Squad movements, summer 2018

9 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Apologies if I've interpreted your message wrongly and - I may be stating the bleeding obvious - but are you implying Corney was receiving the funds (and more with cup runs, STs etc) but failed to invest it into the club?  Appreciate some of that gap went into paying legacy debts but suggestions of skimming?!

That chapter is now closed so what assurances can the Trust give us fans that AL has the financial clout and acumen to -

1. Prevent this happening again i.e. paying all legacy and future creditors to avoid transfer embargoes

2. Funds to strengthen our squad at L2 level to maximise our chances of promotion 

3. Funds for us to succeed above L1 should we gain promotion from L2

At moment I'm reading the odd scaremongering that AL doesn't have the proverbial pisspot then another post that we're signing Bryan and Baxter.

Now I'm not expecting the Trust to disclose future transfers but some assurances on AL's wealth and plans - no flannel but some facts please 

Don't think the Trust has any power to compel AL to prove his funds, nor his intentions. All they can do, like the rest of us, is ask and decide whether they believe him or not.

Any "assurances" are worth exactly zero.

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Now that the 3 Amigos have all left the club, what will happen with the multi-million pound debt they said would only be called in if the club reached the Premiership?

Where is this debt? If it isn’t in the club accounts then it isn’t the club’s debt. 

I'm bored. I know it's only the end of May but I'd really like some news on players joining or leaving. I'll even settle for news on what happened to last year's youth players (the disappearing Uche story aside).

Disappointed to see French teams sniffing around Gardner because regardless of what you think about his ability he did give his all game after game.  Not surprised with a French connection given the players that AL brought in.  Is this one of those win win situations when oafc gets a sale and an agent gets a commission.  We of course are not part of the win win because the team we support is carved up sold on and a new coach load arrive from across the water.

An owner with an agency background is not going to stand back and let his manager pick a squad.  Wellens is in no position to argue after the mess he made of last season.  An owner who knows better with a weakened manager is not the way you bounce back - its a belly flop - hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Disappointed to see French teams sniffing around Gardner because regardless of what you think about his ability he did give his all game after game.  Not surprised with a French connection given the players that AL brought in.  Is this one of those win win situations when oafc gets a sale and an agent gets a commission.  We of course are not part of the win win because the team we support is carved up sold on and a new coach load arrive from across the water.

An owner with an agency background is not going to stand back and let his manager pick a squad.  Wellens is in no position to argue after the mess he made of last season.  An owner who knows better with a weakened manager is not the way you bounce back - its a belly flop - hope I'm wrong.

To be honest if any French team is daft enough to take any of last seasons team I'm happy to let them fill their boots, you do realise your talking about Dan Gardner? A man best described as a lower league journey man, granted he did appear to care a little more than others but he is easily replaceable.

I think Dan Gardner would be much more effective in an attacking role. His vision and passing ability is excellent. It doesn’t always come off but that’s why he plays in the lower divisions.

He gives his all every game and always tries to go forward quickly at every opportunity. I would be sorry to lose him as he’d be a very good player for us in Division 2.

I’d quite like to see AL purchase the north stand and whatever else the club does not own of the ground. Bring it all back under ‘the club’ and ‘the club’s’ control. Get rid of the scourge once and for all. 

Are there any any plans for this to happen?

8 minutes ago, maddog said:

I’d quite like to see AL purchase the north stand and whatever else the club does not own of the ground. Bring it all back under ‘the club’ and ‘the club’s’ control. Get rid of the scourge once and for all. 

Are there any any plans for this to happen?

If he finds about 10 million quid then it could be a goer.

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think Dan Gardner would be much more effective in an attacking role. His vision and passing ability is excellent. It doesn’t always come off but that’s why he plays in the lower divisions.

He gives his all every game and always tries to go forward quickly at every opportunity. I would be sorry to lose him as he’d be a very good player for us in Division 2.

Better players react quicker to recieve passes, poor players can make a good pass look bad.

The higher quality players Gardner plays alongside the better he will be.

I bloody well hope so because that North Stand which was supposed to help us become self sufficient is just a waste of space in its present format.

Whether AL has the funds himself or can attract the required investment elsewhere we will probably find out over the coming months.

I don’t think a move to another site will have been completely ruled out by AL so we’ll just have to wait and see.

22 hours ago, palmer1 said:

And yet we just painted the Chaddy End?

I always trust an OWTBs source with a minus 9 member rating. Theyve always been so on the money in the past . 

Some people know people within the club, some don't. I couldn't care two fucks who rates what to be honest. 

16 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

FFS I give up.

I now agree with you that we were excellent in those last eight games and played really well in all of them, we should have won the lot.

26 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

Trolling, even nicer.

Not really!  you made up an argument/point of view and attributed it to me falsely. You also said you gave up but here we still are. 

49 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I bloody well hope so because that North Stand which was supposed to help us become self sufficient is just a waste of space in its present format.

Whether AL has the funds himself or can attract the required investment elsewhere we will probably find out over the coming months.

I don’t think a move to another site will have been completely ruled out by AL so we’ll just have to wait and see.

I'm still not sure if AL has, or access to, significant funds. But the move to another site and his only buying the club would make sense in freeing us from the shackles of debt.

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Friday last week is before this week, unless that needs confirming by someone who spends all day on here as well?

You might want to specify timelines first time around. If I've missed it first time I apologise but I don't recall you specifying a day. Then to say well as of Friday but that might of changed spreads major doubts on the story.