assurances around the short, medium and long term future of our club should be sought

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I keep asking this question. No offence to anyone on the trust, but corney is getting ripped apart by you. If you had this much info on corney,Surely u can give a little info on whether AL has money or not?

Corney is getting ripped apart as he is still having a lasting effect on us. Hidden bills which weren’t part of the books coming up and biting us on the behind. Going to be a while before corneys bad smell goes away. Don’t expect millions available overnight with the mess he has left us in. Pay debts left by him then reap the rewards in a few seasons time. 

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Disagree I'm afraid.  This is the guarantee the Trust should be seeking.

OK he passed the EFL fit and proper test but assurances around the short, medium and long term future of our club should be sought

Why?

He could just lie. 

Hardly gona come out n say ‘yeah Im gona divert loadsa cash to my mates at every opportunity’ 

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Legacy debts? There is a strong argument to say those were accounted for in 2004 or 2005 at a rate of 50p in the Pound.

Anything after that is losses, not debts. Lots of people lost money for a few years around 2007/2008. Negative equity is an issue for a decent proportion of the population. They aren’t getting their “mates” to pay them back from funds that have nothing to do with them anymore

The club did lose money in a few years after the other 2 landlords left, but it made money in other years. Paying off the landlords shouldn’t be counted as debt repayment, more helping them fix a problem of their own making. Especially given some of the perks given to Brassbank by the club, like stumping up over a million quid of liabilities connected to tax and land deals, plus ownership of a new stand paid for by the club’s money.

AL has inherited a mess but some of it wasn’t as hidden as is being made out, mostly as people have long memories. Paying for the combination of poor business decisions and bad luck for former owners (and still no doubt multi-millionaires) shouldn’t be anywhere near AL’s priorities.

Corney is getting a decent amount of flak, especially given some of the information that I’ve been told and I’d guess a few members of this board know, but the other 2 landlords are far from innocent parties. 

If AL sells the club I don’t expect that owner to help AL cover his losses, it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the losses accrued by the current landlords are still not covered. That’s their problem.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Legacy debts? There is a strong argument to say those were accounted for in 2004 or 2005 at a rate of 50p in the Pound.

Anything after that is losses, not debts. Lots of people lost money for a few years around 2007/2008. Negative equity is an issue for a decent proportion of the population. They aren’t getting their “mates” to pay them back from funds that have nothing to do with them anymore

The club did lose money in a few years after the other 2 landlords left, but it made money in other years. Paying off the landlords shouldn’t be counted as debt repayment, more helping them fix a problem of their own making. Especially given some of the perks given to Brassbank by the club, like stumping up over a million quid of liabilities connected to tax and land deals, plus ownership of a new stand paid for by the club’s money.

AL has inherited a mess but some of it wasn’t as hidden as is being made out, mostly as people have long memories. Paying for the combination of poor business decisions and bad luck for former owners (and still no doubt multi-millionaires) shouldn’t be anywhere near AL’s priorities.

Corney is getting a decent amount of flak, especially given some of the information that I’ve been told and I’d guess a few members of this board know, but the other 2 landlords are far from innocent parties. 

If AL sells the club I don’t expect that owner to help AL cover his losses, it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the losses accrued by the current landlords are still not covered. That’s their problem.

I think he meant stuff like the leccy bill and loan sharks

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Now that the 3 Amigos have all left the club, what will happen with the multi-million pound debt they said would only be called in if the club reached the Premiership?

Edited by oafc1955